Organisational Chart-ISO 17025 Laboratory

Hi All,
I am working as a QM in a testing laboratory. Last month we had an ISO 17025 accreditation audit. One of the non-conformance raised during this audit was: "The organisation chart does not show the interrelationships for the quality manager, nor is this described in the quality manual. The interrelation ships between laboratory and technical manager are described in the quality manual". Our organisational chart is attached. Could you please help me how we can update the organisational chart in order to show the interrelationships for the quality manager?
Many thanks in advance,

Attachments

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

dwperron

Trusted Information Resource
Hi All,
I am working as a QM in a testing laboratory. Last month we had an ISO 17025 accreditation audit. One of the non-conformance raised during this audit was: "The organisation chart does not show the interrelationships for the quality manager, nor is this described in the quality manual. The interrelation ships between laboratory and technical manager are described in the quality manual". Our organisational chart is attached. Could you please help me how we can update the organisational chart in order to show the interrelationships for the quality manager?
Many thanks in advance,
In the good old days of 17025:2005 they called out for a Quality Manager, but 17025:2017 no longer does. However, in section 6.2 Personnel, we read "6.2.4 The management of the laboratory shall communicate to personnel their duties, responsibilities and authorities "
It appears that you do that for the laboratory and technical managers in your quality manual, so I am guessing that the auditor is looking for similar documentation for the role of your quality manager.

In the good old days of 17025:2005 they called out for a Quality Manager, but 17025:2017 no longer does. However, in section 6.2 Personnel, we read "6.2.4 The management of the laboratory shall communicate to personnel their duties, responsibilities and authorities "
It appears that you do that for the laboratory and technical managers in your quality manual, so I am guessing that the auditor is looking for similar documentation for the role of your quality manager.
Hi dwperron,
Thank you very much for your response. The auditor was happy with the way QM is working with laboratories (we went through documentation like meeting reports, training files etc) but he insisted on that the organisation chart does not reflect it. Do you have any suggestion how we can visualize this?
Many Thanks,
Emine

brucefon

Quality Coordinator - Hitachi High-Tech
Hi All,
Many thanks in advance,

Attachments

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Organisational Chart for a small Engineering and Manufacturing Company Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
F Quality Manager - Conflict of interests in organisational structure AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
J Human Resources Management/Organisational Development - Blake & Mouton?s model Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 4
I Survey - The impact of ISO 9001 Certification on Organisational Peformance ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
D Organisational Structure - Difficulty with a business stream approach Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 4
D Control chart selection of multiple batches review Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
S Linking control chart with control plan Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 5
Nihls Quality Control (stability) Chart for CMM's - How the control limits are to be calculated Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 2
G Need journal and reference of abnormal bar chart SPC Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
A R chart from ANOVA gage R&R test Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 12
A Attribute , for example C chart Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 16
A SPC procedure / flow chart Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
optomist1 Paynter Chart Example APQP and PPAP 1
A Fabric roll inspection - What type of Control Chart to use? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
Z Putting back excluded rows/data points in a control chart Using Minitab Software 0
B Control chart and sample time Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1
J Control chart for huge sample size Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 9
R Capability analysis - What is going on this chart? Manufacturing and Related Processes 15
S How MR (Moving Range) in Z-MR chart is calculated Using Minitab Software 5
M What is "setup control chart"? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
D Virtual Documentation via Master Flow Chart? Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 4
A Redesigning our process flow chart, PFMEA and Control Plan Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 4
K Vigilance process flow chart EU Medical Device Regulations 1
D Control chart applicable? Percentage of compliance with a standard Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
G I-chart form for GM GP-12 Customer and Company Specific Requirements 2
D Link between FMEA, flow chart and control plan FMEA and Control Plans 10
B How to do a control chart - Machining product that requires flatness control Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 1
D China - Where I can get NMPA complete structure/organogram chart and GB/YY format list China Medical Device Regulations 1
K Turtle diagram or process interaction chart - Making it easier for an auditor Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 23
D Should "Waste" be included as Output in SIPOC Chart? Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 8
S Assembly House Process Chart ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
K Why calculate LCL in P-chart? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
B GM GP-12 Pre-Launch - They asking for a I chart Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
bobdoering SPC Charting frequency calculator for X hi/lo chart Imported Legacy Blogs 0
K Operating characteristic (OC) curve S chart Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1
K What is the Beta RISK for S chart OF XBAR-S chart Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 0
S Understanding control chart and measurement capability Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
F Appropriate Control Chart Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 5
S used excel formula calculated the ARL's with Rule1&Rule2 for Shewhart control chart Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 0
H How to define Root Cause when some points are out of control chart Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
L Formulas to be able to answer these Run Chart questions Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 7
L The ARL for an X bar Control Chart (n = 5) Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 5
L P-Chart Control Limit Calculation help Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1
L A Complete Control Chart Decision Tree Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 5
N Gantt Chart / Time Tracker in Excel - Combining Tasks on the Same Line Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 2
D Organization Chart Document Numbering ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
S Variation Study on Mined Material - What do you call it (not a control chart) Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 7
G I-Chart and X bar Chart Control limits Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
G Chart with LSL and USL: What is it's name? Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 4
N What is the interpretation I-MR-R chart in this question? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1