Page Titles in the forum - October 2014

L

lfrost

I too, am liking the new page titles! It really makes it easier to know what conversation you are participating in.:applause::applause::agree1::agree1:

Marc, thanks for your efforts to improve the forum!

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Re: Page Titles

They were not <h1>s before?

I take that back. I have found a few, and the now extinct vBSEO may have done h1 tags.

One I found was
Code:
<h1 id="headertag">The Official vBulletin Modifications Site.</h1>
but vB.org is still running a highly modified vB 3.8.7, I think.

Michael_M

Trusted Information Resource

Google says it will be a delight to both webmasters and users? If there were truth in advertising we may see something like:

Google has announced a new Penguin search algorithm. This algorithm will promote those websites that pay to be in the Google advertisements and any other website that random people within Google like.

The new Penguin search results will order the pages by 3 factors. 1. How much money Google makes from the specific website (in advertising dollars) will always be ranked highest; 2. Any website that talks about Google in any negative fashion will automatically be listed as last (or just never found); and 3. Specific individuals, who shall remain unnamed, within Google organization can add rank flavor to a few websites.

We here at Google are looking for our shareholders and if you wish to make your website successful with Google search features, be sure to pay us insane amounts of money and we will think about letting the little people (peons) see you.

Have a Google day.

Marc

Leader

Essentially, true (at least #1), but Google obviously denies it.

These days I watch what Google is doing here: http://searchengineland.com/

There are a lot of complaints about how Google ranks sites, especially big corporate sites like Ask.com, About.com and others like it where they pay people to write hundreds of articles every day. It's big business. ISixsigma does some of the same stuff, but on a much smaller scale. I could do the same here it I had the money.

But - That is part of the point here at Elsmar. A small "Mom & Pop" site, but there is a lot of good information from people who are active in the field. Good stuff, written by people who care, which is one of the reasons I have been "featuring" Miner's blog for a number of months now. My Thanks to Miner for taking the time to make that blog. It's a gem.

Some of you will also probably remember when I did pay for some "articles" here. See: Registered Visitor Articles Archive

I wouldn't mind doing it again if you folks want me to. It's not an SEO thing or something that's going to have an effect on search rankings, but I do want good content here.

Just some thoughts. :2cents:

Marc

Leader
Just in case this is part of the recent problem I am removing the "H1" tags I placed in September. I don't THINK it is the problem, but....

Marc

Leader
After a thorough review, I am changing back to the changes I made last month. I'll explain why in the "What to Do" thread.

Top Bottom