PC DMIS Question - Machine Monitoring

L

lucidguy26

I have a question about our CMM running PC DMIS version 3.2 and would appreciate it if anyone could suggest some solutions to my problem.

I need to find a way to monitor the open capacity and current performance of our CMM. i.e. - How much time the machine spends running and sitting and if possible the performance of the machine or the percentage of the programmed speed the machine is running at.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Brian

gard2372

Quite Involved in Discussions
lucidguy26 said:
I have a question about our CMM running PC DMIS version 3.2 and would appreciate it if anyone could suggest some solutions to my problem.

I need to find a way to monitor the open capacity and current performance of our CMM. i.e. - How much time the machine spends running and sitting and if possible the performance of the machine or the percentage of the programmed speed the machine is running at.

Thanks
Brian

Brian,

Welcome to the cove, while I'm familiar with CMM's, I cannot answer your question but, I know of a resource that most likely will yield you more answers than you may want/need.

I suggest you try

http://www.cmmtalk.com

CarolX

Trusted Information Resource
lucidguy26 said:

Thanks
Brian

Hi Brian,

How about a log sheet?

Another idea, when th reports are printed, the end of the report gives a run time. Can you collect some data there?

The program speed contains a lot of variables. There is an overall move speed that can be adjusted. The sequence in which part features are measured can be modified. Other things, like pass through planes, add additional time to the program. Initial set-up of the part to be measured can be quite time consuming.

Other web sites to look at would be pc-dmis.com and pcdmisforum.com.

L

lucidguy26

Thanks

We are looking for an automated way to do it. We are currently using log sheets but we want to take out the human error and record the actual usage.

eyyubi

Registered
Hi, if still valid...

Check out the hexagonsfx site. I am not allowed to link. :)

There is a video on youtube

Top Bottom