Passed ISO 9001:2008 Certification Audit

N

Nite1922

Well, it happened today, and I passed my company's ISO 9001:2008 Certification audit. No non-conformances and only 3 OFIs.:agree1:
Thank again to the people on the Cove for valuable information.
:cool::D

Pancho

wikineer
Super Moderator
Well done, Nite! Congratulations!

And welcome to posting here at the Cove. Your experience is valuable. Feel free to pitch in for others that may be walking anew the path you just traveled.

John Broomfield

Leader
Super Moderator
Well, it happened today, and I passed my company's ISO 9001:2008 Certification audit. No non-conformances and only 3 OFIs.:agree1:
Thank again to the people on the Cove for valuable information.
:cool::D

Dayle,

Of course you reminded everyone that the only bad nonconformity is the one you do not know about?

Celebrating the absence of reported nonconformity can give employees the impression that reporting them is discouraged.

John

BigJohnJ

Registered
Congratulation, I am looking forward to being able to post that here soon.

However, have got to get Top Management on board to allocate the needed resources first.

Again, Congratulations

N

Nite1922

Hi, John
The nice thing about the company I work for is that everyone is involved in the function. In general, I spend about a third of my day on the assembly floor. Even the top boss is out there regularly. He demands a quality product. I will go out in the assembly bay and randomly choose a unit and check it over myself. Because of the working relationship within the company the workers are not afraid to report a problem either to the shop foreman, myself or the top boss. Example was today when they were testing out a unit (we test every unit we build without exception) a pump was doing what it was supposed to and meeting requirements, but it randomly made a louder bang than normal. The worker reported it to the shop foreman, who summoned me for an opinion as to whether to let the unit out. I listened to the pump and immediately told them to change it. Even though the pump was meeting requirements, I was not willing to let the completed package leave with a problem that could result in a failure tomorrow or 5 years down the road, when a simple swap on the assembly line that takes 5 minutes saves a company reputation down the road.

Pancho

wikineer
Super Moderator
Good decision to pull a doubtful unit. But you piqued my curiosity. Besides not shipping it, how do you handle such NCs? Do you document the irregular condition? Would this case trigger a root cause analysis?

N

Nite1922

Hey, Pancho
Yes, absolutely I document every non-conformance because, in the past we had a number of a certain controller failing on the floor, and as I stated before, nothing leaves with a questionable or non-functionable part. After a 2 month investigation I wound up issuing a work instruction on the hook up sequence. Since then, no failed controllers. This particular pump issue is a single incident from the many hundreds we have sent into the field for this model. For the other cases I have had with different models, I document the problem and notify the manufacturer, who is also ISO 9001 certified and they immediately ask for the failed part back and start their own investigation, and report back to me. All this is documented. No matter how robust a quality system is, there will be things that slip through the cracks. If it is man-made it will fail

Top Bottom