OPEX Black Belts - Anyone know what OPEX stands for?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Atul Khandekar

Quite Involved in Discussions
SS + LM + ...?

I believe OpEx is a combination of two prominent methodologies - Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing - basic focus being on reduction in variation as well as cycle time.

V

venkat - 2011

Our organisation wants to implement six sigma practices.

How should I commence the activity and how to get certified

Can any one help me please

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
Does anyone have any contemporary comments on what OPEX stands for, and if it has anything to do with Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing?

And - Is there any type of certification? Is there an OPEX Black Belt?

D

dbulak

opex

Marc said:
Does anyone have any contemporary comments on what OPEX stands for, and if it has anything to do with Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing?

I did a google search and came up with "opex" --operational excellence. Seems that it is six sigma related and is now being termed "co-opex" customer operational excellence.

W

wmarhel

Marc said:

It is for "Operational Excellence" and it seems to be a new job title that is popping up. Apparently, organizations were into "Operational Mediocrity" prior to this new title.

Wayne

Wes Bucey

Quite Involved in Discussions
I was stunned by the number of hits on two similar searches at Yahoo.
"operational excellence" alone got 1.2 million hits!
"operational excellence" +"black belt" got 12,000 hits (see thumbnail) which kind of floored me. I was not aware of ANYONE issuing a certification until I decided to add the word "certification" to the search. One of the shops uses this phrasing for its BB course

Experts in the field of education know that application of theories and tools into real-world situations builds confidence and competence. During the program, TPMG Black Belt Candidates will identify an improvement project. They will work the project during their course of study. TPMG will provide a facilitator to train, coach and answer questions about project implementation.
[FONT=Arial,Arial]The purpose of the TPMG coach is to make it easy to learn and succeed! [/FONT]Upon completion of the project and program, Candidates will graduate and be [FONT=Arial,Arial]certified as Six Sigma Black Belts.
[/FONT]To date, TPMG Certified Black Belts have produced over $256,000 in hard dollar cost savings per project. That is, on average, $26,000.00 more than the average return on investment.

Attachments

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L OpEx (Operational Excellence) Documents in QMS? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 0
R What's the major difference between Green Belt and Black Belt in term of training and project Six Sigma 3
K AS9100 - 7.3 - Are these black and white questions with specific correct answers AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
Z IFU (Instructions for Use) Symbol - 7010:M002 - can it be in black? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 1
Proud Liberal Black Darkness style (test) Elsmar Xenforo Forum Software Instructions and Help 1
V Carbon Black (Master Batch) - Basic Requirements Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
C Black Oxide Gage Pin Calibration Requirements General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
P "Bayer" Black Resin vs. Master Batch Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
K Looking for Six Sigma Black Belt projects in Customer Service Six Sigma 7
A Application / Use of Hypothesis Testing in any Six Sigma Black Belt Project Six Sigma 8
S What does B, M1 through M5 and the black triangle mean in MDD ? EU Medical Device Regulations 5
M ASQ CMBB Master Black Belt - anyone appearing for Mar 1, 2014 exam ? Professional Certifications and Degrees 6
G Looking for live project in company for Six Sigma Black belt Project Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 3
K ASQ Six Sigma Handbook - Should I purchase the Black Belt handbook now? Six Sigma 5
K Black Anodize Color Specification per MIL Spec Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
P The difference between Six Sigma Black Belt and Master Black Belt Six Sigma 2
D How to test the quality of black anodized aluminum Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 9
C When do I select Team for Black Belt Project? Six Sigma 3
K What is the role of the Six Sigma Black Belt? Six Sigma 9
L Discoloration of Tin Plated Surface from White to Black or Yellow during Storage Manufacturing and Related Processes 7
S Cosmetic Inspection (scratch, black dot, burr) Standard in Manufacturing Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
Marc Automobile 'Black Box' Data - An Inside Look World News 0
C What is the Salary for a certified 6 Sigma Black Belt? Six Sigma 24
N Can we use a black pen to sign documents, fill out forms, etc? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 16
Marc Black Ops: How HBGary wrote backdoors for the government After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 1
A Any friends from Black & Decker? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 1
B Good Black Belt Training Programs? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 12
Q Completed Certified Six Sigma Black Belt (CSSBB) Oct 17th 2009 Professional Certifications and Degrees 11
P Attribute Control Chart in my Process - Black Belt says Not Appropriate Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 11
Q ASQ CSSBB - Certified Six Sigma Black Belt Professional Certifications and Degrees 18
E Who could give a book named The certified six sigma black belt handbook Professional Certifications and Degrees 6
dsalcido Black Belt Training - I am located in Houston, TX Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
P Six Sigma Black Belt Certification Professional Certifications and Degrees 20
S ASQ Six Sigma Black Belt Affidavit Professional Certifications and Degrees 41
P Six Sigma Green Belt and Black Belt Qualifications Six Sigma 5
S ASQ - Six Sigma Black Belt Certification Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
S Confusion DPU, PPM & DPMO vs. Sigma Level - ASQ Six Sigma Black Belt hand book Six Sigma 14
S I am considering an online Black Belt Certification Six Sigma 19
ScottK Soliciting Feedback for my final Black Belt project -please review my Project Charter Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 4
B Six Sigma green belt and black belt online certification question Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 6
B Preparing myself for certified six sigma black belt Professional Certifications and Degrees 1
A Six sigma black belt telephone test Six Sigma 5
J Would you recommend starting at Yellow Belt or go straight to Black Belt? Six Sigma 7
G Master Black Belt Certification without spending too much money Six Sigma 28
G Black Belt vs Green Belt projects Six Sigma 3
N The Term for Black and White Art Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 18
E What is Project Scoping? Must I work with a SS Master Black Belt? Six Sigma 5
H Tables to be taken to the Six Sigma Black Belt Exam Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
D Black Test Corner for Temperature Testing General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 8
C 6 Sigma Black Belt Certification Exam - Preparation suggestions Professional Certifications and Degrees 2