SBS - The Best Value in QMS software

Passed the CQE (Certified Quality Engineer) exam 1st time

C

crentinger

OMG. This was the hardest test I have taken in a long time. But, I passed! :applause: I wish I knew how I did versus the cut. Does anyone know how to find out?

The materials I used to study were QCI's CQE prep, solutions text, electronic exam cd. I studied daily for a few hours and took about 30 practice tests using the CD in the two months prior to the exam.

I took these references in the exam. QCI's CQE Prep, Siebel's Quality Improvement Glossary (very helpful text btw), Dovich's Quality Engineering Statistics, and AQL Inspector's Rule. All very good. The two most helpful to me were the CQE Prep and Siebel's guide.

I was dreading the outcome but happy to hear I passed. Now it's time to go earn those credits because I don't want to have to pass again :bigwave:.

For anyone thinking about taking the test, I would only offer the following advice. Add some reliability problems to your study routine. The QCI materials don't offer enough practice there. Oh yeah...good luck.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Steve Prevette

Deming Disciple
Staff member
Super Moderator
Re: 1st time passer of CQE

Congratulations!

On knowing how you did versus the "cut" - ASQ policy is to not let people know that. If you fail, they let you know how you did in each area, but if you pass, you just get the notice that you passed.

Stijloor

Staff member
Super Moderator

Congratulations!

On knowing how you did versus the "cut" - ASQ policy is to not let people know that. If you fail, they let you know how you did in each area, but if you pass, you just get the notice that you passed.
Steve,

What's so "secret" about this? I don't understand.

Stijloor.

Steve Prevette

Deming Disciple
Staff member
Super Moderator

I must admit, there is whole LOT of stuff about ASQ I don't understand.:rolleyes: All I am doing is answering the original question . . .

C

Craig H.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I remember being barely able to say my name when I got through. It is definitely a very good reason to start collecting points.

Govind

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator

Steve,

What's so "secret" about this? I don't understand.

Stijloor.
I am guessing that exam takers might get complacent with their preparation by knowing the “cut score”

One should cover the body of knowledge in its entirety for their own career development not just for passing the exam by reaching a specific cut score.i.e. Aim for getting all the 150 questions correct.

I will be more interested in knowing if a candidate is passing above 90th Percentile. ASQ could recognize them in the certificate as a “CQE with distinction” Will this not be good differentiator?

Regards,
Govind.

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Staff member
Admin
Re: 1st time passer of CQE (Certifie Quality Engineer)

Congratulations! Well done! :applause: The CQE is one of the tougher of the exams.

It's true we don't get a break down of how we did unless we fail. I would have liked to know which questions I got right, especially in the statistics section. But passing had to be enough, and in the end it was. :D

L

LMitschelen

Re: 1st time passer of CQE (Certifie Quality Engineer)

Congratulations for your CQE success.

And, you are absolutely right about keeping up the recertification journal. Believe me, the exam doesn't get any easier the second time around. (Been there, done that, won't do that again.)

Best of luck in your future exploits. If those include other ASQ certifications, I think you have the toughest one under your belt.

Lonnie

H

Howard Lee

Re: 1st time passer of CQE (Certified Quality Engineer)

Congratulations on making the cut. And welcome to the "First Time" club. Be content knowing that less than 35% of us CQE's have that distinction. Besides, if you made it this far, you know where your weak points are.

V

venkatesan

Re: 1st time passer of CQE (Certified Quality Engineer)

OMG. This was the hardest test I have taken in a long time. But, I passed! :applause: I wish I knew how I did versus the cut. Does anyone know how to find out?

The materials I used to study were QCI's CQE prep, solutions text, electronic exam cd. I studied daily for a few hours and took about 30 practice tests using the CD in the two months prior to the exam.

I took these references in the exam. QCI's CQE Prep, Siebel's Quality Improvement Glossary (very helpful text btw), Dovich's Quality Engineering Statistics, and AQL Inspector's Rule. All very good. The two most helpful to me were the CQE Prep and Siebel's guide.

I was dreading the outcome but happy to hear I passed. Now it's time to go earn those credits because I don't want to have to pass again :bigwave:.

For anyone thinking about taking the test, I would only offer the following advice. Add some reliability problems to your study routine. The QCI materials don't offer enough practice there. Oh yeah...good luck.

Merry Christmas everyone.
CONGRATULATIONS Mr.Centinger for passed the CQE Exam.:applause:Whell i dont know what is use of this. Please tell me how i can join to this corse and where i can get materials. Give me full details about the CQE.
THANKS AND REGARDS:nope:
VENKATESAN

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Passed CQE in the first attempt!! Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 12
M I passed the CQE exam this month - What certification next? Professional Certifications and Degrees 10
C Sterility and Bioburden Testing - LAL passed under 0.5EU/mL Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 3
A Visual acuity test - Product to have passed a jaeger test Human Factors and Ergonomics in Engineering 6
A Passed the AATT Exam - What come comes next? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
Q Passed ASQ Certified Quality Process Analyst Exam! What next? Professional Certifications and Degrees 7
N We Passed Our ISO 13485:2003 Certification! Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 7
A We passed our ISO TS 16949 initial certification Covegratulations 3
N Passed ISO 9001:2008 Certification Audit Covegratulations 9
J My Dear Wife has passed away Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 24
1 A New Job - Replaced a QM who passed away - BIG Problems Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 25
S Passed the Certification Audit ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
Ajit Basrur Indian Medical Device Regulation may be passed by this Aug 2011 Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 11
C We Passed our AS9100 Registration Audit!! Covegratulations 7
D ISO 13485 reassessment - passed with only one OFI Covegratulations 11
S Seek advice from someone that passed through NADCAP AC7102 and AC7101/3 Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 6
T Passed our registration audit - Well we did it!!!!!!! ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 16
D ISO 13485 reassessment audit and passed with no NCs and 2 OFIs ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 29
A Passed ASQ CQPA (Certified Quality Process Analyst) Exam! Professional Certifications and Degrees 21
J Passed ASQ CQA. Next ASQ CQT Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
G I passed the ASQ-CQA (Certified Quality Auditor) exam Professional Certifications and Degrees 12
P Just passed TS 16949 Stage 1 Assessment yesterday IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
D We passed our AS9100 audit AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 13
L Success! We passed our TS 16949 Certification Audit yesterday! IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 17
C ASQ 06/03/2006 SSGB Exam Results - I passed! Professional Certifications and Degrees 2
C We passed ISO 9001:2000 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
K We Passed Our Ts16949 Phase 1 Readiness Review IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
P We passed our ISO9001 and ISO/TS16949:2002 renewal December 2005 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
K Ethics - Tooling drawings and controls passed on to another supplier by the Customer Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 12
N MDD and LVD compliant - Device that passed the safety tests of 601-1 and 335-1 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
T Passed AS9100 certification audit! AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
P TS 16949 Audit - Stage 1 passed! IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 29
M We Passed our AS9100 registration audit AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 11
I Passed TS 16949 Stage 1 Readiness Review! Happy Dance! IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
D We passed our transition audit with only two minor nonconformances ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
P We Passed Our TS 16949 Audit! IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 13
T We Passed Our TS 16949:2002 Audit IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 10
R We Passed Our TS 16949 Audit! IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 20
Q Passing CQA Exam - Passed on first attempt? Second? A Poll General Auditing Discussions 22
S We just Passed our ISO 14001 Stage 2 Audit! Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 17
F Maintenance Audit Passed General Auditing Discussions 12
A QS-9000 Registration Audit Results - We Passed QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 1
A WE DID IT! Passed the muster of a QS9000 Certification Audit QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 9
R Dorian Shainin passed away on Friday, January 7, 2000 Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 2
A Mistakes in the CQE Study Guide Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 3
O ASQ CQE Exam Experience, Home versus Exam Center ASQ - American Society for Quality 0
R ANSI/ASQ Z1.4. for CQE Exam Professional Certifications and Degrees 9
Y ASQ CQE and CSSGB; What next? Career and Occupation Discussions 1
T ASQ CQE vs CMQ/OE Professional Certifications and Degrees 2
E CQE or SSGB for a new career Professional Certifications and Degrees 8