Part Variation for Gage R&R of Vision Inspection system

I

inferno10

I am preparing a gage r&r to qualify a pre-programmed inspection routine on our vision system. I decided to setup an 18x2x3 gage r&r to test the full capacity of the routine.

Our current process yields lots containing between 14-18 parts. For this study, should I sample from a single lot, or sample from multiple lots?

Thanks for the advice!

- Jason

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
G

George Weiss

Re: Part variation for gage r&r of inspection system

The R&R involves the:
[ AV ], Appraiser Variation
[ EV ], Equipment Variation
[ PV ], Part Variation
to get the:
[ TV ] Total Variation (formulas at the link below)
I would expect that changing the batch source for the parts would be a good method to gather Part-Variable data, Batch to batch. Within batch data would mean, of course not going bath-to-batch sampling. I am not the person to know/express the number of samples or how many batches to look at.
Along with other Elsmar cove threads, there is an R&R guidance write-up is @
http://www.sixsigmaspc.com/dictionary/RandR-repeatability-reproducibility.html

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Zero part to part variation - Gage R&R project Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 15
D Do I need part variation while doing Destructive Variable Gage R&R MSA study Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 19
I Gage R&R confusion on a part that has little variation Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
D Reducing Within Part Variation during a Gage R&R Study Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 26
D Part Variation, Unilateral Tolerance, Destructive Testing - Gage R&R Experts pls help Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 12
M Instability in Part Output or Gage - Flash to flash variation in brightness of bulb Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
S Gage R&R Study has Revealed No "Part to Part Variation" - My mistake? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
P Calculating Gage R&R with Part Tolerance instead of Total Variation Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 7
N Gage R&R - Using Tolerance method, or part to part variation? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
A Why do we measure Part Variation (PV) in Gage R&R? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
A How does WIV (Within Part Variation) affect Gage R&R? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 9
M MSA - Dealing with inherent within-part variation in assemblies Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
B Combat Low Part to Part Variation in GRR Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 8
T GRR based on part tolerance or process variation. Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 7
Mikey324 GR&R - Little to no part to part variation in single part number Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 14
J Calculating part variation from historic data for GRR study Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
X Poor GR&R results due to Low Part Variation Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 20
2 DOE to minimize Noise Contributions that enlarge the Variation beyond Part-Part Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 5
G Dealing with Excessive Within-Part Variation when doing MSA and Cpk studies Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
Miner Advanced MSA of Continuous Data - Part 1: Within Part Variation Imported Legacy Blogs 11
P Hard Milling Process - Dealing with Within Part Variation for SPC Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 18
Miner Upcoming article - Within-part variation when performing an R&R Imported Legacy Blogs 6
I Quantifying the Effect of Excessive Within-Part Variation Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
R Part to Part vs. Within Part Variation sampling and charting Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 19
R What is the correct formula for calculating part variation (PV)? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
D Need Help on the method of calculating tube wall Within Part Variation Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 7
S Within Part Variation - Excel .xls calculation spreadsheet Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 11
M Case in RR studies:Can we MARK the measurement point to reduce within part variation? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 12
A Industry standard for stamped part Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 2
P Can credentials (ID/PW) used to login be the same as when applying Electronic Signature (Part 11) US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
M Mains on Patient with Part Attached to Protective Earth in Patient Area IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
M Documentation accompanying an aerospace part AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
H Better to retain previous made parts or one part that is perfect Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 2
T Accreditations as part of 9001 - Quality checks on your company ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
T Customer Rejecting Part for Basic Dimension Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 16
H Should we stop inspecting a part if its never been rejected? Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 6
C Multiple Part Numbers, IMDS RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 2
J IEC 60601 Applied Part - Probes intended to be covered by sheaths IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3
M Saline Infusion- Applied Part, Patient Connection IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3
D 21 CFR Part 11 Assessment (Fully Compliant or Not) Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 9
S Comparing measurement results for a part from two ring gage General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
PQ Systems SQCpack Tech Tuesday Webinar 3-Part Series Using SQCpack Software 0
E Biocompatibility testing of our applied part seems redundant Other Medical Device Related Standards 2
A APPLIED vs ACCESSIBLE PART IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 4
PQ Systems Device Integration with SQCpack - 3 Part Series Using SQCpack Software 0
PQ Systems Gage R&R - 3 Part Series Using GAGEpack Software 0
PQ Systems GAGEpack Tech Tuesday - 4 part series Using GAGEpack Software 0
PQ Systems GAGEpack Tech Tuesday - 3 part series Using GAGEpack Software 0
D Is an ethernet port part of the User Interface IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 5
C DV/PV Test Part Storage IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9