Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.

Outsourced processes how to interact with projects - We are an governmental department with 2 persons

We are an governmental department with 2 persons only our scope "market survey, data collection and data analysis and processing these data and submit a (reports, data, recommendation for decisions)" the whole activity is outsourced to subcontractor who are working in our inside / outside premises, the subcontractor is responsible for:
1. Hire stuff (technicians - supervisor - projects Manager)
2. Operate the business from A to Z on behalf of us and under our supervision

Now i have some questions in red color and excuse me if my english is not good:
Q1. we have no more stuff we are only two persons, Are we able to use our subcontractor' stuff to have some responsibilities of QMS processes such as non-confirming output, non conformity and corrective actions, operation control, Risk and opportunities...etc., could the project manager ac as a MR?

2. - Our subcontractor managing the purchasing activities such as buy raw material and equipment from different suppliers, no suppliers interact with us directly
Q2: in this case Is the selection and evaluation of suppliers will be our responsibility or subcontractor responsibilities? i,e are we required to evaluate the suppliers, we preapre a procedure for purchasing to be used by subcontractor.

3. Also subcontractor is responsible to maintain equipment and calibrate them?
Q3; in this case, are any action required from our side regarding calibration and maintenance, we only creat an procedure to be used by the subcontractor.

4. Communication plan
Q3 is it applicable to use project manager belong to the subcontractor to act some jobs in our communication plan?

5 Outsources
Q4 in ISO 9001:2015 Are there a difference between supplier and outsourcing? i feel it is the same and same control could be applies, but with some differnce depend on nature of services provided and its risk, is am correct?

Q6 Are we providing or services?
the subcontractor is responsible for market survey, data collection and data analysis and processing these data and submit a (reports, data, recommendation for decisions) and we take these output as an input for another departments, there are a lot of clauses is dealing with product / services
1. Are we provide services or products or providing the two type ?
2. Are reports and data considered to be a products?
3. in more than caluse such as 8.1 deal with product/services, which words we can use product or services or both in our procedures ?
4. in clause 8.7 control of non-confirming also said in 4th line product or services? which word can use in procedure and form

Last edited:

John Broomfield

Staff member
Super Moderator
Focus on the work actually done by your two person organization:

1. Designing the services required resulting in a service specification​
2. Selecting potential contractors according to your own selection criteria (conformity to ISO 9001 is a basic requirement) to fulfill your service spec.​
3. Awarding the contract which includes the fully priced service spec and payment provisions, specify submittals and other deliverables.​
4. Then you’ll monitor the contractor’s management of performance and require any necessary corrective action.​
5. You’ll audit the overall system represented by your work and your contractor’s work,​
Right now your questions indicate that you’ve not been clear on the division of responsibilities of your organization (representing the customer - the government) and its contractor.

Notice that I’m saying contractor not subcontractor. Avoid taking responsibility for quality away from your contractor.

When you’re clear, on the division of responsibilities, kindly rephrase any remaining questions.

Thanks,

John

Excuse me that i can't understand well

but i will repeat my question one by one

Q6 Are we providing or services?
the subcontractor is responsible for market survey, data collection and data analysis and processing these data and submit a (reports, data, recommendation for decisions) and we take these output as an input for another departments, there are a lot of clauses is dealing with product / services
3. in more than caluse such as 8.1 deal with product/services, which words we can use product or services or both in our procedures ?
4. in clause 8.7 control of non-confirming also said in 4th line product or services? which word can use in procedure and form

John Broomfield

Staff member
Super Moderator
From your initial description it looks like you two are providing to your government a service of designing the services required of a competent contractor and then overseeing the contractor’s management of its work to fulfill your service specification.

See my 1 thru 5 in my first reply (#2).

Through your contract, the contractor (not you two) is responsible for your scope of work: "market survey, data collection and data analysis and processing these data and submit a (reports, data).

You may retain responsibility for recommendations for decisions. That depends on whichever entity is competent.

All clauses of ISO 9001 apply to your contractor, through the contract, and you may choose to extend your employer’s management system to your procurement services.

Best wishes,

John

John Broomfield

Staff member
Super Moderator
To answer your revised questions:

You are providing a procurement service and your contractor is providing a data gathering and analysis service; their reports are their products.

Products.

For your services be guided by your management system. For your contractor’s services be guided by your service specification (your product).

Nonconforming services by you two or your contractor may result in a nonconforming service spec or nonconforming reports from your contractor.

Kindly confirm the scope of work from your contract with your contractor.

Thanks,

John

Top Bottom