Pandora Radio - streaming *your* music

Tim Folkerts

Super Moderator
There is a website I recently discovered at pandora.com

You can create your own "radio station" to hear the music you like. At the simplest level, you type in a favorite artist or song, and the site creates a unique playlist based on that choice. For instance, I started with "James Taylor" it is has recently played America, Bob Seger, Paul Simon, and Stevie Nicks (as well as Jame Taylor).

You can customize the list, but so far I haven't felt the need. For example, you can give a thumbs up or thumbs down to particular songs. You do need to register, but there does not seem to be an advertising.

Tim Folkerts

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

ScottK

Not out of the crisis
Staff member
Super Moderator
I love Pandora - I've got stations set up based on 80's New Wave, Industrial music, punk, rockabilly, and electronic/big beat.

And there is no streaming advertising - the advertising is done in the player window.
I used to use Yahoo's music player but got annoyed with an ad every 5 songs.

J

Jimmy the Brit

I love Pandora - I've got stations set up based on 80's New Wave, Industrial music, punk, rockabilly, and electronic/big beat.

And there is no streaming advertising - the advertising is done in the player window.
I used to use Yahoo's music player but got annoyed with an ad every 5 songs.
I agree, Pandora is great - the more you use it the more tailored it becomes to your preferences. I have learnt about several new bands through it, for which I am very grateful - it means I don't have to listen to the advertisement-packed horror that is British commercial radio.

Jim

K

Kwilson

I too, love pandora, but our I.T. gestapo here at work have recently blocked it. I'm not too happy about that, but I still use it at home.

errhine

Involved - Posts
That's the excuse my IT uses. Not the fact that the System was set up for 20 computers in the 80's and never upgraded.....

Randy

Super Moderator
That's neat, I'll have to check it out.

Right now I'm listening to some early "Prince" - When the Doves Cry. I just got finished with Purple Rain, Red Corvette, 1999 and some of my other favorites of his (Believe it or not)

I like "my" music and it ranges from some of the Vivaldi, Albioni and of course Amadaus to Prince, Kiss, Black Sabbath, Beach Boys, Temptations, Jan & Dean, Turtles, Eagles, Carpenters, Doors, Marvin Gaye, and the olther great stuff from the 50's - 70's and early 80's. I can't leave out Andrew Lloyd Webber, John Williams, Randy Edelman, Hans Zimmer, James Horner, Kitaro, Vangelis and othe great tunes and writers.

I'll check Pandora out.

Thanks.

J

Jimmy the Brit

I like "my" music and it ranges from some of the Vivaldi, Albioni and of course Amadaus to Prince, Kiss, Black Sabbath, Beach Boys, Temptations, Jan & Dean, Turtles, Eagles, Carpenters, Doors, Marvin Gaye, and the olther great stuff from the 50's - 70's and early 80's. I can't leave out Andrew Lloyd Webber, John Williams, Randy Edelman, Hans Zimmer, James Horner, Kitaro, Vangelis and othe great tunes and writers.
I would love see Pandora try to adapt to your eclectic tastes - the ultimate challenge!!:lol:

Randy

Super Moderator
I love most music because I am not musical. I'm not a real fan of Country-Western (some, but not a lot). A good friend on mine turned me on to Middle Eastern/Arabic many years ago. Mike (Muhammed Abdin) was a Palastinian who imigrated to the US in the early 50's from Jerusalem. Mike always had "his" music playing in his jewelry store and in his car. It was lively and fun to listen to and though I didn't understand it I found that I liked it. Mike's gone now, but I still have a couple of cassettes he gave me.

Kales Veggie

People: The Vital Few
Kewl beans. I have to try this.

Long nights in the lonely hotel. Presidential primaries getting ugly. Tired of reruns on TV. I am looking forward to listening to some good classical music and good symphonic rock.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Pandora's box - OPENS Customer Complaints 7
W Pandora Music - Music Genome Project After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 1
O Radio modular approval in Brazil Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
O Radio Modular approval in China China Medical Device Regulations 0
M RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) Registration in Europe and in MENA countries EU Medical Device Regulations 1
F Is EMC + Radio Re-Test Required? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 1
Q RFID (radio frequency identification) registration for Medical Device Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 6
Marc Definition RED = Radio Equipment Directive Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 0
T Testing bluetooth medical devices against Japan Radio Law requirements Japan Medical Device Regulations 2
R IEC 62304 - Medical Device Wi-Fi Radio Requirements IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 5
M Global Radio Frequency Regulations for Medical Devices Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 3
M Radio Directive question about Wireless Device to Device Communication CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 5
T GPRS (General Packet Radio Service) and EMC IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
R Is FCC required for Medical Equipment without Radio Frequency Energy? Other US Medical Device Regulations 5
Marc Tour of Manhattan from a Radio Controlled (RC) Plane Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 4
Jim Wynne Tech Guy Radio: Woman Wants Help in Getting Her Stolen Internet Connection Back After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 2
J Re: Review my ISO 9001:2000 Quality Manual - Radio Broadcaster (Latvia) Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 15
Marc Radio Controlled Airplanes Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 0
ScottK Save Internet Radio After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 25
A Radio & Telecommunications Terminal Equipment Directive 1999/5/EC CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 5
Marc Broadcast Radio Turns 100 World News 0
Wes Bucey RFID (radio frequency identification) Tags - Inventory and WIP Tracking Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 19
S Do you use audio-visual streaming during FDA inspection? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 3
Marc Deep-sea streaming: 500-mile NEPTUNE cabling brings Internet to the ocean floor After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 0
SteelMaiden Netflix and Wii - Streaming Netflix After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 6
Marc Free Streaming Music - Choose the songs you want After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 8
Sidney Vianna IAOB using video streaming for communicating with CB's ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 0
Marc The End of the Internet? Will we pay for email, video streaming, etc? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 5
Marc Streaming Audio on the Internet - 10 Years Old - Real Audio After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 0