Petrol (Gasoline) Prices Around the World - Part Trois Starting January 2011

M

mguilbert

I think it might be time for part trois (2011).

OK - You get what you want (sometimes...): This thread is continued from: Petrol (Gasoline) Prices Around the World - Part Deux 2008

Marc

Currently in Charlotte, NC average price $3.05. Working in SC average $2.91. Live in AL average $2.96. Can't wait for summer prices. At the current rate as compared to 2008 week of Jan. 14, 2008 average US price $3.041 by mid June over $4.007. Current rate is Jan. 17, 2010 average US price is $3.068. Buy your oil company stocks today should be another good year for profits. While you drive your alternative fuel vehicle to the bank to cash your dividend check. ;)

PS Data from the site mentioned in the previous thread. In the historical data page.

https://www.eia.gov/oog/ftparea/wogirs/xls/pswrgvwall.xls#'Data 1'!A1

Last edited by a moderator:

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Since I rarely go out and only fill up my gasoline tank every 5 to 8 weeks, I'll have to check through my smart phone "Cheap Gas" application.

Northern Cincinnati (West Chester, Ohio):

Lowest - Speedway @ US$ 2.99 per US gallon.
Highest - Shell @ US$3.19 per US gallon.

Note: I assume these prices are for 'Regular Unleaded'
Petrol (Gasoline) Prices Around the World - Part Trois Starting January 2011
My 2004 Bonneville GXP has an 18 gallon gasoline tank according to the owners manual (and gets crappy gas mileage with the Northstar V-8). I typically fill up and looking at my spreadsheet I typically put in between 16.5 and 17.4 US gallons.

Last fillup: 17.106 US Gallons
Price per US gallon: $3.259
Total cost: US$55.75

NOTE: The last time I filled up was on 23 December 2010. Gasoline was US$3.259 at the local Speedway. Again, looking at my spreadsheet gas was about US$2.80 per US gallon to US$3.10 per US gallon throughout 2010.

DISCLAIMER: I use 'Premium' gasoline in the Bonneville so my price per gallon in this note is higher than the standard 'Regular Unleaded'.

pkost

Trusted Information Resource
Here in the uk:

Regular unleaded as of 19/1/11: £129.9p/litre
diesel as of 19/1/11: £132.9/litre

for those of you that don't like conversions and assuming the 1GBP = 1.6026USD (taken from google)

unleaded = $7.88 per US gallon
diesel = $8.06 per US gallon

C

ChrissieO

Here in the uk:

Regular unleaded as of 19/1/11: £129.9p/litre
diesel as of 19/1/11: £132.9/litre

for those of you that don't like conversions and assuming the 1GBP = 1.6026USD (taken from google)

unleaded = $7.88 per US gallon
diesel = $8.06 per US gallon

If you have a shell garage locally in the UK, their price is now 1.26 gbp per litre and I find shell petrol very economical for level of performance. (don't know their diesel price).

Unfortunately we don't have a shell garage within a 3 mile radious so have to fill up when I am out and about.

Chrissie

AndyN

Moved On
I'm hoping with my change over to diesel - I bought a VW Jetta TDI - I should see 40 mpg and although the price is a little higher @ $3.39, the engine's economy will pay off in the long run. Plus, I've heard that I can get a Federal Tax credit since it's a low/zero emissions vehicle (clean diesel). So far, with about 2,000 miles on the odometer it's turned in 39 mpg, so when the engine loosens up some it should get better, plus I'll learned to stop driving it like a gas powered car and use the torque (less gear shifts, lower engine revs)

T

tamale

In Sherbrooke Québec, 4.42$ US for US gallon.

That's 1.17$ CDN per liter.

No wonder the border folks around here cross over to Vermont to gas up!

For me driving a 2006 Honda Civic that amounts to about 60$ a week.

Tamale

P

palmer

BP stocks need the boost after the gulf oil spill.........

In Kansas City it is $2.93 at QuikTrip

Randy

Super Moderator
I have to pay over $3.00 per gal anyway or whatever the top price is because I drive a '90 Corvette (my choice)

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Trusted Information Resource
Somewhere in the $3.18 to $3.21 range right now, unless I drive 20 miles North into VA, then it is about 20 cents cheaper per gallon.

Top Bottom