Paint shop vs PPAP requirements

Piotrekole

Registered
Dear Colleagues,
from few days I'm figting with our suppliers regarding to PPAP requirements, that's why I'd like to ask you for support.

We are a paint shops - for automotive industry - wet, powder and electrophoretic (KTL).
Our paintshops are IATF Certified, but our suppliers (mainly) not.

We're buing:
- wet paits
- hardeners
- powder paint
- thinner
- spray's (for rework)
- undercoat, etc
in general - chemistry.

Our certification body required to have PPAPs for all higher mentioned chemistry.
How you work with chemistry suppliers? They are able to send you fully PPAP?
What are your requirements? How to interprate IATF requirements regarding to this issue?

I'll be grateful for any help and good advice.
I know tht generally this issue is "simple" but when I start to discuss with the chemical companies - They are very negative and I'm wondering what goes wrong...

Best regards
Piotr

Golfman25

Trusted Information Resource
Many suppliers will have a very negative reaction to automotive PPAP requirements. I myself would rather stick pins in my eyes. You'll need to figure out how to diplomatically work with your suppliers to get the PPAP from them. Try to make it as easy and painless as possible. Good luck.

Rameshwar25

Quite Involved in Discussions
if they are making these products only for you as per your specifications, they need to provide PPAP documents.
If they are making general items, with any brand name, not specifically for you but for open market, you may leave them.

Last edited:

eule del ayre

Involved In Discussions
Our certification body required to have PPAPs for all higher mentioned chemistry.
How you work with chemistry suppliers? They are able to send you fully PPAP?
What are your requirements? How to interprate IATF requirements regarding to this issue?

You should ask first for their documents, like the drawing of the painted parts, specifications, and etc..
for painting only, i attached a file for what your customer be needing/requirements.

Attachments

• PPAP level.png
    PPAP level.png
    10.1 KB · Views: 686

AgnieszkaSz

Involved In Discussions
Have you considering limiting your PPAP level? Can such downgrade be justified (i.e. standard product, no or few complaints)? In hardest cases, your SQA will have to help the supplier (although the PSW is no rocket science).

Top Bottom