Pack & Ship Company - What registration? ISO 9001:2000 or ISO-TS 16949 or Other?

• Thread starter Ronald Bredeweg - 2002
  • Start date
R

Ronald Bredeweg - 2002

A good friend of mine was telling me that some of his biggest customers are requiring that his company get registered as a condition of getting new business. He has a Pack & Ship company that provides his customers with packing materials- plastic wrap, bags, boxes, etc. I told him I would do some research for him as to "What Registration Scheme" he should try to achieve, his company is pretty small but generates a good business for him and his family as well as a service to his customers how should he begin his process and what standard should he persue?
Thanks for your advice in advance.

Ron Bredeweg

Last edited by a moderator:
Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
My first question would be what does he pack and ship. Military items? medical items? Food? Nuts and bolts? Transmissions? Motors?

Much will depend upon the products he processes.

R

Ronald Bredeweg - 2002

More Information

His company is split into two areas 1. Comercial 2. Industrial Supply, they do not actually package anything, they supply packaging materials (boxes, bags, bubble wrap, shrink wrap, tape etc.) & shipping supplies(lables, tape dispensers). The Industrial Supply portion of the business is where the certification is required. He is a minoritysupplier and that's his in with his customers that supply the big three.

Ron

J
If he supplies to comapanies that deal with the Big 3, then he is probably looking at ISO-9000-2000 QS-9000 or ISO-TS 16949.
Being a second tier supplier allows him to use ISO-9K-2K according to the July interpretations of QS-9000, and I suspect this would carry over into TS.

How large is his company?
How many employees?
Do they do any manufacturing?
If not then large portions of the standards will be n/a for him although auditing and supplier development will be a significant area to look at.

Recommendation? I have two.
First. Look at ISO-9K 2K. It would be less involved than either QS or TS.
Second. Send him this site and let him browse around here.
:thedeal:

James

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Article 22 Procedure Pack Labelling EU Medical Device Regulations 4
M Example of statement for procedure pack MDR Article 22? Elsmar Cove Forum Suggestions, Complaints, Problems and Bug Reports 0
D How to list multi-product sample pack in GUDID 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
K EU MDR Art. 22 - Device + insertion pack - User manual and Labeling EU Medical Device Regulations 4
R Real Example of a currently marketed Procedure Pack CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
F IEC 62133 cell vs. Battery Pack - Certification on the cell only IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 1
S Labeling requirements for procedure pack 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 0
B Procedure Pack - KIT - Each has its own CE Mark CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 6
C What is the best ISO 22000 template pack to purchase? Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 2
A FMEA training pack example wanted FMEA and Control Plans 4
J Counting Bolts & Nuts to Pack - Each quantity is NOT fixed Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 5
W Engineers signing off the back of the Route Pack Card AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
S How to make pack bolts and nuts kits with right amount Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 3
J Medical Device Procedure Pack IFU's (Instructions for Use) ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
Q Receiving Inspection - Quantity Received different from Pack List & C of C AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
B SQC Pack Software Question Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1
G Double Blister Pack for an Implantable Device Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 1
M Tyvek Blister Pack Testing Requirements - ISO 11607 Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 7
B Can somebody tell me about Lithium Ion Battery pack related standards Other Medical Device Related Standards 4
P ISO 9001 and flat pack 'New Company' (Two companies merging) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
N Seek Battery Pack (Lithium or Ni-MN) Production Flow Chart for Vehicle Application Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
S Does Windows Service Pack (SP-3) upgrade need supplementary 510(k) submission?? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 6
J Dog Pack Attacks Crocodile In Northern Territory, Australia Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 5
Jen Kirley Man is charged $23 quadrillion for a pack of cigarettes Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 5
L Serial Number labeling for Class IIa Medical device packaged in multi-pack EU Medical Device Regulations 2
V Letter of Guarantee - EN 12546-3 (Mechanical & Physical testing on an ice pack) Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 7
sardonyx Where can I buy TS7-K Supplier Quality Requirements QS 7 Pack? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
Ron Rompen Minitab for Dummies? How to use the Minitab capability 6-pack Using Minitab Software 1
L Help needed creating a 5 S pack detailing the 5 S principal Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 2
H Launch Readiness Review - Ford's LRR Supplier Pack Customer and Company Specific Requirements 3
U Dock Audits - Isn't waiting to do an audit when the product is "supposed" to ship a little late? Manufacturing and Related Processes 12
B Short term vs Long term Capability - We ship millions of parts in a year Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 7
W Am I allowed to ship parts without FAI approval from the customer? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
L Can I ship Demo Units to the UAE if we are not Approved? Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 2
M How they build the largest ship Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 0
P When do parts have to be released? When we accept order, buy from CM or when we ship? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
dubrizo Drop Ship Authorization Requirements - Clause 6.3 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
J Requirements to Ship Medical Devices to the EU - IEC 60601-1 3rd. Ed. IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 4
S Validity of "Ship to Control" - Do you endorse this approach? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 15
C ISO17020 Required to ship disposable "coveralls/overgarments" into Egypt General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
1 Stop Ship/Build or something like a Quality Alert template or procedure example Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
B Is Ship Test considered Design Verification or Design Validation? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
E Top Management wants to ship nonconforming goods Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 18
Marc UPS to Require Photo IDs to Ship Packages World News 4
Marc Nearly 4,500 Stranded on Cruise Ship off the Coast of Mexico World News 13
B Medical Device no CE mark ship to US Base in Europe EU Medical Device Regulations 2
B Get design from outside. Is it an outsourced process? Ship Building ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
S Sterile Product Ship Testing (Medical Device Packaging) EU Medical Device Regulations 3
A Customer Supplied Product & Certifications - Drop Ship - FDA and ISO 13485 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
E Material Review Board - We will get FAA Direct Ship Authority Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 4