Organizational Changes and the Registration Audit

P

Phalcon

Our organization is in the process of change. Our division has been ISO registered for some time, there was recently a change to our directorate and the director wants the entire directorate registered by oru audit in August 2011. We are updating our current process due to other changes and are incorperating the enter directorate in the changes. My question, is there a problem having the entire directorate in our processes during our audit in August 2010 eventhough they are not actually being added until 2011?:confused:

AndyN

Moved On
Re: Changes

Our organization is in the process of change. Our division has been ISO registered for some time, there was recently a change to our directorate and the director wants the entire directorate registered by our audit in August 2011. We are updating our current process due to other changes and are incorporating the enter directorate in the changes. My question, is there a problem having the entire directorate in our processes during our audit in August 2010 even though they are not actually being added until 2011?:confused:

I'm not entirely clear what you're asking here, but with what you've written, here's my take on some clues for you...

You are making changes - are these the subject of a Management Review of your QMS? If not, they should be!

If you are rolling in another part of the organization, that should also be included in the review.

If you are adding anything, at any time and it can be 'discovered' during your CB audit, and you haven't got a plan, done audits of the new processes/organization etc. then, yes, it will be a problem! You have to demonstrate management control over changes!

M

machrk

:)oh I know your world - it's what we have been living for several years - so best I can suggest is map the processes of what fits where - and who's covered by what certification and explain to all parties the need for them to be covered by a certification or you don't sell products/services

so you will need to seek an extension to the scope of your certified operations - talk to your certifying body - but have the process mapped out

and you will need all the documentation in place or at least a plan to get it into place and show how you are progressing against that plan in your 2011 audit

@KerrieAnne aka machrk

al40

Quite Involved in Discussions
If I understand you right you want to pull your entire organization under your ISO scope correct?
Any changes have to be communicated to your ISO registar and as suggested above you will need to review your processes to include your process map(s) along with your organizational chart to reflect the changes.

Also noted is that you need to hold a management review to show that changes affecting the QMS has been discussed. Also I would contact your registar and discuss possible paths witht hem and their suggestions as well.

Hope this helps,

Al40

somashekar

Leader
Admin
Our organization is in the process of change. Our division has been ISO registered for some time, there was recently a change to our directorate and the director wants the entire directorate registered by oru audit in August 2011. We are updating our current process due to other changes and are incorperating the enter directorate in the changes. My question, is there a problem having the entire directorate in our processes during our audit in August 2010 eventhough they are not actually being added until 2011?:confused:
I do not see a problem as long as you map them well in your clause 4 and 5 requirements and address all issues in the management review minutes. Well before any audit, you will get from your CB a request to update details and changes that has effected your QMS and you can respond to that appropriately.

Last edited:
Top Bottom