Operator protection - When to apply table 7, Dielectric strength test voltage

Benjamin Weber

Trusted Information Resource
Dear all,

for accessible parts where a patient connection is not negligible, either direct or indirect according to cl. 8.4.2 b) I have to apply the touch current limits.

My first question is: Do I have to apply MOOP here? I think yes - it is not a MOPP (no applied part or a part to be considered as such), so it has to MOOP (see also figure A.12)

If yes, the second questions comes: According to table 6, I don't have to perform dieelectric strength testing for secondary voltages below 42,4 Vpeak or 60 Vdc (let's say a 36 Vdc power supply). But looking at table 7, there a lot of test voltages for these low voltages (e.g. 513 Veff / 821 Veff for a working voltage of 36 Vdc). When do I have to apply these test voltages?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
U USB Connector Operator Protection (MOPP) IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 5
M Can I continue using IEC60601-1 Ed2 PSU for MOOP (Means Of Operator Protection) IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 7
M Nonconforming parts accepted by operator with intention Human Factors and Ergonomics in Engineering 31
H EU MDR Economic Operator notifications? EU Medical Device Regulations 1
M Inter-operator Variability Testing - Requirements for EU Medical Device Regulations 5
P Economic operator responsibilities - when the Importer is also Distributor - Article 13 EU Medical Device Regulations 1
P How far an operator can reach into a machine before it becomes an ergonomic problem CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 5
F Operator Manual and Type B Uncertainty Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 3
R Operator's manuals as prevention design control FMEA and Control Plans 2
M Informational EU – M2M Data Exchange available services for accessing MDR EUDAMED data available for Economic Operator (EO) organisations Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
G 3 Operator Std. Dev. and uncertainty calculation Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 2
T Root causes - operator's actions Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 17
K Article 23 (Parts and components) - Economic Operator EU Medical Device Regulations 1
shrutisancheti EU User manual / operator manual / service manual guidance document(s) CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
GoSpeedRacer How to handle operator involvement in the non conformance ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
Fender1 Operator process buy-in - how to get it? Manufacturing and Related Processes 6
K Operator Checks - How to show that they were completed on a checklist as acceptable IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
C ISO 9001:2015 - Non Applicable Design and Development (Power Plant Operator) Design and Development of Products and Processes 2
A Failure Mode from Operator "Components Fallen but Loaded" FMEA and Control Plans 3
A 21CFR807.25 (d) Owner-Operator Contact question 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
somashekar Adding an other process into the system - Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) Scheme ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
L Warning Letter adressed to owner/operator or facility? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
B How to change the FDA Device Registration and Listing Module - Owner/Operator Other US Medical Device Regulations 10
M Template for Quality Awareness Training to all Operator Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
P Countermeasure For CMM Operator Error Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 4
I Operator Initialling on Paperwork - FDA Good Documentation Practices Other US Medical Device Regulations 11
Mr.Happy Operator Mistakes (Errors) and responding to CAR (Corrective Action Requests) Nonconformance and Corrective Action 20
K Poka Yoke for Leaf Spring placement by Operator Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 2
D Nonconformance or Misinterpretation - When an operator does a Nonconformance Report Nonconformance and Corrective Action 31
shimonv Operator vs. Manufacturer Relationship and ISO 13485 / CE Requirements ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
D If a control operator add a photo as a visual aid, can you improve Occurrence? FMEA and Control Plans 12
C Operator Forgot to Follow Procedure - Now What? Manufacturing and Related Processes 6
L GB15980-2003 Bioburden Count Trend on Operator Hands Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 1
L Decision Matrix to help Operator driven Continuous Improvement Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 3
I Corrective Action Reply to a Customer - Operator Error Nonconformance and Corrective Action 50
M Voluntary Action by Human Operator Influences Availability? Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 2
J Standardized Operator Work Practices - Work Instructions - To what Level ? Manufacturing and Related Processes 8
optomist1 Nested Gage R & R One Operator One Sided Spec Using Minitab Software 5
C Corrective Action and Preventive Action for Operator Error (Cosmetic - Handling) Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 15
optomist1 MSA Gage R&R - Destructive Test with One Sided Specification and One Operator Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
S SPC Gap Analysis for Operator Training Needs Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 6
C Authorised Economic Operator Status (EU) - HMRC (Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs) Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 6
M Operator/Patient Leakage Current IEC 60601 - Battery Charger IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 7
Q Adding Malicious Operator to FMEA? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 12
S Control Plan Details vs. Operator Instruction Sheets - Document Contents IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
P ERP (Emergency Response Plan) for Small Air Operator EASA and JAA Aviation Standards and Requirements 7
S Operator Error - How to do a Corrective Action Nonconformance and Corrective Action 14
H FAA Operator - Acceptance of EASA Form 1 for Repaired Parts EASA and JAA Aviation Standards and Requirements 5
M PFMEA (Process FMEA - Potential Causes and Failure) - Operator's Role FMEA and Control Plans 11
R Process Qualification, Equipment Qualification, Operator Qualification - Sequence? Manufacturing and Related Processes 10