Placement of Notified Body number with CE Marking

sreenu927

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hi All,

Is there any requirement in EU to have the Notified Body (NB) number only on the right hand side of the CE Marking, like, CE 0123?

As of my knowledge, the NB number can either be on the right side or at the bottom of the CE Marking.

Pls share your thoughts!

Thanks,
Sreenu

somashekar

Leader
Admin
Hi All,

Is there any requirement in EU to have the Notified Body (NB) number only on the right hand side of the CE Marking, like, CE 0123?

As of my knowledge, the NB number can either be on the right side or at the bottom of the CE Marking.

Pls share your thoughts!

Thanks,
Sreenu
CE0123

or

CE

are ok.

Your NB must be giving you a simple "how to use the CE mark" document. If not., ask them.

Last edited:

sreenu927

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hi Somashekar,

Thanks for the response.

Yeah, I used both the formats in our procedures.

However, our NB quoting the German Competent Authority (ZLG) Document 3.14 B1 and asking us to change to have it only beside (right side) of the CE Marking.

Regards,
Sreenu

somashekar

Leader
Admin
Hi Somashekar,

Thanks for the response.

Yeah, I used both the formats in our procedures.

However, our NB quoting the German Competent Authority (ZLG) Document 3.14 B1 and asking us to change to have it only beside (right side) of the CE Marking.

Regards,
Sreenu
The identification number of the Notified Body is behind the CE marking [3]
This is the English translation of the 3.14 B1 pertaining to NB number placement.
Since it is the number of the NB, they must be clear in detailing "How to use NB number" at the time of CE mark issue.

Top Bottom