Organization chart for two manufacturing facilities under one corportate umbrella

ScottK

Not out of the crisis
Leader
Super Moderator
How would you handle an org chart for two manufacturing facilities?
Corporate is combined with one facility, the other has no "corporate" staff but the management there reports to corporate management.

Would you do two separate org charts or one combined?
Or even three?

About 200 people between both facilities - and most of the top managers have more than one job title... examples: President is also Chief Engineer, CFO is also Materials Manager.

RoxaneB

Change Agent and Data Storyteller
Super Moderator
Discordian said:
How would you handle an org chart for two manufacturing facilities?
Corporate is combined with one facility, the other has no "corporate" staff but the management there reports to corporate management.

Would you do two separate org charts or one combined?
Or even three?

About 200 people between both facilities - and most of the top managers have more than one job title... examples: President is also Chief Engineer, CFO is also Materials Manager.

Okay, first with the multiple titles...this shouldn't be an issue as long as you don't put names on the organization chart.

For visual purposes, it might be easier to break the org chart into manageable sections (ie, by process, department and/or location)

And like a flow chart, if you say that one line is a output A on one chart, A could be an input on another, showing the connection.

J

Joe Cruse

We have a somewhat similar situation.

First, we don't put names of people on the chart. Second, we put both onto one chart, and drew lines of responsiblity across the 2 where applicable. It was fairly simple to work out after putting the 2 org systems side-by-side.

You can do a couple of things with those who hold more than one job title: in the box on the chart for that person, put in both job titles (what we did); or 2 separate title boxes kept together. If the 2 facilities (with corporate staff) are under the same ISO cert, or if you're just trying to give a company-wide chart, I'd keep corporate and the 2 manufacturing facilities on one main chart, each with its own area of the chart to itself.

ScottK

Not out of the crisis
Leader
Super Moderator
I think the president (owner) would like to keep names.
I can get around that.
The current chart is a total wreck. It's crammed on one legal size sheet and has different shapes for different facilities and the same person in 3 or 4 boxesin some cases.

I started re-doing it and I'm leaning towards the multiple page format with a page for each major function.
Executive/Senior Management
Engineering/Design
Manufacturing plant 1
Manufacturing plant 2
Supply Chain plant 1
Supply chain plant 2
Quality/Compliance plant 1
Quality Compliance plant 2

Top Bottom