Our local box office's habit of adding a "booking fee"

Peter Fraser

Trusted Information Resource
What grounds do I have for complaining about our local box office's habit of adding a "booking fee" (sometime 10%) to just about every ticket they sell - for concerts, plays, gigs, and anything else they advertise?

Why can they not state a price which is what you pay? Do they not realise the animosity it generates?

Does this bug anyone else when it happens to them?

A

achorste

Re: ... plus Booking Fee!

It does bug me as well - however they're well within their rights to charge whatever they want as long as it's made clear in the advertising & before the sale (i think).

It would be fun to send them a non-conformance report though - see what you get back! :D

S

somerqc

We have the same thing here too. I think it is called an Administration fee or something...usually 5-10% of the actual ticket fee. Annoying, but if you want to go you have to pay it.:(

Bifften

Involved In Discussions

Booking fees are a common evil unfortunetly.

I bought 3 tickets for Spurs v Spartak Moscow. £28 each.

There was a booking fee of £7.20.

And a postage of £1 (A 1st class stamp would cost 35p(?) )

Total price: £92.20 :mad:

Booking fees only get added at the final stage of the order too.

What can you do other than "vote with your feet" and not go?

Peter Fraser

So it is annoying, evil and common (practice)...(!)

If "customer requirements" matter, then I would expect to see the price set out very clearly, rather than having to do a calculation. And maybe we should have the right to demand a refund if the hall is too cold, or the performance starts late (or Spurs lose)?

Surely the service includes the way it is presented?

Last edited:
D

Dean Frederickson

Here in Minnesota McDonalds charges an eating in fee, I think it is ridiculous so I don't eat in at McDonalds anymore. That is what everybody has to do is quit paying the fee's as long as people continue paying these fee's people are gonna keep charging fee's. It is very simple quit doing what you are doing and the fee's will soon disappear.:cool:

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
What grounds do I have for complaining about our local box office's habit of adding a "booking fee" (sometime 10%) to just about every ticket they sell - for concerts, plays, gigs, and anything else they advertise?

Why can they not state a price which is what you pay? Do they not realise the animosity it generates?

Does this bug anyone else when it happens to them?

Complain to the local management.

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
That's another thing that bugs me - I did (in writing), and they didn't reply!

Follow-up with them. If they still don't respond elevate the complaint. There is always someone else that is at a higher level within the organization.

D

Dean Frederickson

That's another thing that bugs me - I did (in writing), and they didn't reply!

They are not going to reply, because they know you will keep paying what ever they want (fee's Included), until people quit going thru them ( the ones charging the fee's) it is supply and demand, and as long as you demand they will supply fee's and all.:(

Top Bottom