SBS - The Best Value in QMS software

Our products are Security Cabinets - FMEA & Control Plan Quality Planning help

T

tusmobil

Hello all,

I can see that here are many experienced people, so i would be more than pleased with your help.

First i would like to describe our product and current control.

Our products are
security cabinets. Our proces go from laser cutting to bending, sub -assembling and final assembly. This all parts are welded together.

Our currently control inspection is that we checked every final assembly. We have 6 workers for that. And also this workers are checking the sub - assemblies.

It has never happened that some final assembly was good. So we spending our time for repairs. So that mean that our processes arent capable.
I would like to gradually come to auto - control of workers. That everyone is responsible for wath he is doing.

We have already done the Process Flow chart. And now is the time for FMEA and Control Plan.
I have some question about FMEA and Control Plan. For example:
1. BENDING:
we have about 50 pieces which must be bended for each product.
We have 30 diferent products.
So, when we are making FMEA and analyzing bending:
must we analyzed every piece individual? Or can we just under column Potential Failure Mode say Wrong dimension and wrong angularity? Must we exactly specified which dimension are potential failure? And then prescribe control chart for that dimensions?

2. Sub - assemblies:
Worker get about 20 pieces and he must welded together this pieces. What is your expirience how to control that? That worker him self must measured critical dimension and then record them into special form?

And finaly, if we have RPN higher then 100 we must take recommended action. But what is the value of RPN for puting the potential failure mode into Control Plan?

Im looking forward for your help!

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

CarolX

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Hi tusmobil - maybe I can help a little.

Our currently control inspection is that we checked every final assembly. We have 6 workers for that. And also this workers are checking the sub - assemblies.

It has never happened that some final assembly was good. So we spending our time for repairs. So that mean that our processes arent capable.
I would like to gradually come to auto - control of workers. That everyone is responsible for wath he is doing.
First, without knowing how many parts you make, I would say you have too many people "checking" parts. I think you know this and a FMEA is a good tool to begin to identify how you can improve your process.

1. BENDING:
we have about 50 pieces which must be bended for each product.
We have 30 diferent products.
So, when we are making FMEA and analyzing bending:
must we analyzed every piece individual? Or can we just under column Potential Failure Mode say Wrong dimension and wrong angularity? Must we exactly specified which dimension are potential failure? And then prescribe control chart for that dimensions?
I would begin with the generalizations you have laid out. Identify those features that give you the most difficulty at the assembly process. For example, your angles - if you are bending to 90 degrees and your angles are drifting more than 1/2 degree, this can cause serious fit issues at assembly.

2. Sub - assemblies:
Worker get about 20 pieces and he must welded together this pieces. What is your expirience how to control that? That worker him self must measured critical dimension and then record them into special form?
Fixtures and half shears (also called shear perfs) with mating holes. Find ways to eliminate errors - remember, what can go wrong will go wrong. If you can minimize the potential for errors, you can eliminate the need for measurements. Also look at homemade gages for some of the important assembly features. Easy enough to make with a laser.

Hope this helps a bit.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L "Shelf-Life" Class I Non-Sterile Products Expiration Date? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
N Handling B-Grade Products within the QMS ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
G PPAP for Chemical Products APQP and PPAP 4
S Statistics and / or Forecasts on medical products exports from China Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 1
shimonv Frequency and sample size for lot release of EtO sterilized products EU Medical Device Regulations 2
C Value of an "inspected by" sticker on finished products Manufacturing and Related Processes 10
M Combination Products MAA in Europe Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 3
R Products not within the MDR grace period EU Medical Device Regulations 1
A Selling products with OEM certification expired EU Medical Device Regulations 0
M Pet oral care products Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 0
Q Understanding "free movement" for CE-marked products EU Medical Device Regulations 2
Judy Abbott The impact of laser power on biocompatibility of the products Manufacturing and Related Processes 6
S Determining the requirements for the products and services ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
N Is there a need for clinical test of Class IIa products (for MDR)? EU Medical Device Regulations 2
M Examples of Combination Products - MDR Article 1 (8) and MDR Article 1(9) Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 3
M Combination products - examples CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
R Compatibility studies for Combination Products - Europe Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
X ISO 17025 certification for Laboratory for online gambling products ISO 17025 related Discussions 3
A Ethics Committee Review Process for IVD Products EU Medical Device Regulations 2
K AS9100D 8.2.1 Review Requirements for Products and Services AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 14
A 8.6 Release of products and services, 8.3 Design and development - evidence required ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
P Violation of CE mark - Re-use of single-use Products CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
A Aesthetic products / indication EU Medical Device Regulations 6
M Europe GMP medical devices - Combination products - Ancillary medicinal substance CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 4
S ISO 9001 Clause 8.2.3 - Review of the requirements for products and services in a Cafe ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
K Multiple function device products EU Medical Device Regulations 0
Inggo28 Products Potentially Infected by Covid - 19 Human Factors and Ergonomics in Engineering 1
C Combination Products - Distributor of the device? EU Medical Device Regulations 7
A Can a US manufacturer put export only products on a CFG? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
D Question regarding ECO process, specifically for Life Science products and defining form fit and function ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
R DFMEA/PFMEA mitigation of high severity (9-10) in low volume products IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
shimonv FDA News FDA guidance on Multiple Function Device Products (8/2020) Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
K Biocompatibility Testing - Multile products of different sizes and shapes US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
S ISO 45001 and outsourcing the transporation of products Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 3
R IVDR CE Mark for Class A products - Declaration of Conformity CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
S IATF 16949 - Partial traceability of Aftermarket products IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
BeaBea Interesting Discussion Where Does Marketing/ Advertisement of Products fit in to ISO 9001? Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 39
J Iterative design and production for custom made products ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
Q Old products new class - Dental Devices - Choosing tests EU Medical Device Regulations 2
J Design file for pre-existing products - Inputs and Outputs ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
P Do I need to get registered or have German entity to sell IVD products in Germany? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
R Reduced sampling plan for sterial products APQP and PPAP 0
D Cleanroom Cleaning Products and Storage Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 18
J Raw material certificates - CC - Safety products - Sheet metal stamping IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
M Validation of two nearly identical products Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 5
B Unit of Use DI (Device Identifier) - Products using the same device US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
G Class IIa medical products - PMS report and PSUR EU Medical Device Regulations 6
Z 510(k) usage - Company has 2 physically similar products Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
T API Q1 - Will I be able to maintain Q1 if I have products that fall under 6A Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 5
A VDmax25 and cGMP requirements for "research use only" products Other Medical Device Related Standards 1