Operational Excellence Assessment of multiple sites - Seeking examples

S

Swagg - 2009

I want to perform an assessment of multiple sites as to their state of Operational Excellence. This would be a self assessment performed by the site as to their level of Operational Excellence ( Continuous Improvement, Six Sigma, Lean, TQM, etc...) Does anyone have an example of an assessment?

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
I want to perform an assessment of multiple sites as to their state of Operational Excellence. This would be a self assessment performed by the site as to their level of Operational Excellence ( Continuous Improvement, Six Sigma, Lean, TQM, etc...) Does anyone have an example of an assessment?
I don't have an example that I could freely share, but, I believe, Operational Excellence is one of those things that are not easy to define, set criteria and assess deployment. For DNV, Operational Excellence is defined as
Operational excellence is the pursuit of excellence by optimising operational costs and execution time, increasing revenue and business performance and at the same time take into account frame conditions governing the operation.
How do you define OE at your organization?

DNV has done Operational Assessment engagements, but mostly for Oil & Gas and Maritime organizations. Nothing in Pharmaceuticals. In Bio Tech, we assist one of the World leading organizations (Genentech) with isrs[sup]7[/sup].

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
I don't have an example that I could freely share, but, I believe, Operational Excellence is one of those things that are not easy to define, set criteria and assess deployment. For DNV, Operational Excellence is defined as
Operational excellence is the pursuit of excellence by optimising operational costs and execution time, increasing revenue and business performance and at the same time take into account frame conditions governing the operation.

*Begin Pedantry*
How can operational excellence be the pursuit of excellence? What if you pursue it but never catch it?
*End Pedantry*

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
*Begin Pedantry*
How can operational excellence be the pursuit of excellence? What if you pursue it but never catch it?
*End Pedantry*
It is just like quality....
quality.jpg

D

Duke Okes

Take a look at the Shingo Prize criteria.

P

peacewong

Attach my company's assessment of operation excellence separate into Lean and Six Sigma. Maybe, they are useful for your assessment.

Attachments

• SS assessment by BU.xls
    22 KB · Views: 448
  • LMT FY09 Rev1.xls
    37.5 KB · Views: 381
Top Bottom