SBS - The best value in QMS software

Partial Incoming (Receiving) Inspection Delivery Inspection.

M

Muhd Firdaus

Hi all.

I am curious to know about the preparation of Incoming Checksheet for supplier who are sending their raw material in partial deliveries. For example,let say the total delivery are 6 lot and the supplier is sending them in 3 deliveries( 2 lot per delivery and carry same lot no),how should i do the inspection. Do i need to prepare 3 Inspection checksheet for each of the delivery or just one checksheet that represent inspection data for all the 3 deliveries? Please advice.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Staff member
Admin
Re: Partial Incoming Inspection delivery inspection.

Good day Muhd,

ISO 9001 states no specific requirement for this scenario, so the answer is "Whichever way works best for your system." What I look for is traceability, properly performed inspection on the defined frequency (does your procedure require the entire lot to be inspected, or a sample?) and that legible records exist and are maintained as per defined plan.

What standard are you operating to?

M

Muhd Firdaus

My company is a ISO9001 certified company and currently we are practicing sampling check for all level of Qc inspection. Based on my previous experience,i have suggested to them as to use One Checksheet . i want them to compile all their inspection record for each of the delivery into one checksheet. This is to make sure time saving and cost reduction in terms of paper usage. Hope you can give your input and comment.Thank You.

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Staff member
Admin

My company is a ISO9001 certified company and currently we are practicing sampling check for all level of Qc inspection. Based on my previous experience,i have suggested to them as to use One Checksheet . i want them to compile all their inspection record for each of the delivery into one checksheet. This is to make sure time saving and cost reduction in terms of paper usage. Hope you can give your input and comment.Thank You.
That sounds good to me, what is left is the question of how the single checksheet will be handled to ensure it is available when and where it is needed, and how you identify inspection status of your received material. Both of these can be easily managed.

somashekar

Staff member
Super Moderator

More than the time and the paper usage, I will be keen to see the gaps between deliveries and how it would effect for example the shelf life if it is a factor. As a system, for me each delivery is a lot, and I would expect to have its traceability with every delivery, even if it constitutes the same lot of the supplier. Things like packaging and delivery conditions may differ in spite of the supplier lot being the same. In fact your 6 lots may be just a part of a very big lot of the supplier that goes to various customers. The key to my inspection and tracking is my specific deliveries.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
qualprod What do CB´s change when doing a partial moving ? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
Q Full or Partial FAI? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
D Partial FAI - AS9102 - One single drawing has 10 part numbers AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
S IATF 16949 - Partial traceability of Aftermarket products IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
B Temperature loop: partial calibration General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 10
S CTS/CSE Waveforms Testing - Partial Recognition of IEC 60601-2-25 Standard by FDA IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3
B AS9102 - Completing Partial FAI's for Baseline Part Numbers AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
P AS9102 full FAl or a partial FAI after production inactivity period AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
D Non ASTM Partial Immersion LGT emergent stem correction General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
C Partial Design Validation and changes to a critical supplier 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
Q Partial non applicability of ISO 9001 Cl. 7.1.5 (not having services)? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
J Use of Harmonised Standards (Full or Partial) ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
M Partial Implementation of ISO 9001 in a Company ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
T Is a Removable Partial Denture classified as Class I Medical Device? EU Medical Device Regulations 6
M "Partial Design" Designation and Applicable ISO 9001:2015 Exemptions ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
S When to switch from a Partial AS9102 back to a Full AS9102 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
M Partial Compliance to an ISO Standard for Medical Device CE Marking EU Medical Device Regulations 13
K Partial FAI on Semi-Complete Parts question ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
N Can we do a Partial Gamma Validation on a Similar Product (Syringes) ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
D Delta or Partial FAI (First Article Inspection) - What are the differences? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
D Partial FAI form requirements AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
D Partial ISO TS 16949 Certification IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 14
A Classification of Medical Device with Partial Compliance with a particular standard IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 5
P Part 11 Hybrid System - Partial paper based record but with e-signature Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 4
J AS9102 FAI (First Article Inspection) Full or Partial - Changes to NC programming Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
S Error Accumulation - Combined Result without going to Partial Derivitaves Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 2
B Partial Joint (Hip Prosthesis) Replacement Class inquiry EU Medical Device Regulations 3
T Partial Shipping of Lots - Shipping of product prior to the lot being completed ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
I Partial Least Square Regression Result - Question Using Minitab Software 3
E Interpreting Partial Least Square Results Using Minitab Software 1
B Not Full (Partial) Lot at End of the Shift - Sample Size AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 4
S "Partial Buyout" Considerations for TS system - HELP IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 13
J Action Not defined in procedure - NC - Incoming inspection AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
M Material incoming to the production process reflected in PFMEA FMEA and Control Plans 9
silentmonkey How to decide what characteristics need to be verified during incoming inspection? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
I Incoming insepction needs repair - sell as "new", "brand new", or something else Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
D Incoming (Receiving) Inspection - General form for incoming part inspection Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 17
T Primary & Secondary Inspection Definitions - Incoming, In-process & Final Inspection Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
Ajit Basrur Incoming Inspection for Instructions for Use (IFU) 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
R Is pre-conditioning supplier component before incoming inspection tests allowed? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 16
T How to identify requirements for 'Incoming inspection' Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 5
J Incoming Inspection Plans under Design Control (part of DMR)? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
C ISO13485 Incoming Receiving Parts Verification ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 13
T Can incoming and outgoing areas be allocated inside the store? Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 1
R Policy Statement for FDA CFR 820 Acceptance Activities of Incoming Products. Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
L How to define R & D Receiving (Incoming) Inspection Plan Design and Development of Products and Processes 18
M Incoming, In-Process, Final and Outgoing Quality Inspection Procedure examples Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
C Incoming Inspection Database Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
A Incoming Material Quality Assurance Cell Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
R PFMEA (process FMEA) for Incoming Material stage FMEA and Control Plans 7