Paperless Quality Control and Communication Systems

L

luksha

Maybe in close future I will have to implemet ISO 9001:2000 system in one very small company (workforce of 5) which has no production, they are just dealers.

So we talked and got to decision that they need paperless ISO / communication system.

I have two choices - 1) to programm completely new, web based (PHP, SQL) system (I have one good programmer) 2) or to use some kind of ready system.

So what are the cons / pros for each system?
What is Your experience on communications systems like "MS Sharepoint" with ISO system? What other communication systems You can suggest?

Normunds

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

bpritts

Involved - Posts
luksha,

For a 5 person distributor I would look very hard for an existing
software designed for distributor operations. I would think that the
payback for a custom designed system would be very difficult to
justify. Unfortunately I cannot recommend any specific systems, but
if you look in trade magazines for the industry you will probably see
some advertised.

Most general purpose distributor systems would then need some work
instructions as well to meet ISO requirements; these could be put in
Microsoft Word or other simple program.

Best of luck

Brad

I have to agree with Brad. Do try to find an off the shelf solution. No matter how good your programmer is it will take time and effort. A homegrown application may be tempting, but I cannot see how it could be worthwhile.

I use a couple of home made applications. They work well enough, I'm downright proud of them and they are now indespensable, but I put them together only because what I wanted could not be bought at the time.

As a rule I strongly advice people to look hard for something to buy when this question comes up. If you find nothing, look again... Then if you still don't find anything, you can start thinking about putting an application of your own together.

/Claes

D

D.Scott

Just to clarify what is needed -

Luksha, are you saying the company you work for wants a paperless system for their own internal use or are you looking for paperless communication with external customers?
It doesn't seem logical that such a small company would burden themselves with a sophisticated system when the requirements could be met much more easily and less expensively.

Dave

M

mshell

You can use Microsoft Frontpage to create an intranet and link to the existing documents(you can link to any file type). This would allow for the use of interactive electronic forms created in word, excel, adobe, etc. These forms could be sent via e-mail. It is an inexpensive fix and the software is fairly easy to use.

I hope this helps.

It can be done

utilizing exsisting email, word, excel, hyperlinks & a shared drive, and the shared drive may not be needed.

Just what mshell said.

L

luksha

Well, thanks for replies, but the situation is that I still don't know anything particulary about this enterprise. I just know the history - the company had workforce of 30 office workers, now it is divided into two companies, one of which must be sertified for ISO, it has workforce of 5, and the director said that they need paperless office system.
Actualy I will have meeting with director after two days, so then I will get to know the details.
Then I'll ask questions, if I'll have any :), but surely I will have a lot of questions :)

I guess it will be enough if the system will be on local intranet in excel/word e.t.c.

Normunds

G

Greg B

luksha said:
Well, thanks for replies, but the situation is that I still don't know anything particulary about this enterprise. I just know the history - the company had workforce of 30 office workers, now it is divided into two companies, one of which must be sertified for ISO, it has workforce of 5, and the director said that they need paperless office system.
Actualy I will have meeting with director after two days, so then I will get to know the details.
Then I'll ask questions, if I'll have any :), but surely I will have a lot of questions :)

I guess it will be enough if the system will be on local intranet in excel/word e.t.c.
Luksha,

Please go to a http://Elsmar.com/Forums/showthread.php?p=52059.

My company has been using this system for about a year and are very happy with it.

Please take the time to read the post before going to the site at http://dms.markuswestphal.de/about.html

I hope this helps

Greg B

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Interested in Interviewing Quality Managers for a Paperless Project Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 9
K Paperless Web Based Quality System Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 11
W Job Card/Router sign off - Want to go paperless AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
S Suggestions for a 100% Paperless Manufacturing Shop Floor Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 10
S Paperless Temperature Recorder for Temperature Surveys on Heat Treatment Ovens General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
F Paperless Procedures - Does ISO 9001 Require Paper Documents? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 37
D Electronic Paperless Documentation Software Discussion Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 10
C Paperless Electronic Documents and Records - Softcopy to Electronic Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 8
K Paperless Electronic Records in a Machine Shop Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 8
A Paperless Compliance - Planning to set up an ISO 13485 compliant QMS ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
W Paperless Document Control System - Recommendations needed Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 14
C Implementing Paperless for small IT Staffing Firm <10 Employees ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
M Moving from physical signatures to a paperless QMS - Process and approval sign offs ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 20
K Stamp Requirements for Paperless Traveler AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
kmyers Question about paperless signature - Electronic signatures in outlook emails ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
R Paperless Chart Recorder to Monitor Oven Cycle Temperatures Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
errhine Paperless office software - Electronicly sign process documentation with FAA approval Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Standards and Requirements 7
ScottK Bills: what's the benefit to me of going paperless Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 5
N Hotel comment cards go paperless - Are any of you a Hilton or Marriot guest? Travel - Hotels, Motels, Planes and Trains 14
S Validation Protocol for a paperless system? Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 6
R Electronic Storage of Documents - Paperless System Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 7
M Moving to a Paperless Electronic Documentation System - Seeking Ideas Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 45
K Paperless Corrective Actions - Sign Offs for Responsibilities such as Verification Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 32
A Transition to Electronic Paperless System - How is Record Retention Addressed Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 11
J Paperless Systems - How to implement most effectively? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 25
R Implementing a Paperless Documentation, Forms and Records System Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 6
M Paperless Systems - Software to become Paperless - Seeking Reviews and Opinions Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 60
M Paperless Electronic Document and Records Systems Software Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 19
R How would you work without a quality management system? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
P Conformity assessment based on a quality management system or production quality assurance EU Medical Device Regulations 0
H Updating Quality Manual to API Q1 Service Industry Specific Topics 4
R Electrical contractor Project Quality Management Plan Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 1
D Supplier Quality - How to classify a supplier level Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 7
R China Quality Certification Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 1
S Quality management system (Well head installation & maintenance) Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 5
V Quality review Meeting with Customer for complaints we received Customer Complaints 6
F Supplier Quality Assurance Job Openings - 8/2020 Job Openings, Consulting and Employment Opportunities 0
G Copy of withdrawn ISO 9001:1994 Quality Management Standard ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
C Quality, efficiency and effectiveness of daily work routines Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 4
P How to develop executable quality management system for rookies? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 10
Q Quality Technician (calibration / metrology) - Memphis, TN Job Openings, Consulting and Employment Opportunities 1
M Requirement to manufacture under a quality management system EU Medical Device Regulations 4
G Need to change KPI we called NC parts (maximum 3%.) to FTQ (first time quality) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
Ajit Basrur FDA News Harmonizing and Modernizing Regulation of Medical Device Quality Systems (7-2020) US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
DuncanGibbons Should the requirements FAA/EASA Part 21 be addressed within the QMS and AS9100D quality manual? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
J Interview with Director of Quality Career and Occupation Discussions 18
A IATF 16949 4.3.1 - Determining the scope of the quality management system - supplemental IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
B Quality manual for automotive industry wanted Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 2
M Quality management certification required by Health Canada Canada Medical Device Regulations 3
A Building up a global quality management system ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2