Online Acceptance Sampling Calculators other than "sqconline"

U

unueco

Greetings:

I'd like to gather pointers to or recommendations for an online acceptance sampling calculator that is *NOT* "sqconline".

They used to be my standard "go to" web site when I needed to put together a mil-std 105E sampling plan. But recently it seems they have become more and more restrictive of what you can do without paying for the service....and I don't do this enough for it to be cost effective to subcribe.

Any recommendations?

Thank you!!

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Bev D

Heretical Statistician
Leader
Super Moderator
I don't use the on-line calculators. I use a spreadsheet that Tim Folkerts posted here some time ago. I've modified it some to add features I use regularly. There is a tab for determining a plan based on the AQL and RQL levels, a tab for simple c=0 for RQLs (Which could be easily modified for AQL only plans - I haven't done it because we don't use AQL only...). There is a tab for comparing the OC curves for multiple plans as well as a tab for the binomial and poisson distributions for a given defect rate and sample size that is great for understanding the fundamentals...

One thing that distinguishes this spreadsheet from calssical calcualtors is that the plans are unrelated to lot size. It's statistically more correct than the 'old fashioned' AQL tables but some auditors and Quality folks get confused by this as it isn't what they are used to.

My thanks to Tim for the core of this spreadsheet.

Attachments

U

unueco

Thank you for your response. Sorry its taken me so long to get back to you. Your advice is much appreciated!

B

berry

Newbie here :)
On the spreadsheet: If the sample size is 25
Can you kindly explain ...
Accept on 6 = c
Reject on 3
Are you rejecting the 7th, 8th and 9th part? or the 4th, 5th, 6th part?

U

unueco

Hi!

I'm sorry but those parameters do not seem to make sense to me.

Normally, in a single pass acceptance plan, your acceptance parameter is:

Accept = C; Rej = C+1

So if it is Acc=6;Rej = 7 this means that if you find 6 or fewer failed pieces in your sample, then you accept the entire lot. If you find 7 failed pieces, then you reject the entire lot.

There is a particular sub-category of acceptance plans called C=0 plans. These plans are designed such that if even just one piece in the sample fails, the entire lot is rejected.

Hope this helps you understand.

Cheers!

B

berry

The information I copied is from the spreadsheet in the thread above.
It was a bit confusing. If I put into sample size as 25 I get the info above. I was not sure what the 3 was as a rej if the ac = 6

Thanks for the assistance. :applause:

Bev D

Heretical Statistician
Leader
Super Moderator
if you only entered 25 as a sample size and didn't change the AQL/RQL and confidence levels, the spreadsheet did give you a warning that you needed to increase your sample size and that the plan was not acceptable.

the spreadsheet works by increasing or decreasing the sample size until that sample size will meet your stated AQL and Confidence level for the AQL and the RQL and it's confidence level. the requirement for convergence is that the reject number (r) =c+1 where c is the accept number.

As often happens, you probably have a larger question than just the one you asked?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Document Control of Online Management Software ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
J Using an online software to maintain your QMS Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 7
T Travis Perkins Group Online Assessment -Ccharge Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 9
L How to find a good online CFDA submission training? China Medical Device Regulations 5
S Lean Six Sigma Online Training Six Sigma 1
dgrainger Informational EC - Medical devices – online manuals replacing paper instructions - Feedback period: 27 April 2021 - 25 May 2021 EU Medical Device Regulations 0
A Should I take an online course for a career in Occupational Health and Safety? Career and Occupation Discussions 2
Marc Informational Louvre puts entire collection online - 3-2021 World News 0
K Moulding Online Course Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 2
Le Chiffre Online training available for ISO/IEC 17021-1: Requirements for bodies providing audit and certification of management systems Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 3
T ISO 13485 - Assembly instructions written vs. online ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
X ISO 17025 certification for Laboratory for online gambling products ISO 17025 related Discussions 3
B Looking for 10 Internal Audit Online Training Participants ISO 17025 related Discussions 2
M ISO 13485-2016 online certification ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
J Recommendations for online ISO 19011 training? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 8
S RA (Regulatory Affairs) certification & Online Internship Professional Certifications and Degrees 11
Richard Regalado Informational ISO makes available relevant BCMS standards free for online access Business Continuity & Resiliency Planning (BCRP) 6
John C. Abnet Free Social Distancing Online Q&A session on 2 April 2020 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 0
H Online courses/program for medical device regulation EU Medical Device Regulations 5
B OSHA Top Ten webinar, March 31 (free online) [Deleted] Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 1
G USAS ISO 9001 Certification, online is it worth it? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
F Online courses - Metrology, standardization, calibration and ISO 17025 Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 3
S Where to get online AS standard audit certification classes? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
D ISO 9001:2015 Clause 8.4.3 "Information for External Providers" buying from online retailers. ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
M Sale of Rx Only Medical Device to Physician Online Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
N Online Internal Auditing Course for ISO 13485 - Suggestions ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 8
B Classes/ Online Training on ISO 13485:2016 and FDA QSR Part 820 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
J Good Laboratory Practice: online training course recommendations? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
J Online ISO 13485 Auditor Certification ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
R Online / Cloud Based Software as Medical Device EU Medical Device Regulations 8
Sidney Vianna ISO 20488 - Online Consumer Reviews Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 1
E Online training for an internal auditor to AS9120B AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
T Are online IATF 16949 training/certification worth the investment? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 0
K Online IATF16949 training Internal Auditing 10
A How to Handle Documented Information in an online database for ISO 9001:2015 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
T Online IATF 16949 Lead Auditor Course IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
T Recommendations for ONLINE IATF 16949 Lead Auditor Training IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
R Electronic (Online Database) Calibration Records General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
M AS9102 Training - Seeking third party agency that provides online AS9102 training AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
Marc Definition PEPPOL - Pan-European Public Procurement Online Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 0
BradM The Cove's Sister: Quality Forum Online Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 1
K Online Employee Training Software Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
Sidney Vianna Covegratulations to The Cove and Marc Smith - 19 years online January 6, 2015 Covegratulations 18
Marc Explore - Movies, audios and more! An Online Library Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 2
S Can I accomplish ISO 13485 Lead Auditor Training online? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 6
Ronen E Online resource for USA cities historical weather observations Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 2
T ISO Auditor Training - What online training is actually value added? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
M Continuing Education for Quality Professional (Online) Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 6
A Recommended Online Lead Auditor Course Professional Certifications and Degrees 5
A Online Navigation of Procedures and Quality System Documents Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3