Our products borrow DHF documents from a previous DHF for another product

Hi everyone,

I am new to DHF documentation. One of our products borrows DHF documents from a previous DHF for another product. How do I document this in the current DHF? Can I just copy the document over into the new DHF? I am new to this. I am not sure if I am on the right track.

I will appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

shimonv

Trusted Information Resource
Hi snoopy2017,
In a nutshell, you need to demonstrate ownership and control over every document in your DHF while following your DHF procedure.

You should review each document from the previous DHF and make changes where necessary before incorporating it into the new DHF.
It might be easier to create a new document with copy/paste from older document plus additions like new product name, new risks, new specs etc.

Hope it helps. I recommend you contact a consultant to assist you with the specifics.

Cheers,
Shimon

Wolf.K

Involved In Discussions
Using old documents always includes the risk of copy&paste errors. But of course everyone uses old documents and just updates them to fit the new product... Therefore, a good way to avoid mistakes is: 1. highlight all old texts in yellow or another color and 2. have two trained/experienced people/four eyes check the new documents...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S IATF 16949 - Partial traceability of Aftermarket products IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
BeaBea Interesting Discussion Where Does Marketing/ Advertisement of Products fit in to ISO 9001? Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 35
J Iterative design and production for custom made products ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
Q Old products new class - Dental Devices - Choosing tests EU Medical Device Regulations 2
J Design file for pre-existing products - Inputs and Outputs ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
P Do I need to get registered or have German entity to sell IVD products in Germany? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
R Reduced sampling plan for sterial products APQP and PPAP 0
D Cleanroom Cleaning Products and Storage Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 18
J Raw material certificates - CC - Safety products - Sheet metal stamping IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
M Validation of two nearly identical products Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 5
B Unit of Use DI (Device Identifier) - Products using the same device US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
G Class IIa medical products - PMS report and PSUR EU Medical Device Regulations 6
Z 510(k) usage - Company has 2 physically similar products Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
T API Q1 - Will I be able to maintain Q1 if I have products that fall under 6A Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 5
A VDmax25 and cGMP requirements for "research use only" products Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
B QMS question in regards to multiple medical devices/products and N/A activities Other Medical Device Related Standards 12
H Re-labelling in IVDD - Re-label two products and package them as one CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 5
V IATF 16949 8.4.1 Control of externally provided processes, products and services - Should the CB be on our Approved Supplier List? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 10
S Similar scope medical products connected by WIFI US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
F Calibrating Gagemaker Products General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
C AS9100D -8.5.1j - Accountability For All Products Tiny Parts AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 1
M NANDO codes of products - These are not the GMDN codes, correct? EU Medical Device Regulations 4
M Informational TGA – Current status of breast implant products in Australia Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
shimonv Recall - Is there a European regulation for recalls of products EU Medical Device Regulations 3
M Informational EU – New designated Notified Body under the MDR – TÜV Rheinland LGA Products GmbH Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
A Design and development of products and services ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
S Clause 8.2.2 Determining the requirements for products and services ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
Marc Goldsmiths University will take beef products off the menu starting in September 2019 Sustainability, Green Initiatives and Ecology 19
T Product Labeling - Modified the name of one of our products EU Medical Device Regulations 5
J MDR Annex VIII, Rule 6 Classification - Implication for lower risk CV products? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 3
M Informational US FDA Final guidance – Postmarketing Safety Reporting for Combination Products Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational TGA – Advertising health products: Rules about safety claims in advertising Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational BSI – ISO 13485 and products with May 2020 deadline for MDR certification Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency Annual Report and Accounts 2018 to 2019 Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
J US Manufacturer of Export Only Exempt Products applying for CFG 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 0
S GMDN Code for Chitosan Products CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
DuncanGibbons Why is 8.4 post-delivery activities before 8.6 release of products and services in AS9100D? AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 5
O Validation approach for a Photostability Chamber (used for fluid therapy and injectable drug products) Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 1
M Informational EMA – Consultation on draft guideline on quality requirements for medical devices in combination products Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
B Grouping of Products for Risk Analysis ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 9
Q IATF 16949 certification without automotive products in "production" IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
J UDI Requirements - Products that all fall under the same family 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
M Informational EU – Medicinal products and medical devices: Coordinated approach in case of a withdrawal of the United Kingdom from the Union without a deal Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
B How to assess which directives and standards apply - Brewing and distilling products CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
M Informational USFDA – Radiological Health Regulations; Amendments to Records and Reports for Radiation Emitting Electronic Products; Amendments to Performance Stand Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
K PFMEA (Process FMEA) - Can be common for 3000 products? FMEA and Control Plans 2
A Definition of "Sensitive Products" Clause 8.5.4 (c) in AS9100 Rev. D AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 4
M FDA Guidance - general wellness products - wearables Other Medical Device Related Standards 2
Marc China - CFDA is now National Medical Products Administration or NMPA China Medical Device Regulations 7
D RUOs in IVD products Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 2