Pictures - Nice to see the new visuals

A

Al Dyer

Marc,

Nice to see the new visuals. By the way, what was the lomg tailed rodent watching you doing?

Nice update,

ASD

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
There are a bunch of woodpeckers around here. Well, many fewer now than 5 years ago or more - all the local 'development' to accomodate more people have about eliminated the 'peckers all together. Actually there are onlya few left now.

So - some years back I bought a couple of 'woodpecker' nesting boxes figuring heck - I'd like to watch. I'm a voyeur at heart when it comes to birds and the local animals.

Well, obviously the local 'peckers were real stupid. The 'peckers couldn't read my "Woodpeckers! Please nest HERE!" signs and obviously didn't know a woodpecker house from shinola just by looking. Must be half blind, too.

Within 2 years the wood pecker 'homes' were taken over by squirrels who, ever since, and despite the long, deep design, seem to like them. The current inhabitant, every now and again, will just hang around looking out.

On the other hand, it's a shame. Woodpeckers are real pretty birds and were really nice to watch.There are still a few little Downy Woodpeckers around who come around for peanut suet. I haven't seen a Red-bellied Woodpecker in a few weeks, but there used to be a bunch and they were here almost every day for years. Now one seems to show up every few weeks - sometimes it's 6 to 8 weeks.

The Carolina Wrens have gone - haven't seen one since February. The American Goldfinches are fading away fast.

Oh well - the price of urbanization. Maybe I'll move to deep PA or WV and just commune with the animals for the rest of my life....

Marc

Staff member
Admin
As luck would have it, look 'who' showed up this morning!

Pecker.jpg

[This message has been edited by Marc Smith (edited 28 June 2001).]

L

Laura M

Hey - I have one of these hanging around too.
Sure you don't want to tell us what kind of 'pecker' it is?

Marc

Staff member
Admin
This one's a Red Bellied - maybe 10". The Downys are a bit smaller.

Next time I'll get the 'pecker to hold still whilst I place a ruler (calibrated, of course) next to it for a length reference in the photo.

On the other hand, even using the word 'pecker in this thread will ensure this site is forever banned by all 'child protective' and other 'filtering' software. Oh, well!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Excel report with pictures Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 5
S Manufacturing Work Instruction examples that include process pictures Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
J Uncontrolled Pictures of Packaging Posted on Walls ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
B Relationship Pictures Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 10
Randy Getting Red X 's in a box instead of pictures - I need some information.... After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 10
Scott Catron Pictures of the May 20, 2012 Eclipse Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 4
Q Please recommend NCR / CAPA Software capable of embedding pictures Nonconformance and Corrective Action 12
D Mac Users - Downloading pictures from my digital camera to iPhoto After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 8
O PPAP Presentation - Urgent need for "selling pictures" APQP and PPAP 1
Marc My Cousin Jonny's Art Web Site - Camp Ernst Pictures Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 7
N Marketing Material with Pictures that were Updated ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
Ajit Basrur Checking in on Saturn - Good pictures ! Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 0
D Facebook - No one can open my pictures After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 3
C 5S Pictures with Seiri, Seiton, Seiso, Seiketsu and Shitsuke in Japanese Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 3
N Printer Calibration Requirements - Documents and Pictures (Print Shop) Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 11
M Measuring a tap hook angle - ANY illustrations/pictures for the correct method? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
B Some Funny Pictures Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 9
D Displaying pictures on the Web Form After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 5
D Digital Camera Problems - Taking sports pictures in low light After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 5
L Safety Problems Pictures Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 5
apestate Project pictures: Surface plate with fasteners installed. Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 8
P NICE Health Technology Assessment in the UK UK Medical Device Regulations 0
G Laser Precision Linear Measurement - Inherrent Accuracy of 10 -6 - Nice PDF Paper General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
I Is ISO 14001 A 'nice to have' or a necessity? ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 4
AnaMariaVR2 Do Something Nice for Yourself ? Without Feeling Selfish Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 0
Wes Bucey Are you nice? Interview with a CEO Career and Occupation Discussions 9
B Visual Factory Rules Needed - Powerpoint .ppt presentation would be nice Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 5
Marc Nice job if you can get it: CEO compensation jumps 30% in 2004 Career and Occupation Discussions 0
Marc Definition Metrology Terms and Metrology Definitions - A very nice Glossary Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 5
Tom W How many of you would say you have or use good visuals in the shop? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 43