Page Titles in the forum - October 2014

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
L

lfrost

I too, am liking the new page titles! It really makes it easier to know what conversation you are participating in.:applause::applause::agree1::agree1:

Marc, thanks for your efforts to improve the forum!

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
Re: Page Titles

vB never had H1 tags built in. Check around the internet. I did and didn't find any vB forums with them, but I did find a way to put them in (obviously). I just thought I'd try them out. At this stage of the game I doubt they'll do any good. Not to mention Google is clobbering Elsmar again. See: http://searchengineland.com/google-penguin-refresh-may-come-early-next-week-204891 - It has already started.

Marc

Staff member
Admin

They were not <h1>s before?
I take that back. I have found a few, and the now extinct vBSEO may have done h1 tags.

One I found was
Code:
<h1 id="headertag">The Official vBulletin Modifications Site.</h1>
but vB.org is still running a highly modified vB 3.8.7, I think.

Michael_M

Trusted Information Resource

Google says it will be a delight to both webmasters and users? If there were truth in advertising we may see something like:

Google has announced a new Penguin search algorithm. This algorithm will promote those websites that pay to be in the Google advertisements and any other website that random people within Google like.

The new Penguin search results will order the pages by 3 factors. 1. How much money Google makes from the specific website (in advertising dollars) will always be ranked highest; 2. Any website that talks about Google in any negative fashion will automatically be listed as last (or just never found); and 3. Specific individuals, who shall remain unnamed, within Google organization can add rank flavor to a few websites.

We here at Google are looking for our shareholders and if you wish to make your website successful with Google search features, be sure to pay us insane amounts of money and we will think about letting the little people (peons) see you.

Have a Google day.

Marc

Staff member
Admin

Essentially, true (at least #1), but Google obviously denies it.

These days I watch what Google is doing here: http://searchengineland.com/

There are a lot of complaints about how Google ranks sites, especially big corporate sites like Ask.com, About.com and others like it where they pay people to write hundreds of articles every day. It's big business. ISixsigma does some of the same stuff, but on a much smaller scale. I could do the same here it I had the money.

But - That is part of the point here at Elsmar. A small "Mom & Pop" site, but there is a lot of good information from people who are active in the field. Good stuff, written by people who care, which is one of the reasons I have been "featuring" Miner's blog for a number of months now. My Thanks to Miner for taking the time to make that blog. It's a gem.

Some of you will also probably remember when I did pay for some "articles" here. See: Registered Visitor Articles Archive

I wouldn't mind doing it again if you folks want me to. It's not an SEO thing or something that's going to have an effect on search rankings, but I do want good content here.

Just some thoughts. :2cents:

Marc

Staff member
Admin
Just in case this is part of the recent problem I am removing the "H1" tags I placed in September. I don't THINK it is the problem, but....

Marc

Staff member
Admin
After a thorough review, I am changing back to the changes I made last month. I'll explain why in the "What to Do" thread.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Is it required to put"Rx only" on the home page of an app? Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 4
S EN 300 328 V2.2.1 page 73 - Receiver Blocking CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
S IFU on web page - Consequences if the most recent one is not uploaded EU Medical Device Regulations 3
J AIAG PPAP: 2.2.11.3 Acceptance Criteria for Initial Study (page 9, 4th edition) APQP and PPAP 1
Marc Latest Posts in Right Sidebar on the Forum Listing Home Page Forum News and General Information 6
L Page Numbering requirement for DHR Report Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 3
smryan Excel Printing Glitch - How to STOP Printing One Cell per Page Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 10
T Printing a single Page from a Quality Manual Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
D Anyone Practicing Approval Signatures on Every Page of a Doc? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
R ERAI - Counterfeit Component Database (Listed on page 39 of AS5553A) AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 3
B Gage R&R Criteria on page 78 MSA Reference Manual Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 10
W The 2nd printing of the AWS D17.1 2010 which was 2011 - Page missing? Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 3
B MSA 4th edition reference manual - Page 120-121 Clarification Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
A Do controlled documents require a signature on every page as per 21 CFR 820.40? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
X Responsibilities Highlighted on the First Page of a Procedure ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
D Are signatures required on every page of a controlled document? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 33
C How to achieve Page Ownership with a Wiki Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
P ISO 9001:2008 - I'm missing page 3 in my copy ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
T Shewhart Control Chart - ISO/TS 13530:2009(E), Page 22. General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
P New Renault CSRs (Customer Specific Requirements) on IATF page Customer and Company Specific Requirements 4
M Product Quality Planning Resposibility Matrix (APQP manual page 2) APQP and PPAP 3
B IEC 60601-1 3rd Edition adoption - I cant find this standard on the ISO page Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 9
Marc 6 August 1991 - First page on the World Wide Web publicly available After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 0
N Gauge Performance Curve - MSA Manual Page 181 (4th Edtion) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
N Must you Sign on every Page of A Calibration Report General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
Rameshwar25 MSA Manual 4th Edition, Page 100 - What is wrong in the Linearity graph? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 8
M Cp calculation on page 193 of the MSA 3rd edition May 2003 with %GRR Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
T Bias Study - Use of 't' statistic - Page 88 item 8 of v4 of the MSA manual Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 7
B Employees not owning their 40 page Routers/Travelers AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 26
P News from IATF page - New SI and FAQ for Rules ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 0
M Anova confidence intervals calculation - MSA 3rd edition page 122 Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1
P The 2 Page AS9100 Quality Manual Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 20
E Gage Run Chart Analysis - Page 105 MSA manual 3th edition Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
E Bias Study - How can I calculate significant 't' value? Page 87-90 of MSA manual Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 18
O Problems calculating the observed CP - Page 19, AIAG MSA manual 3rd edition Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
Q Suggestions on what to put on an Employee ISO 9001 Intranet page ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
Marc Google's Klingon (and other languages) Search Page After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 5
P Please comment on revision status of document on a per page basis Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 25
ScottK Make sure to read the en.Wikipedia home page today After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 0
Hershal Social groups...... See link at the top of the page Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 1
J Quality Manual Review and Approval - For each & every page? Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 12
D Peugeot-Citroen PPAP - Version for editing a page in English PPAP for PSA Customer and Company Specific Requirements 4
W 510(k) submission - Questions about page 2 of form 3654 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
S How to calculate Bias - MSA Third Edition book on page 85 to 88 Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
F Linearity Analysis - MSA 3rd edition, March 2002 page 93 formulas Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
Ajit Basrur The new FDA internet home page - March 2008 US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 4
J Does ISO require that documents/procedures have a page/list of revision histories? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 10
I AEC Q200 REV C, page 58 of 111, Appendix 2 - PPAP Table Explaination Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 2
ScottK 2007 ASQ (American Society for Quality) Salary Survey - Figure 1 on page 31 Career and Occupation Discussions 7
BradM A Web Page with Common Internet Web Site Links as Icons After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 0