Participation and winning

J

JRKH

:bigwave:

Just did a quick study on this boards membership participation.

Registered users = 870 (approx)
Users who have posted = 374
Users with more than 10 posts = 142
Users with more than 50 posts = 52

I suspect there is a lot of good information/opinion that is not making it onto the board.

If you have registered, please participate. We all win.

James:bigwave:

H

HFowler

James,

I agree, with you. Participation through networking is a win-win situation. I attended a monthly regional network meeting this morning of professionals who are responsible for ISO 9001 implementation at their respective companies. I made sure that everyone in the meeting was aware of this forum and the benefits of the discussions as well as the premium file area. Many people were extremely interested to find out about it.

Incidently, I'm not far from (100) posts and it seems that I read somewhere in an earlier thread that the moderator is to send you a bottle of whiskey of your choice. A good (12) year old single malt scotch will do.
:biglaugh:

Best Regards,
Hank Fowler
;)

A

Atul Khandekar

True. As for me, I have got much more than I could give. That's WIN-win I guess!
A good (12) year old single malt scotch will do.
Marc, could you make that two, please!;) I just crossed that threshold a few day back.

M

Michael T

Hey now....

Wow... seems like I'm way overdue...

While Gentlemen Jack is good (one of my more preferred drinks, neat of course), I think I'll take the Johnny Walker Blue Label, please.

:vfunny: :biglaugh: :bigwave:

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Al started the bottle of booze thing, as I remember. That said, you'll have to contact Al and see when he's gonna send you each a bottle!

The bottom line is there are hundreds of people who visit the forums every day who do not register at all. I could 'lock them out' until they register, but the policy has been an open policy for years. This may change soon. Several things may change soon. Very, very few people have 'supported' the Forums by taking a 'Premium' or 'Member' files access. No one has 'helped out' for almost 2 months. I'm doing OK with outside business right now but it's early in the year and I am considering several drastic changes to the forums including making them entirely a subscription access - No pay, no access.

More importantly is that many people who do register do so because they see a form or such which is an attachment to a post in a thread. So they register, get the form (or whatever) and that's it and they never come back.

The internet is changing rapidly. What is happening is 'free' is going away and large corporations are taking over. There was an interesting article on http://Slashdot.com about this a few days ago but I didn't save the link. In short, the internet is becoming the 'marketing-net'.

So... Things could get very interesting soon. :thedeal:

A

Al Dyer

Yes, I "seem" to remember something about that:bonk: Like I tell Visa, it's in the mail.

I can't help but mirror Marc's comments concerning the long term outlook for the forum. Where alse can anybody access the enormity of professional expertise for free. Well, I'm in for the long haul.

Support your local forum!:bigwave: :bigwave:

J

JRKH

Originally posted by Al Dyer

I can't help but mirror Marc's comments concerning the long term outlook for the forum. Where alse can anybody access the enormity of professional expertise for free. Well, I'm in for the long haul.

Support your local forum!:bigwave: :bigwave:
Well said Al.

I'm not goin' noplace. This forum is too valuable.

While I hate to think that the forums might have to be all pay, I can certainly see the logic of it. These forums have given us a lot. Advise, solice, a kick in the pants (when desrved) and more than a couple of laughs.

The point I was shooting for in the origional post was that we have so many people registered, and so few who regularly contribute. How much richer could the discussions be. How many more forms, procedures, training aids, etc etc etc ad infinitum would be available.

Where else can you get the kind of support offered by Marc, Al, Energy, Kevin, Steelmaiden, Lucinda, Randy, M Greenaway, Michael T, and all the others that I can't think of right now.

My message is to all who have registered and not posted:
Don't be afraid.
Ask questions
Put in your two cents worth.
Bring a fresh perspcetive.
Make the regulars defend their positions
Lets make this board the best it can be

And to Marc, who has kept this place running,
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, AND THANK YOU.

James

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Restatement

A restatement:

> Very, very few people have 'supported' the Forums by
> taking a 'Premium' or 'Member' files access. No one has
> 'helped out' for almost 2 months.

Three folks have 'subscribed' since early January - 1 was a 'Premium'.

No big deal. I'm looking at alturnatives and doing some general thinking. I'm stirring up some :ca: because my car bombed out on me in Miami and cost me some serious cash. So I'm kinda reactive right now... :thedeal:

By the way, legendary animator, Chuck Jones, creator of classic cartoon characters such as Bugs Bunny, Porky Pig, Road Runner, & Pepe Le Pew has died aged 89 years. When you were a kid was there ever a better baby-sitter than several hours of Looney Tunes & Merry Melodies? Thank you, Mr. Jones for all the great memories and, respectfully, That's All Folks...."

L

Laura M

From the mouths of babes

OK - my kids watch too much cartoon network. But this AM, when I mentioned that "The guy" that created the classics, bugs, Road Runner, died, my 9 year old came out with...

"What, Chuck Jones died?!?!"

I couldn't believe he knew the name. "What? You know his name?" "Mom, its on every cartoon..."

Now Marc... you drove to Miami?

Top Bottom