PhD Thesis Data Statistical Analysis Methods

M

melis_ksk

hello! I have a problem. Im a soil scientist. Im trying to make an optimization about my thesis results. My PhD thesis was " Effects of some soil conditioners on soil physical properties" Its a field experiment. I applied 7 different materials to soil during 3 years. Also, I collected 2 soil samples for each year. I investigated 7 soil physical properties (Bulk density, SSI, field capacity, etc...) How could I desing it for optimization? How many factors and levels I have? How could I make it by Minitab? Thanks for helping advance.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Steve Prevette

Deming Disciple
Staff member
Super Moderator
I'll volunteer to give a hand. My undergrad degree was Civil Engineering, though must admit soils was my least favorite subject . . . and my MS is operations research.

I do see a warning sign - you have already collected the data, and now want to backfit your experimental design. . .

Drop me a PM if you'd like, I'll see what I can do to be of assistance.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Randy Loss of gravitational attraction (Weight loss for you PhD's) Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 29
S PhD in Quality Engineering - What schools are there with a PhD program Professional Certifications and Degrees 6
F PhD in Quality/Quality Management/FDA? Professional Certifications and Degrees 4
N Value of a Lead Auditor Course - Immigration to Canada of Process Engineering PhD Immigration and Expatriate Topics 6
J Free Basic Guide to Leadership and Supervision by Carter McNamara, PhD. Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 3
N Student trying to apply Lean Six Sigma on a Construction project in my thesis Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 3
R MDR 745/2017 keynote - I'm a student and I'm writing a thesis EU Medical Device Regulations 4
J Resistance to Change as a Master Thesis in Quality Assurance Professional Certifications and Degrees 7
S Help with Master Thesis focusing on ISO/TS 16949 and CSR in automotive SC IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
I Request to participate in ISO 14001 survey for Masters Thesis ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 3
F Requirements for Cutting Fluids for Titanium Materials - Thesis AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
S Supplier Relations Dissertation/Thesis - Completing a CQI Diploma Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 2
I Education: Master Quality Management & Master Thesis Career and Occupation Discussions 8
A Research Thesis topic relating to Calibration Calibration Frequency (Interval) 6
B Six Sigma in Retail Industry - Thesis material needed Six Sigma 3
J Looking for help to give me some idea about my thesis project (Medical Device Design) Design and Development of Products and Processes 3
V GAGE R&R Formal definition/ formulas for master's thesis Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
J CAPA History/Background Required - MSc Thesis on a CAPA System - Medical Devices Nonconformance and Corrective Action 5
M Calibration Management Research - Master's Thesis at UCLA Anderson School of Business General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
P The Significance of Lean and Six Sigma Outside Manufacturing - Thesis Questionnaire Six Sigma 0
P Definition Lean Manufacturing - Definitions of (thesis assignment) Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 5
P Looking for subject matter for thesis about TQM, ISO9000, TS19649 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
T Six Sigma Thesis - Six Sigma Works: Fact or Fiction Six Sigma 85
J MBA Thesis Survey - Use of methodologies and tools in Quality Management Systems ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 19
L TQM Master's Thesis: Now I'm Lost Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 12
S Eudamed data fields EU Medical Device Regulations 0
J Need Help with FPY Data in Assembly Process Manufacturing and Related Processes 7
Q AMS 2750 E or F Continuous Furnace TUS Data Collection AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
M Reduce occurrence rating based on the PMS data and customer complaint data ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 2
J Customer Complaint & SCAR, false data Nonconformance and Corrective Action 14
Brizilla Employee Data Privacy Policy - ISO 9001:2015 requirement(s)? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
D Safety data sheets software REACH and RoHS Conversations 2
M Data Protection and Privacy Policy - looking for a template/example EU Medical Device Regulations 1
S Non parametric test for semi-quantitative data. Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 5
M Disabling measurement data during fault conditions IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 5
C EU MDR - Annex II 6.1 Pre-clinical and clinical data EU Medical Device Regulations 4
P Ppk results shown as asterisk after the transformation of Non-normal data Using Minitab Software 4
lanley liao How to correctly understand the bullet list d) of 6.3 Analysis of Data for API Spec Q1 Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 7
Steve Prevette Informational I am presenting a webinar Thursday - "Data Driven Decision Making" - 19 November 2020 Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 5
qualprod Best practice to ensure inputting of data in production Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 19
D Preservation of Electronic Data / Information Technology ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
M Comparing data from destructive testing Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 7
DuncanGibbons Technical Data Package vs Digital Product Definition APQP and PPAP 0
Z Putting back excluded rows/data points in a control chart Using Minitab Software 0
F General Data Protection Regulation (GDRP) CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 6
Z Minitab - Updating Graph with specific data points Using Minitab Software 2
E PEMS Hazards - IEC 60601 Clause 14.6 - Internal data use - Pressure sensor IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3
K Transform variable data into attribute data Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 24
R Clinical evaluation without clinical data - MDR Article 61(10) EU Medical Device Regulations 8
H Capability Data for Paint Thickness on Painted Parts Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 10