Packaging Specifications Mercedes-Benz U.S. International

Hello Collegues,
Does somebody know/meet DAG/MBUSI requirement?
Document Number: SCGPA10
Created by: Logistics Packaging Department

XVI. TOTAL PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE (TPM)
• All suppliers are to submit yearly and upon any changes made, a Total Preventative Maintenance (TPM)
Procedure outlining what is being done to ensure all totes, bulk bins, trays, and racks are in good condition
prior to shipment of parts to MBUSI. The TPM Procedure SHOULD describe how to identify that a package
has been TPM’d and the schedule for TPMs. The TPM Procedures SHOULD be emailed to
MBUSIPackaging @ daimler.com.
• The supplier is also to provide monthly reporting of TPM activity, which documents that all packaging is being TPM’d on a set schedule. This report is due on the first (1st ) workday of each month for prior months activity by no later than the 10th calendar day of each month for the prior months activity. (Reference Document SCGPA17, MBUSI Monthly TPM Report Template (Prior BR67), SCGPA25, MBUSI Monthly TPM Report Template (BR167 forward.)

Hello Collegues,

• All suppliers are to submit yearly and upon any changes made, a Total Preventative Maintenance (TPM)
Procedure outlining what is being done to ensure all totes, bulk bins, trays, and racks are in good condition
prior to shipment of parts to MBUSI. The TPM Procedure SHOULD describe how to identify that a package
has been TPM’d and the schedule for TPMs. The TPM Procedures SHOULD be emailed to
• The supplier is also to provide monthly reporting of TPM activity, which documents that all packaging is being TPM’d on a set schedule. This report is due on the first (1st ) workday of each month for prior months activity by no later than the 10th calendar day of each month for the prior months activity. (Reference Document SCGPA17, MBUSI Monthly TPM Report Template (Prior BR67), SCGPA25, MBUSI Monthly TPM Report Template (BR167 forward.)
Hello Collegues,

My company had not heard of this until this past week....we have received chargeback invoices billing us for failing to comply with filing a monthly TPM. I tried to have charges reversed allowing us time to create a procedure in order to comply. They refused....stating this was in the Supplier Packaging Specifications and we were made aware when we received the manual.

My company had not heard of this until this past week....we have received chargeback invoices billing us for failing to comply with filing a monthly TPM. I tried to have charges reversed allowing us time to create a procedure in order to comply. They refused....stating this was in the Supplier Packaging Specifications and we were made aware when we received the manual.
We have solved this issue, but is not possible dispute the chargebacks, I have the MB manual and templates, if you provide mail adress I could send you the info that we made to comply

Last edited:
I have the manual and templates. My issue is that we have been shipping parts to Daimler for nearly one year...we were not aware this was required....they should have noticed in the beginning that we were failing to submit this report and at least let us know so that it could be addressed internally. Instead, nearly one year after the fact they begin billing us with no advance notice whatsoever.

Is this new to you as well? How long have you been a supplier? Have you just recently been asked to submit this report?

I have the manual and templates. My issue is that we have been shipping parts to Daimler for nearly one year...we were not aware this was required....they should have noticed in the beginning that we were failing to submit this report and at least let us know so that it could be addressed internally. Instead, nearly one year after the fact they begin billing us with no advance notice whatsoever.

Is this new to you as well? How long have you been a supplier? Have you just recently been asked to submit this report?
Understood.... Yes, we are supplier for more than 1year, and our process is from Germany and they never request this to them....
we are in the same situation with chargebacks and new for us.... 2 week ago we receive the notification to comply and chargeback corresponding to 6 months...
FYI, the same requirement to printers... we are still investigating

PARTS IDENTIFICATION LABEL – BARCODE STANDARDS
MERCEDES-BENZ U.S. INTERNATIONAL, INC.

TOTAL PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE (TPM) LABEL PRINTER
Every label printer SHALL be maintained monthly to ensure that barcodes are scannable and label information is clearly centered on the label. Label Printer TPM reports are due to be submitted to MBUSI Packaging Group.
 The supplier is also to provide monthly reporting of TPM activity, which documents that all label printers are being TPM’d on a set schedule. This report is due on the first (1st ) workday of each month for prior months activity.
Non submittal of monthly report showing regularly scheduled TPMs $500.00 per month charbeback

Last edited:

Top Bottom