Opinions of those who have used/read David Hoyle's ISO 9000 Handbook

V

vaalea

I'm curious of the opinions of those who have used/read this book. It has been my main resource having no previous knowledge on the topic.
One thing is that he states 4 main business processes: Mission Management, Resource Management, Demand Creation, Demand Fulfilment. It seems to me not everyone comes to the same conclusion. I'm curious what others have to say about Hoyle's work... THANKS!

Peter Fraser

Trusted Information Resource
I'm curious of the opinions of those who have used/read this book. It has been my main resource having no previous knowledge on the topic.
One thing is that he states 4 main business processes: Mission Management, Resource Management, Demand Creation, Demand Fulfilment. It seems to me not everyone comes to the same conclusion. I'm curious what others have to say about Hoyle's work... THANKS!

The 4 are similar to the top level of the APQC framework. Public sector bodies may not need to "Create a Demand" for their services, but otherwise it makes sense, whatever the type of organisation. This is where to start when you set out to define "how you run the business", rather than using the "model of a process based management system" in ISO9001.

PS the book covers how to define "how you run the business" rather than (just) how to comply with ISO9001 - which is what is needed for good management rather than just for "getting a badge". [see my review on Amazon for more...]

Raffy

Quite Involved in Discussions

Hoyle's Book is informative, I purchased one of his books for TS16949 and it did a lot of help to me though I don't have a formal training for TS. It can be easily understood... plus the inputs of those person who have helped me here in the forum, we made it three years... TS16949 Certified...Thank you all who have helped and share their experience... :) :thanx:

Raffy :cool:

Top Bottom