Others? Clause 7.5.1.7 Feedback of Information From Service?

W

wcsf - 2008

Permissible Exclusion - How about others??

I am not sure anyone has asked this before but I saw some similar one for 6.2.2.1 "Product Design Skills".

But my question is regarding clause 7.5.1.7 "Feedback of Informatoin From Service" and 7.5.1.8 "Service Agreement with Customer".

If we are not having any service agreement with customer, then this (7.5.1.8) have to be excluded. For example, I am just a semiconductor part suppliers within the automotive supply chain. But if I exclude this, I will again fall into the permissible exclusion trap.

In addition, if the above situation applies, I also need to exclude 7.5.1.7 since I have no service contract and I will not have any service centre feedback. Assuming if this is meant for customer service centre, it will be trated as customer complaint. If customer also does not have service centre.......????

Conceptually, if anything which is obviously not applicabel to us, we should be able to exclude with detail justifiaction. Howver with the statement in 1.2, I thing this creates confusion.

Don, any opinion?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Geoff Cotton

Quite Involved in Discussions
Folks,

What does “Service” mean? I’m struggling to bend my head around this one.

We supply fasteners, screws etc. to the automotive industry. We do not supply items that could be “Serviced”. We do not have any “Service” agreements with any of our customers.

Do we have to map out the theoretical process?

Or is “Service” talking about things like On-time Delivery etc?
:confused:

Service and Service

If we are not having any service agreement with customer, then this (7.5.1.8) have to be excluded. For example, I am just a semiconductor part suppliers within the automotive supply chain. But if I exclude this, I will again fall into the permissible exclusion trap.
Not necessarily. This falls along the same lines as Traceability. The standard (okay, the Technical Specification) begins: "When there is a service agreement..." This indicates you are automatically excluded unless the "when there is" is enacted. A permissible exclusion is an exception to the rule. Here the exception would be if there was a service agreement.

Now, about 7.5.1.7. I'm not convinced this is referring to the same thing (service). Read the note carefully. If the intent is to ensure you are aware of nonconformities that occur external to your organization, I think this is referring to warrantee work. For example, if your semiconductors fail. Your customer notifies you and you are to communicate that information to those who need to know it. Kind of a cross between 5.5.3 and 8.5.2.4.

Geoff, this would also apply to your fasteners. Should they fail in the field, then how do you communicate that and to whom.

All of this is IMNSHO of course.

D

Don Wood - 2011

Scope Exceptions

All of those clauses like 6.2.21 and 7.5.8 fall under the category of "scope exceptions", not exclusions. If these activities are not part of your QMS, then they can't be audited. Therefore, no problem! :)

You are not required to document these cases in your QM (there's no "shall" that says you do), though personally I think it's not a bad idea to note these in your scope statement. Why not avoid the argument in the first case? Don't call them "exlcusions" though - that's a loaded word.

Oh, and you don't have to go through that horse dung about documenting a procedure IN CASE you start doing these activities in the future. You never had to do that under QS either, though auditors loved to impose that, didn't they?

Don Wood
Deosil Management
Licensed Plexus Trainer/TS 16949 CB Auditor Examiner

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Applicable ISO standards - packaging and others Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 3
R FDA - How to discontinue/obsolete medical devices that share sub-components with others that will still be distributed Other US Medical Device Regulations 5
W Compliance Obligations - legislative, regulative and others Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 4
S How others have defined "reaudits"? 21 CFR Part 820.22 Internal Auditing 1
Hershal Holiday Season 2014 - Giving to others Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 5
A EASA Part 21G approval for manufacturing of seat covers, carpets, curtains & others EASA and JAA Aviation Standards and Requirements 1
M Oracle Agile PLM Software Reviews - Oracle Agile, others? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 2
S 510(K) Ownership and Protection from Use by Others 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
Hershal Remembering others this 4th of July 2013 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 2
Wes Bucey Embarrassing confession as a cautionary tale to others After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 3
A MS Excel Font Help from ASQ, AIAG and/or Others Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 6
D Standards (ISO and others) - Which language should I use? EU Medical Device Regulations 5
C Setting Up Part Masters in ERP Systems - How are others doing it? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
F Product Standards (steel cabinet/furniture/rack & others) and Regulations Questions Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 6
G Risk Analysis - Templates of EN ISO 14971:2007 and others ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 8
Wes Bucey Job hunting for new graduates and others with no job experience Career and Occupation Discussions 9
Q Quality Program: Which could be the best for a Company? EFQM, Six Sigma, TQM, others? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 3
Sidney Vianna Thanks Given to Others in Forum Posts Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 9
B Product Identification issue - Good/NG/NC/Pending or others ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
M Macro to fill up columns when shorter then others Using Minitab Software 4
D Excel 2007 functions for calculating interest payments and others Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 2
S APQP, ANPQP, AQMPP and others ... APQP and PPAP 10
M Revision Frequency of Documents (in ISO 9001, cGMP, GMP or others)? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
P OEE - Is there a company that offers a better display than others? And how effective Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 19
T What is this UL document - Is it a Certificate or others? Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 2
Q Handling Calibration Postponement - just a note/deviation report/others? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 7
H Recommendation for a Planning tool which gives an Alarm at Specific Time & Others. Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 5
G Specific requirements of the OEMs - GM, VW, end others. IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
G AS9100 - 7.2 Contract Review - How others do Contract Review in a documented fashion Contract Review Process 6
V ISMS, ITIL, ISO and others - BS7799 is interpreted as a quality standard Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 4
I Hardcopy or electronic CAR (Corrective Action Request) form (& others)? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 18
S The theories and practices of Deming, Juran, Kaizen and several others Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 3
M Telecommunications Standard TL 9000 - Willing to Help Others TL 9000 Telecommunications Standard and QuEST 44
Atul Khandekar Shainin & Others - Views expressed about 'Quality Gurus' Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 8
D If the master print is stamped controlled, do we need to control the others? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
S Corrective Action/8D Procedure & Form - Would like to see what others are doing Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
S ISO 9001 Clause 8.2.3 - Review of the requirements for products and services in a Cafe ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
C ISO/IEC 17021-1 clause 7.1.2 - Determination of competence criteria Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
S API Spec. Q1 clause 5.6.1.2 On site evaluation Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 2
K ISO 13485 clause 8.5.2 'Any necessary CA shall be taken without undue delay' ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
L How to understand the clause 6 Planning of ISO 9001:2015 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
L How to understand the term 3.1.21 'Servicing' and the clause 5.7.1.2 'Servicing' of API Spec Q1? Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 16
earl62 IATF 16949 Clause 9.1.1.1 - What is the batch conformance to specification method? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
D Layered Process Audits - FCA 9.2.2 - Exemption Clause? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
T Single Fault Condition IEC 60601 Clause 8.7.1 shorting Cr/Cl in Patient Applied Part IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 7
J Scope of ISO 9001 clause 10.2 in the product life cycle ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
E PEMS Hazards - IEC 60601 Clause 14.6 - Internal data use - Pressure sensor IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3
S MDR GSPR Clause 17 - Software Requirements EU Medical Device Regulations 2
B IEC 60601-2-43 - Clause 203.6.103 - Physical button? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 1
K Contamination Control - Class Is medical devices (Clause 6.4.2 ISO 13485:2016 (E)) ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 12