Online Pantone PMS chart for opaque plastics

S

Sbonsell

Hi.

I came through to this forum from Google looking for information on the PMS for plastics. I'm trying to bring an electrical product to the UK market on my own so money's pretty tight and I can't afford the £1500 asking price from Pantone for their colour chip folder. Does anyone know of anything online that could suggest the Pantone colours that are avail in opaque plastic? I'm currently on page 23 of Google search results..............

Thanks

Stuart

CarolX

Trusted Information Resource
Re: online Pantone PMS chart for opaque pastics

Stuart,

I moved your thread to the manufacturing board.

Personally, I would be very hesitant to look for color chips online. Variations in computer monitors and printers will not allow for true colors of the chips.

S

somerqc

Stuart,

I agreement with Carol - do not use a monitor to judge colour. There are too many variations due to monitor set-ups and monitor quality.

I use Pantone on a daily basis as we do in house printing as well as make items for companies that have to match "corporate colours" (you would not believe how many people use 287C blue and 485c red!).

The only suggestion I have for you is to try to find an online company that may sell them for less. They won't be cheap regardless. I know they are much less here in Canada than the price you quote (after the exchange rate is accounted for). As I said, that doesn't mean they are cheap here, just less than what you have quoted there.

John

harry

Trusted Information Resource
Welcome Stuart,

Time to activate your business network. Ask around, it's something quite common and I am sure somebody can loan you a set or give you a lead to somebody else.

Ask and you shall be rewarded with more!

ScottK

Not out of the crisis
Leader
Super Moderator
I'm with both John and Carol.

Several years ago, just messing around, I used a handheld spectrophotometer on several PC/monitor combinations of the same photo.
Variation, as expected, was pretty extreme.

P

Phil Fields

Hi.

I came through to this forum from Google looking for information on the PMS for plastics. I'm trying to bring an electrical product to the UK market on my own so money's pretty tight and I can't afford the £1500 asking price from Pantone for their colour chip folder. Does anyone know of anything online that could suggest the Pantone colours that are avail in opaque plastic? I'm currently on page 23 of Google search results..............

Thanks

Stuart

Are you trying to choose a color? If so work with your plastic supplier, they should have access to different colors to choose for your product.

Phil

Top Bottom