Organizing internal audit program for an Integrated QHSE Management System

Graciel

Involved In Discussions
Customer complaints are an indicator of bad performance in the quality management aspect of the system. Since you have an integrated QHSE system, you should be looking at indicators of poor performance for all aspects of the system and context issues, such as COVID-19 (as an example). If you want to have a high performing internal audit program, you have to focus on issues of relevance to the organization and it's stakeholders.

But a zero-nonconformity audit result from an integrated management system audit, for an organization that has 47 trained (not necessarily competent) internal auditors is a huge red flag.

I mean the 0 non conformities was during external audits (in the last 4 years)

AgnieszkaSz

Involved In Discussions
The simplest tool in integrated system is a simple matrix. If you have a sound Quality Manual, you will have all processes identified there and - ideally - mentioned particular standard clauses that apply to them (of course some apply for all processes, like NCs and training). Then you build a matrix: processes to be audited on Y axis and clauses of all three standards on X axis. Tick appropriate boxes.
This is rather basic tool but it has helped me enormously.
Second level is to identify all SOPs pertinent to each process.

Thee Bouyyy

Multiple Personalities
The simplest tool in integrated system is a simple matrix. If you have a sound Quality Manual, you will have all processes identified there and - ideally - mentioned particular standard clauses that apply to them (of course some apply for all processes, like NCs and training). Then you build a matrix: processes to be audited on Y axis and clauses of all three standards on X axis. Tick appropriate boxes.
This is rather basic tool but it has helped me enormously.
Second level is to identify all SOPs pertinent to each process.

It should be like conformity matrix which includes clause number, clause requirement, Different Tiers (Quality manual, SOP, forms, etc.)

Top Bottom