Participation as Observer Auditor in an Internal Audit

S

selena15

hi
i've been absent so long time...etc holiday , training ...but happy to come back to the cove :D
i got a question
i got a trainning of auditing the ISO 9001 and to become auditor , as you know i have to do 3 audits and one as observant .
my question is : may i participate to one audit scheduled this month in my compagnie even the target of these audit is the documentation of manufactury department and myself, i'm document control in the quality managment department . i know that we shouldn't audit our own task, but as well as i would be just ovbservant and the audit concerne another department . is it allowed ?
please give me an answer
thanks lot :thanx:

D

D.Scott

Re: observant auditor

hi
i've been absent so long time...etc holiday , training ...but happy to come back to the cove :D
i got a question
i got a trainning of auditing the ISO 9001 and to become auditor , as you know i have to do 3 audits and one as observant .
my question is : may i participate to one audit scheduled this month in my compagnie even the target of these audit is the documentation of manufactury department and myself, i'm document control in the quality managment department . i know that we shouldn't audit our own task, but as well as i would be just ovbservant and the audit concerne another department . is it allowed ?
please give me an answer
thanks lot :thanx:

Welcome back Selena. I am not sure if you are becoming a CB auditor or if you are an internal auditor.

Either way, I see no reason you cant be an observer on an audit of your company. You will not be doing the audit.

Good luck on becoming an auditor. :agree1:

Dave

S

selena15

Thanks Dave
when i got my training in BVQS i got the diploma which said that i succed in the course of auditing the ISO 9001
and which notifi to me that i have to get 3 audits to become internal auditor and later with another training i can become senior auditor
and as you said, i canno't become CB auditor and i'm just in the first step to become internal auditor
but this is good if i can be observant even the audit concern my nature activity
thanks lot :D

P

Peter West

Hi Selena

I wouldn't see it as a problem but am going on Internal Auditor training next tuesday so will raise it as a question.:D

It wouldnt surprise me if there were some with the train of thought that would prefer observing an independent audit, however I don't see it being much of an issue myself, unless the training body that advised you of that requirement has specified otherwise. It may be a case that the training body I go to may advise differently to others, but if you can wait a week I will get what information I can from them.

S

selena15

hi peter west
thanks for reply and of course i'm always welcoming any advice. and good luck for your training. :agree1:

Top Bottom