Pharmaceutical GMP Auditiing

B

boston night owl

Been a consultant for three years, unsure if should take a full time job, but job situations are still spotty and have had some down time, between assignments. Was offered full time with pharmaceutical company. Looking to share ideas with everyone. Would be working with GMP auditing and compliance. What do you think? Thanks for the feedback:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Elsmar Forum Sponsor
A

Al Dyer

Welcome Owl,

Now to the gist of my comment,

What is GMP and what are you talking about????:bigwave:

Maybe a few details would help us.

Al...;)

J

Jimmy Olson

pancreas said:

What is GMP and what are you talking about????:bigwave:

Maybe a few details would help us.

Al...;)

Hi Al,

GMP refers to Good Manufacturing Practice and is related to the FDA Quality System Regulation. (that's about as much as I know about it so far) :bonk:

Night Owl,

Welcome to The Cove :bigwave:

If you look in the 'FDA and Medical Devices' thread you will probably find some information there (although I think most of the discussions revolve around devices and not pharmaceuticals). As to your posting, are you just looking for general ideas to bounce around? If so, you definately came to the right place. I for one will appreciate the discussions as we are looking at possibly going that route.

D

Dan Armstrong

Welcome to the Coves.
I've been working in cGMP comliance auditing for a generics manufacturer of non-sterile solid dosage forms for the past ten years. You won't find a lot of information in the coves specific to the GMP's, but if you set up your quality system in the ways suggested here, you'll be well on your way to passing an FDA inspection. Particularly since the FDA is now moving to systems-based inspections.
I've been a lurker here for a couple of years, picking bits of information here or there, but since we are not ISO certified, nor do we have any plans of becoming so (no bang for the buck for us), I haven't had much to contribute. If I can help you in any way, let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Sarah

GMP versus GLP (Good Laboratory Practices) Auditing

Is the difference the obvious or is there more to it.

Just a little background... My company is a manufacturer of pharmaceutical equipment for preclinical studies.

A

Aaron Lupo

Boston-

It sounds like it may be a great oppurtunity. I know the pharmacetical industry is very strict 21CFR58 for GLP's 21CFRpart 11 for the electronice records compliance. If you do not have a lot of background you may want to look up the site below and do some reading. As Dan stated if you set the system up following ISO you will be in pretty good shape, however, there are a few more requirments that you will need to meet, but ISO is a good jumping off point. Let me know if you would like additional information and good luck!

http://www.fda.gov/cder/gmp/index.htm

:bigwave:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Non-GMP examples in Pharmaceutical industry Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 2
A Any recommendation for ASQ's CPGP (Pharmaceutical GMP Professional) Certification exam questions? ASQ - American Society for Quality 2
S Any suggestions for ASQ CPGP (Certified Pharmaceutical GMP Professional) exam prep? ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 4
C Certified Pharmaceutical GMP Professional (CPGP) Certification Journey Imported Legacy Blogs 5
Govind ASQ Pharmaceutical GMP Professional Certification Professional Certifications and Degrees 10
E Best way to keep up with pharmaceutical quality knowledge and current affairs Service Industry Specific Topics 1
D Clothes changing in pharmaceutical factory Manufacturing and Related Processes 8
A Reduced Testing of Pharmaceutical Raw Materials Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 2
H Communication plan according to ISO9001 - Pharmaceutical field Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 3
P ISO 5 Pharmaceutical clean room design Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 2
A Pharmaceutical Manufacturer's obligations - Laboratory Test instruments General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 0
E IVD Classification in Japan based on the Japanese Pharmaceutical Affairs Law Japan Medical Device Regulations 2
S Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Sciences Society ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 5
C Revision of Japan's Pharmaceutical Affairs Law (PAL) in 2014 Japan Medical Device Regulations 10
Ajit Basrur FDA Loosens Pharmaceutical Regulations on 13 Companies Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 1
V Pharmaceutical Analytical Method Validation and Gauge R&R Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 10
J What is the gowning requirements for the Pharmaceutical Packaging area ? Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 7
C Very Small OTC (Over The Counter) Pharmaceutical Company Requirements US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 6
R Manufacturing Documentation in Pharmaceutical Environment Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
V Examples of Design and Process FMEA for Pharmaceutical Product Development ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 7
P Japanese Pharmaceutical Affairs Law (JPAL) Internal Audit Checklist Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 4
M Pharmaceutical Product Sample Retention Requirements Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
D Pharmaceutical Manufacturer Audit Checklist Template Manufacturing and Related Processes 9
M Cheap/Free CAPA Software for small Pharmaceutical company Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 8
C Balance Calibration SOP for a Pharmaceutical Environment General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
AnaMariaVR2 FDA embraces ICH Guidance on Pharmaceutical Quality Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 0
G Benefits of Blister Packaging for Pharmaceutical Products Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 3
S Database of ISO 13485 Certified Pharmaceutical Companies ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
I Medical Device Validation and Pharmaceutical Validation differences? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
AnaMariaVR2 Certificate of Pharmaceutical Product (CPP or CoPP) Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 2
I What are examples of a Combination Product (Medical device and Pharmaceutical) ? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 14
AnaMariaVR2 Watchdog may Blacklist some Pharmaceutical Companies US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
AnaMariaVR2 A Profile of the Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Industry: Russia Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 1
R Cleaning Validation Protocols for a Pharmaceutical Company Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 2
P How to get FDA Approval of an API (Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients) Plant in India US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 3
S Instrument Calibration Laboratory setup for API Pharmaceutical Company General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
P FDA Approved API (Active Pharmaceutical Listing) Bioequivalence Study Lab for India Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 2
R Is AQL sampling plans applicable for Bulk Pharmaceutical Manufacturing (API)? Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 1
G Pharmaceutical Risk Assessment - Use of Medical Staff Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 4
Q Japanese Pharmaceutical Affairs Law (PAL) doc and "Essential Principle Checklist" Japan Medical Device Regulations 2
M ISO 13485 x ICH Q10 Pharmaceutical Quality System - Comparison Evaluation ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
G Pharmaceutical Company - Water Requirements Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 5
L Substitution of Certificate of Pharmaceutical Product (CPP) for Singapore Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
M Lean SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) for Pharmaceutical Distribution Company Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 8
AnaMariaVR2 70.8% of Pharmaceutical Companies Looking to Work with New Logistics Partners US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
AnaMariaVR2 2011 Top 10 Players in the Japanese Pharmaceutical Market US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
A Control and Management of Promotional Materials for Medical Device and Pharmaceutical Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 14
C Role and Benefits of PIC/S (Pharmaceutical Inspection Cooperation Scheme) Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
S Pharmaceutical AQL Standards and Benchmarks AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 5
D Printed Packaging Material Suppliers to Pharmaceutical Companies Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 13