OPEX Black Belts - Anyone know what OPEX stands for?

A

Atul Khandekar

SS + LM + ...?

I believe OpEx is a combination of two prominent methodologies - Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing - basic focus being on reduction in variation as well as cycle time.

V

venkat - 2011

Our organisation wants to implement six sigma practices.

How should I commence the activity and how to get certified

Can any one help me please

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Does anyone have any contemporary comments on what OPEX stands for, and if it has anything to do with Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing?

And - Is there any type of certification? Is there an OPEX Black Belt?

D

dbulak

opex

Marc said:
Does anyone have any contemporary comments on what OPEX stands for, and if it has anything to do with Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing?

I did a google search and came up with "opex" --operational excellence. Seems that it is six sigma related and is now being termed "co-opex" customer operational excellence.

W

wmarhel

Marc said:

It is for "Operational Excellence" and it seems to be a new job title that is popping up. Apparently, organizations were into "Operational Mediocrity" prior to this new title.

Wayne

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
I was stunned by the number of hits on two similar searches at Yahoo.
"operational excellence" alone got 1.2 million hits!
"operational excellence" +"black belt" got 12,000 hits (see thumbnail) which kind of floored me. I was not aware of ANYONE issuing a certification until I decided to add the word "certification" to the search. One of the shops uses this phrasing for its BB course

Experts in the field of education know that application of theories and tools into real-world situations builds confidence and competence. During the program, TPMG Black Belt Candidates will identify an improvement project. They will work the project during their course of study. TPMG will provide a facilitator to train, coach and answer questions about project implementation.
[FONT=Arial,Arial]The purpose of the TPMG coach is to make it easy to learn and succeed! [/FONT]Upon completion of the project and program, Candidates will graduate and be [FONT=Arial,Arial]certified as Six Sigma Black Belts.
[/FONT]To date, TPMG Certified Black Belts have produced over $256,000 in hard dollar cost savings per project. That is, on average, $26,000.00 more than the average return on investment.

Attachments

• OPEXBB.jpg
    OPEXBB.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 301
Top Bottom