Organisational Chart-ISO 17025 Laboratory

Emine

Starting to get Involved
Hi All,
I am working as a QM in a testing laboratory. Last month we had an ISO 17025 accreditation audit. One of the non-conformance raised during this audit was: "The organisation chart does not show the interrelationships for the quality manager, nor is this described in the quality manual. The interrelation ships between laboratory and technical manager are described in the quality manual". Our organisational chart is attached. Could you please help me how we can update the organisational chart in order to show the interrelationships for the quality manager?
Many thanks in advance,

Attachments

• organisational chart rev 19.pptx
    37.9 KB · Views: 163

dwperron

Trusted Information Resource
Hi All,
I am working as a QM in a testing laboratory. Last month we had an ISO 17025 accreditation audit. One of the non-conformance raised during this audit was: "The organisation chart does not show the interrelationships for the quality manager, nor is this described in the quality manual. The interrelation ships between laboratory and technical manager are described in the quality manual". Our organisational chart is attached. Could you please help me how we can update the organisational chart in order to show the interrelationships for the quality manager?
Many thanks in advance,

In the good old days of 17025:2005 they called out for a Quality Manager, but 17025:2017 no longer does. However, in section 6.2 Personnel, we read "6.2.4 The management of the laboratory shall communicate to personnel their duties, responsibilities and authorities "
It appears that you do that for the laboratory and technical managers in your quality manual, so I am guessing that the auditor is looking for similar documentation for the role of your quality manager.

Emine

Starting to get Involved
In the good old days of 17025:2005 they called out for a Quality Manager, but 17025:2017 no longer does. However, in section 6.2 Personnel, we read "6.2.4 The management of the laboratory shall communicate to personnel their duties, responsibilities and authorities "
It appears that you do that for the laboratory and technical managers in your quality manual, so I am guessing that the auditor is looking for similar documentation for the role of your quality manager.

Hi dwperron,
Thank you very much for your response. The auditor was happy with the way QM is working with laboratories (we went through documentation like meeting reports, training files etc) but he insisted on that the organisation chart does not reflect it. Do you have any suggestion how we can visualize this?
Many Thanks,
Emine

brucefon

Quality Coordinator - Hitachi High-Tech
Hi All,
Many thanks in advance,

Attachments

• organisational chart rev 19.pptx
    38.3 KB · Views: 201
Top Bottom