Our Registration has Lapsed - Comments?

A

Andrews

Recertification

Our QS9000 certificate is valid only upto July 2003. Due to unvaoidable reasons we have planned our recert for 2nd week of September 2003 ONLY. My question is will this time lapse affect recert audit.

FYI, we are not going in for TS16949 at this stage.

Advise requested.

D

db

I'm not sure about how it fits with your registrar, however the important question is how does it fit with your customers? Technically, you are currently not registered! Because QS registration is usually customer mandated, you must notify your customer about the lapse. I would worry less about how the lapse would affect your recertification audit, and more about how your customers will (are?) reacting.

P

p_tww

Andrews said:
Our QS9000 certificate is valid only upto July 2003. Due to unvaoidable reasons we have planned our recert for 2nd week of September 2003 ONLY. My question is will this time lapse affect recert audit.

FYI, we are not going in for TS16949 at this stage.

Advise requested.
Obviously, your certificate had been out of expiry. you could not get any audit expense benefits for 3 years re-certification. and if you still want QS9000 or any other automotive certificates, you should start a new audit cycle(from initial to surveillance to re-cert).
Consult with your registrar's comments.
Inform your customers what contingency plan needed.
hope help.

S

SteelWoman

I BELIEVE (could be wrong, wouldn't be a first occurrence) that the "grace period" on this type situation is registrar mandated. What's your registrar saying?

Top Bottom