Original Brand Labeler (OBL) in China

Edugar

Involved In Discussions
Hi,

Is an OBL accepted in China?

Original Brand Labeler (OBL) is defined as a company which obtains equipment manufactured by other companies (OEMs) to resell that product under its own brand name – meaning, OBL Manufacturer will be the one placing the product on the market under their name or trade names.

What happens if the company that manufactures the product (that is, the OEM) is a foreign company?

Which company (OBL or OEM) should register the product in China?

I am very grateful for any help.

W

WendyLu33

Hi, Edugar, as I know, according to the Product Quality Law of the People's Republic of China, all products which are exported to China shall have Chinese labels.

You can ask your distributor to register your products in China, I think they will prepare Chinese labels for you.

B

bermed

Hi,

Is an OBL accepted in China?

Original Brand Labeler (OBL) is defined as a company which obtains equipment manufactured by other companies (OEMs) to resell that product under its own brand name – meaning, OBL Manufacturer will be the one placing the product on the market under their name or trade names.

What happens if the company that manufactures the product (that is, the OEM) is a foreign company?

Which company (OBL or OEM) should register the product in China?

I am very grateful for any help.

Hi Edugar,

Since last year, OBL within China is allowed in several provinces, like Shanghai, Guangdong and Tianjin.
e.g. OBL in Shanghai, OEM in Shanghai.
OBL in Shanghai and OEM in Beijing is not allowed.

Cross-boarder OBL (OBL in China, OEM overseas) is not allowed.

best, Chao

Top Bottom