Plan to Volvo Cars for capacity verification in Phase 3 of PPAP

RaiZ-

Registered
Good time of the day, everyone!

I have to propose a plan to Volvo Cars for capacity verification in Phase 3 of PPAPs.
Normally this would mean [email protected] for 120 hours.

Can anyone share their experience with capacity verification [email protected]?
If 120 hours were used, then how You managed this? How many people participated from the client side? How many set-ups You performed (more then one part no. produced in my case)?
If 120 hour production is not necesery, then what alternative did You use? (for example, two days [email protected])
If so, how did You propose this idea to the customer?

A lot of questions and I hope someone can help me. This is new customer for me and previously we never had capacity verification [email protected]

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Ray

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Jim Wynne

Staff member
Admin
Capacity verification and run-at-rate are essentially the same thing. I've never dealt with Volvo so I can't give you particular advice, but you need to speak with your customer about the expectations. It's not clear whether you're a tier-1 or further down the chain, and expectations can vary widely. In dealing with GM, there were times when they didn't send anyone to watch the production run(s), and other times when they took up residence for several days. When in doubt, ask the customer.

optomist1

A Sea of Statistics
Trusted Information Resource
Hi RaiZ,

My experience on both sides of the equation...OEM Adv SQ and PM Tier 1, is that [email protected], we used the term Production Demonstration Run or PDR, is:
300 pieces or 2 hrs production run, which is ever larger....hang tight I am checking with my AIAG manual, to verify the "2 hrs production". In addition as others have pointed out when in doubt "always confer with your SQE", as most if not all OEMs have CSR - Customer Specific Requirements which in many cases are refinements of the AIAG requirements.

Suggest that you/your firm gain access to the AIAG APQP and PPAP manuals as they are a great source...hope this helps...

optomist1

A Sea of Statistics
Trusted Information Resource
a bit more insight...depending on one's level of experience in PDR/[email protected] ensure the line personnel are those that will be present during "normal production", i.e. do not stack the deck with your "A" team to make a good showing...and this sounds rather obvious...but ensure the facility is ship shape, only production fixturing and tooling are present (in cal) on line...part of the 5S process....etc., etc.,

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S How to make a Quality Assurance Plan - Volvo CSR Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 6
N Sampling Plan for Internal Audits - ISO 2859 or 3951 - Or Neither? Internal Auditing 6
DuncanGibbons Manufacturing Plan vs Material Specification vs Control Plan Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
K %GRR was between 10-30% so we have to have a "backup plan" per auditor IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 15
R Reduced sampling plan for sterial products APQP and PPAP 0
S PMS (Premarket Submission) and PMCF Plan EU Medical Device Regulations 5
M Clinical Evaluation Plan vs. PMCF Plan EU Medical Device Regulations 17
Q Corona virus Contingency plan - What have you done in your company? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 25
S Should safety checks be included in the Control Plan? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
J Requested Validation plan and reports Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
T Defining sampling plan for different AQL AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 1
T Reaction Plan To Drive suppliers to IATF 16949 registration IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
adir88 MDR requirement: Risk Management Plan for "each device" ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 5
B AS9100D Sampling Plan AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 2
D Supplied Product on Control Plan - Lot ranging in 40,000 pcs per product FMEA and Control Plans 3
M Can someone share a scrubbed version of Clinical Evaluation Plan (CEP) EU Medical Device Regulations 1
S EU MDR Annex XIV - Clinical Evaluation Plan - What do these methods mean? EU Medical Device Regulations 12
M ISO 9001:2015 8.2.1 Contingency Plan required for small Business? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
M Is there any pre-defined Control plan format/template acc. VDA? VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 0
G Do we need to QA cert? We only plan to supply reagents Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 3
A Definition of customer in ITP (Inspection & Test Plan) Contract Review Process 3
S Can we provide training plan as corrective action for IATF 16949 Non conformity? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
C Machine Verification Plan Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
G Control Plan - Include the processes for each sub component? APQP and PPAP 2
F Software development plan for SW update IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 2
M Informational Australia – TGA business plan 2019-20 Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
D Requirement of Pharmacovigilance (Drug Safety) Risk Based Strategic and Tactical Audit Plan General Auditing Discussions 0
M Informational US FDA CDRH’s Health of Women Program Strategic Plan Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational Medical Device Safety Action Plan: Protecting Patients, Promoting Public Health Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
Nicole Desouza Sampling plan for a customer who wants AQL 1.0 (per ANSI Z1.4) AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 5
O Software development plan : development methods IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 2
F 21 CFR Part 11 - Implicit requirements - Validation plan for a Software as a Service Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
A Redesigning our process flow chart, PFMEA and Control Plan Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 4
M Informational Update – MDR and IVDR implementing measures rolling plan – 2 more NBs designated under the new regulations Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
R PMCF plan to justify that our product not require PMCF study EU Medical Device Regulations 2
T Post-Market Surveillance Plan - Requirements outlined in Annex III (1.1b) EU Medical Device Regulations 2
S Implementing a 45001 Health & Safety standard - Internal audit plan wanted Internal Auditing 1
H Man Hour Plan 145.A.30 example needed EASA and JAA Aviation Standards and Requirements 0
M Internal Audit Plan in Retail Internal Auditing 10
M Post Market Surveillance Plan Template EU Medical Device Regulations 6
V Who should define and own the Design and Development Plan and how to maintain the updates and revisions. ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
H Communication plan according to ISO9001 - Pharmaceutical field Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 3
M Informational USFDA – Digital Health Update: The FDA Announces an Opportunity for Test Case Volunteers for the Test Plan for the Software Precertification Program Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
chris1price Cleanroom Monitoring Plan - ISO14644-2:2015 - Risk Assessment Other Medical Device Related Standards 3
M Sampling Plan for Alumin High Pressure Die Castings Manufacturing and Related Processes 0
M Informational EU – April 2019 update of the MDR and IVDR implementing measures rolling plan Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
Mr Skeleton PV (Production Validation) test plan responsibility APQP and PPAP 21
S Is there any connection between PFMEA and Acceptance Plan FMEA and Control Plans 1
D Link between FMEA, flow chart and control plan FMEA and Control Plans 10
F EU MDR 2017/745 Rolling Plan Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 4