SBS - The Best Value in QMS software

Participation...........(Which Clause(s) cause you the most confusion or question?)

Hershal

Metrologist-Auditor
Staff member
Super Moderator
There is an effort going right now to develop a much-needed handbook for implementation of ANS/ISO/IEC 17025:2005 for the NORTH AMERICAN market................

Every recognized AB in the U.S. is in on this.....

Each and every lab that is accredied can and should help here.....

What Clause(s) cause you the most confusion or question?

Why?

Let me know.............................

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Jim Wynne

Staff member
Admin
Re: Participation...........(Which Clause(s) cause you the most confusion or question

Is there something wrong with your period key? :D

It seems to me that if a handbook is needed in order to explain the standard, there's something seriously wrong with the standard itself. Why not just fix that instead of creating another document?

Z

zamclachia

Re: Participation...........(Which Clause(s) cause you the most confusion or question

Is there something wrong with your period key? :D

It seems to me that if a handbook is needed in order to explain the standard, there's something seriously wrong with the standard itself. Why not just fix that instead of creating another document?
I must agree with you Jim..........................................;)
The standard is relatively straight forward.

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Staff member
Admin

The trouble I have noticed most often has to do with measuring and analyzing results. When auditing a lab I see a note such as "Results look good" in the outcomes portion of an improvement project. Now this might be okay if I got to talk with the person who wrote that, but the person has been let go and the new manager had no solid clue.

So I coached him in measurement and analysis, drawing from my experience in Maine's Baldrige program - during which I also noted this was consistently a weak area. (I get to do this because I'm an internal auditor, not a third party). Let us note that when their high-dollar consultant helped establish the lab's QMS, they didn't leave the lab people with this skill.

The key is understanding how the performance impacts the business goal it was set out to improve. Of course that means the measurement should be defined in a way that it's easy to understand what that business goal is. Since we aren't the Borg from Star Trek, we don't intuitively know what our performance goals are for; it should be made plain.
:2cents:

D

Daniel Walker - 2011

Subcontracting Calibrations!

How to handle reporting results to your customers without just handing over the subcontractors certificate. Every time I ask this question, I get a different answer.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Staff member
Admin

Considering all the books and courses about 'Interpreting ISO 9001' (not to mention the existence of this web site), a handbook which explains a quite simple standard doesn't surprise me at all.

Hershal

Metrologist-Auditor
Staff member
Super Moderator

There actually are I believe two handbooks already. This one will be for the U.S. market, using the ANS version.

Sorry about the periods, I forgot I was not in Myspace or Eons at the time.

Sub-contracting calibrations is a good one. Fortunately I don't have that section to write, but I will pass the info to the correct person.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L ISO 45001:2018 - Clause 5.4: Consultation and Participation of Workers Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 1
John C. Abnet ISO 45001:2018 (5.4 - Consultation and participation of workers) Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 13
S ISO 45001 - 5.4 Participation and consultation Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 3
lyobovnik Matters being audited, independence, participation and direct responsibility 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
E Participation required in OASIS and IAQG? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
L Incentives to Encourage Employee Participation Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 1
C What is "Participation in interlaboratory comparison or proficiency-testing programs" General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 8
L OHSAS 18001 Participation and Consultation - Incident investigation under 4.4.3.2 Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 15
T Participation in the Document Review Process from Multiple Sites ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
M Ways to encourage participation of other dept in preparing for the surveillance audit ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
S Employee Consultation - Communication, participation and consultation Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 9
S Executive Management Participation in Internal Audits Internal Auditing 8
Sidney Vianna ISO launches online tutorial on consumer participation in standards development Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 0
Marc General Elsmar Cove Forum Participation Rules and Guidelines Elsmar Cove Forum ToS and Forum Policies 22
S Participation as Observer Auditor in an Internal Audit Internal Auditing 4
I In OHSAS 18001:2007 How to demonstrate 4.4.3.2 Participation and Consultation ? Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 3
C Games for mass participation in Continuous Improvement Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 11
C Consultant Participation in Registration Audit ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 19
J The Value of Participation Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 14
D Employer support of Elsmar Cove participation and activity Career and Occupation Discussions 48
J Participation and winning Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 40
S No Participation QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 20
A ISO 14001:2015 clause 4.4 ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 2
M Customer Property - ISO 13485:2016 Clause 7.5.10 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 9
D PSW with waiver statement (hold harmless clause) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
Ashland78 MSA clause or wording needed. Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
A IT-NETWORK in PEMS Sub-Clause 14.13 for Medical Device IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 5
A 60601-1 clause 8.11.3.6 Test Clarification IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 0
S MSA clause 7.1.5.1.1 - Statistical studies on counting weight scale Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 12
Thee Bouyyy Internal NCR - API Q1 5.4.2b - API 16C Clause 4.1.3 Internal Auditing 9
V Clause 7.1.3.1 Plant, facility, and equipment planning Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 0
J Aluminum anodization as MOP insulation? Clause 8.5.1.1 IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 0
ebrahim QMS as per ISO 13485, Clause 4.2 Requirements for regulatory purposes for Medical Devices Authorized Representatives. ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
R AS5553 Clause 3.1.7 f - "Implement a returns process....." AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
C Requirement to link Quality Manual to ISO 9001 clause numbers? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 13
V Setup for testing against ISO14708 clause 16 (protection of the patient from herms caused by heat) Other Medical Device Related Standards 0
M IATF16949 Clause 9.1.2.1e - Customer notification related IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
N 60601-2-2 Ed 6 Clause 201.8.8.3.102 - HF instrument leakage IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 0
R IEC 60601-1 Clause 15.3.2, Push test IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 0
A ISO 13485 Sterilization Clause Applicability ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
A AS9100D - Clause 8.1 Operation - Coating service company AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
T AS9100D Clause 10.2.1g Supplier Corrective Action for each and every nonconformity? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
H AS9100D clause 8.5.1 f) & 8.5.1 g) - Special Processes AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
S ISO 9001 Clause 8.2.3 - Review of the requirements for products and services in a Cafe ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
C ISO/IEC 17021-1 clause 7.1.2 - Determination of competence criteria Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
S API Spec. Q1 clause 5.6.1.2 On site evaluation Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 10
K ISO 13485 clause 8.5.2 'Any necessary CA shall be taken without undue delay' ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
lanley liao How to understand the clause 6 Planning of ISO 9001:2015 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
lanley liao How to understand the term 3.1.21 'Servicing' and the clause 5.7.1.2 'Servicing' of API Spec Q1? Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 19
earl62 IATF 16949 Clause 9.1.1.1 - What is the batch conformance to specification method? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3