PEAR Content for Surveillance and Re-Certification Audit

J

Joy

A funny question came in my mind this morning after spending good time and sincere effort to make a PEAR for production process for a machine shop.Thought to check with ever helpful auditor friends who are now a days producing this document at regular intervals with high motivation.

Will you write the same process sequence, input- outputs,controls,monitoring- measurement etc. next time also? Do you think those things are going to change much?:mg:

Only thing would change is the process performance data, if the process improve.Or the objective evidences as a different audit trail would be selected in next audit.

Have you some idea how to avoid this monotonous repetition?

dsanabria

Quite Involved in Discussions
A funny question came in my mind this morning after spending good time and sincere effort to make a PEAR for production process for a machine shop.Thought to check with ever helpful auditor friends who are now a days producing this document at regular intervals with high motivation.

Will you write the same process sequence, input- outputs,controls,monitoring- measurement etc. next time also? Do you think those things are going to change much?:mg:

Only thing would change is the process performance data, if the process improve.Or the objective evidences as a different audit trail would be selected in next audit.

Joy;

I wrote about this a while back in another thread..

The reality is that next year - it is the same auditor and they don't change style, thinking and opinion just because it is another year.

In fact - the pears will become a template and all of the companies will get the same thinking, style and opinion...

NOTE: Auditors are human and human operate this way...

We just went through a surveillance audit after an upgrade last year and guess what... The OER, PEARS, Final Report and QMS Matrix were identical - except for minor objective evidence - and it went quicker because the same auditor was doing the same process.

Come to think of it - the internal audit became the same Blah, Blah, Turtle diagram, SIPOC, PEARS were all identical and the initial value was somehow minimized.

I agree- auditor will not change and you will get the same results with minor changes, NCR.

J

Joy

It could be better idea to use the PEAR only for certification/re-certification/transition audits.A good amount of time is consumed to prepare the PEAR which could be utilized for audit.Questions may arise whether it is appropriate to make the PEAR during audit time as it is a requirement to calculate hours for documentation separately.However,it is really impractical and wastage of time if it is not completed along with audit.

Now organizations are with euphoria of a new product and that may go off soon;).

Cari Spears

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator
In fact - the pears will become a template and all of the companies will get the same thinking, style and opinion...

NOTE: Auditors are human and human operate this way...

We just went through a surveillance audit after an upgrade last year and guess what... The OER, PEARS, Final Report and QMS Matrix were identical - except for minor objective evidence - and it went quicker because the same auditor was doing the same process.

I agree- auditor will not change and you will get the same results with minor changes, NCR.
Your OER, PEARS and QMS Matrix only change if your processes/organization change. Auditor "thinking, style and opinion" have very little to do with it.:confused:

Your QMS Matrix will change if you add/delete/modify your processes in your QMS.
Your PEAR for each process will only change if you change the way you measure/monitor that process or the goal established.
Your OER will change because the auditor will note different records they observed; other than that, your OER will only change, again, if your processes/organization changes.

Joy said:
Will you write the same process sequence, input- outputs,controls,monitoring- measurement etc. next time also? Do you think those things are going to change much?

Joy said:
A good amount of time is consumed to prepare the PEAR ...
Save As and then change just what changed - if anything changed - and give it a new rev date the same as you would any other QMS document. I guess I don't see how it's that time consuming, and as with so many other QMS documents, I think it's a good thing to review and either revise or reaffirm them at a fitting interval.

Last edited:
Top Bottom