Passed the CQE (Certified Quality Engineer) exam 1st time

C

crentinger

OMG. This was the hardest test I have taken in a long time. But, I passed! :applause: I wish I knew how I did versus the cut. Does anyone know how to find out?

The materials I used to study were QCI's CQE prep, solutions text, electronic exam cd. I studied daily for a few hours and took about 30 practice tests using the CD in the two months prior to the exam.

I took these references in the exam. QCI's CQE Prep, Siebel's Quality Improvement Glossary (very helpful text btw), Dovich's Quality Engineering Statistics, and AQL Inspector's Rule. All very good. The two most helpful to me were the CQE Prep and Siebel's guide.

I was dreading the outcome but happy to hear I passed. Now it's time to go earn those credits because I don't want to have to pass again :bigwave:.

For anyone thinking about taking the test, I would only offer the following advice. Add some reliability problems to your study routine. The QCI materials don't offer enough practice there. Oh yeah...good luck.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Steve Prevette

Deming Disciple
Leader
Super Moderator
Re: 1st time passer of CQE

Congratulations!

On knowing how you did versus the "cut" - ASQ policy is to not let people know that. If you fail, they let you know how you did in each area, but if you pass, you just get the notice that you passed.

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator

Congratulations!

On knowing how you did versus the "cut" - ASQ policy is to not let people know that. If you fail, they let you know how you did in each area, but if you pass, you just get the notice that you passed.

Steve,

What's so "secret" about this? I don't understand.

Stijloor.

Steve Prevette

Deming Disciple
Leader
Super Moderator

I must admit, there is whole LOT of stuff about ASQ I don't understand.:rolleyes: All I am doing is answering the original question . . .

C

Craig H.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I remember being barely able to say my name when I got through. It is definitely a very good reason to start collecting points.

Govind

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator

Steve,

What's so "secret" about this? I don't understand.

Stijloor.

I am guessing that exam takers might get complacent with their preparation by knowing the “cut score”

One should cover the body of knowledge in its entirety for their own career development not just for passing the exam by reaching a specific cut score.i.e. Aim for getting all the 150 questions correct.

I will be more interested in knowing if a candidate is passing above 90th Percentile. ASQ could recognize them in the certificate as a “CQE with distinction” Will this not be good differentiator?

Regards,
Govind.

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
Re: 1st time passer of CQE (Certifie Quality Engineer)

Congratulations! Well done! :applause: The CQE is one of the tougher of the exams.

It's true we don't get a break down of how we did unless we fail. I would have liked to know which questions I got right, especially in the statistics section. But passing had to be enough, and in the end it was. :D

L

LMitschelen

Re: 1st time passer of CQE (Certifie Quality Engineer)

Congratulations for your CQE success.

And, you are absolutely right about keeping up the recertification journal. Believe me, the exam doesn't get any easier the second time around. (Been there, done that, won't do that again.)

Best of luck in your future exploits. If those include other ASQ certifications, I think you have the toughest one under your belt.

Lonnie

H

Howard Lee

Re: 1st time passer of CQE (Certified Quality Engineer)

Congratulations on making the cut. And welcome to the "First Time" club. Be content knowing that less than 35% of us CQE's have that distinction. Besides, if you made it this far, you know where your weak points are.

V

venkatesan

Re: 1st time passer of CQE (Certified Quality Engineer)

OMG. This was the hardest test I have taken in a long time. But, I passed! :applause: I wish I knew how I did versus the cut. Does anyone know how to find out?

The materials I used to study were QCI's CQE prep, solutions text, electronic exam cd. I studied daily for a few hours and took about 30 practice tests using the CD in the two months prior to the exam.

I took these references in the exam. QCI's CQE Prep, Siebel's Quality Improvement Glossary (very helpful text btw), Dovich's Quality Engineering Statistics, and AQL Inspector's Rule. All very good. The two most helpful to me were the CQE Prep and Siebel's guide.

I was dreading the outcome but happy to hear I passed. Now it's time to go earn those credits because I don't want to have to pass again :bigwave:.

For anyone thinking about taking the test, I would only offer the following advice. Add some reliability problems to your study routine. The QCI materials don't offer enough practice there. Oh yeah...good luck.

Merry Christmas everyone.
CONGRATULATIONS Mr.Centinger for passed the CQE Exam.:applause:Whell i dont know what is use of this. Please tell me how i can join to this corse and where i can get materials. Give me full details about the CQE.
THANKS AND REGARDS:nope:
VENKATESAN

Top Bottom