Pareto vote - Could someone explain the pareto vote process?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Kevin Mader

One of THE Original Covers!
Staff member
Admin
The Pareto Principle is the categorization tool to determine the vital few factors over the trivial many. In this application (voting), I am assuming the classification as Energy has stated. Yes of No. Perhaps 'Abstain' needs counting too. Basically, you will develop a multicolumn graphical presentation (a histogram) based on the number of bins you create.

D

David Mullins

Dickie,
Never heard of the pareto vote process.

If you want to know about pareto charts, the 80/20 rule, it's statistical origins etc, then please ask away.

If you want to know about voting processes that can be used in "quality" generally, then ask away.

From a decision point of view Pareto operates like Kev said. It tells you what the big chunks are that will give you the biggest bang if you fix 'em (problem solving application - it can be used in many ways, depending on what you're after).

------------------

D

DICKIE

From what I can gather the pareto vote has something to do with organizing the information from a brainstorm where participants vote for the ideas. The frequency of the votes results in a pareto diagram. My question is how are the votes cast

Kevin Mader

One of THE Original Covers!
Staff member
Admin
I see.

Typically, each member is given an abitrary number of votes (generally limited to three) where they can cast their vote for the best suggestion given during 'brainstorming' or for top causes during 'cause & effect'. The tally of votes determines the vital few over the trivial many and targets them for first action.

Regards,

Kevin

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V Pareto Analysis - Six Sigma - 'Productivity Improvement' project Service Industry Specific Topics 1
A How to Subset Pareto Cause in JMP using JSL Software Quality Assurance 4
B Understanding the attached sample Pareto Chart for Customer Complaint Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 20
M Minitab Pareto Chart Text Adjustment Using Minitab Software 10
M Definition Pareto Analysis (80/20 rule) - Definition of Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 10
K Pareto Analysis for Common Defects - To pareto or not to pareto Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 9
L Pareto question Microsoft Excel Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 6
S Getting the Right Things Done - A useful way to apply Pareto analysis The Reading Room 1
J How to connect FMEA, Control Plan, G8d, 5Whys and Draw the pareto Nonconformance and Corrective Action 0
V Minitab Pareto - Trying to plot a relation of Count and Cycle Time Using Minitab Software 5
J How to use CNX? Pareto-Ishikawa-CNX-SOP analysis - PF/CE/CNX/SOP Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 5
A Does anyone actually do a Pareto of the Top 5 (highest) RPN's of PFMEA? FMEA and Control Plans 8
P Pareto Charts - Analytical tools - Form Attached Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 5
W Sorting in Microsoft Excel .xls - I want to create a Pareto Chart Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 21
Q The Pareto Principle - Organizational Change Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 10
L Management Review Minutes and Pareto Charts Management Review Meetings and related Processes 10
J Vital few or highest pareto? Which issue should be the priority? Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 45
N What does a Pareto chart tell me that a pie chart doesn't? Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 12
V Free Quality Tools for drawing Ishikawa Diagram, Pareto Diagram, Histogram, etc. Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 7
V Seeking: Free Quality Tools - Ishikawa diagram, Pareto diagram, histogram, etc. Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 5
dgrainger Informational Parliament to vote on postponing new requirements for medical devices -17th April Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 1
John Broomfield Informational Upcoming vote on the kilogram - November 2018 General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
M MDCG: industry is not part of and does not vote EU Medical Device Regulations 0
K Please vote: term for an inspection plan for a family of parts Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
Wes Bucey ASQ (American Society for Quality) By-Laws Changes - How did you vote? ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 15
C IEC60601-1 3rd edition +ve vote - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Requirements IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 6
T New Standard - Qs 4?? TS16949 will not pass the vote for a standard IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 12
S FDIS 14001 & 14004 has been issued by the ISO/CS on August 12, 2004 for a vote ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 1
Marc May 2004 Articles Poll (Vote) Thread Registered Visitor Articles Archive 12
Marc Poll Types: Blind vs. Open - Article Vote/Poll Thread Registered Visitor Articles Archive 7
S DIS ISO 14001 Vote and TC207 SC1 Meeting 1-3 March 2004 (Paris) ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 23
B The 25-04-2000 Vote - Did the vote about DIS ISO 9001:2000 obtained 75% of yes? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
Marc Will the US Vote No? US TAG contingent on the fence ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
M Can someone share a scrubbed version of Clinical Evaluation Plan (CEP) EU Medical Device Regulations 4
I "On the job training" as a response to how someone was trained? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 75
I Root Cause Analysis when someone simply stops performing a task? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 16
T Misbranding (by someone we've contracted with) in a Publication 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 15
Q QI Macro Histogram - Can someone define *sorted data*? Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 7
J Can someone help me get the UCL AND LCL for this problem? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
A Can someone provide an example of a Product Safety Policy? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
L To share or not to share? Work distribution when someone goes on vacation Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 19
B What is the implication for someone who does not meet the 70% pass mark for QMS-Lead. Professional Certifications and Degrees 2
B Any future for someone working as Lead Quality right these days? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
C Can someone share example of FAI Inspection Plan ? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 10
L Does someone has experience with a Supplier "Quality Watch" Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 3
R Full Time Internal Auditor - Where should I be looking for someone? Career and Occupation Discussions 15
P Can someone share their experience with KFDA Inspection ? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 30
M Medical Device Regulation in Mongolia - Can someone help? Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 3
R Someone can help me with the Volkswagen LiOn and BeON-QPN System? Customer and Company Specific Requirements 3
S Do Work Instructions need to be approved by someone other than the author? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 14