Opinion on gauge control graphic

Bev D

Heretical Statistician
Leader
Super Moderator
Some feedback on the graphic as presented:
The graphic itself has more visual presence than the thoughts about the activities that make up gauge control
The thoughts regarding Gauge control are quite sparse - will you be elaborating on later slides?
Traceability is a small subset of calibration and is certainly not equivalent to Measurement system analysis or even the other collective elements of calibration although the choice of graphic directly implies that it is equivalent.
I suggest a very different graphic if you must have one: perhaps two interlocking puzzle pieces. You can use a heading of th epurpose of calibration and MSA and sub bullets of the various elements that you will cover later…

Versa.Tech

Registered
I guess I'm trying to make something simple and pretty as a reference for people not involved in gauge control but need to speak intelligently about it.
Changing it to have bullets make a lot of sense to improve its usefulness.
And traceability should be a sub-point of calibration?

Bev D

Heretical Statistician
Leader
Super Moderator
Since traceability only applies to calibration it is by definition a sub set of calibration. It has no place in MSA.

Miner

Forum Moderator
Leader
Admin
Perhaps this will help. Traceability is a requirement for assessing bias.

And just a forewarning, ISO is planning to change the names and definitions of these terms which have been broadly accepted for many decades. Working from memory, the highest level will be renamed accuracy, and what is now called accuracy will be renamed "trueness'. This will be part of the ISO 5725 series.

Opinion on gauge control graphic

Last edited:
Top Bottom