Planning Activities After ISO 9001 Certification

Q

QAMTY

Hi everybody

Does someone have a planning after a certification of iso 9001:2008 is granted?
I know internal and surveillance audit will be performed, management review meetings,corrective actions, monitoring process and product will be done, and so on (daily activities)

But considering that is the first year of surveillance audits,
do you consider additional special activities to be performed?

Thanks for your feeedback

AndyN

Moved On
Are you asking about what you have to do to be ready for your first surveillance audit? To help you, your CB should tell you what they always cover during a surveillance and, based on the findings of the certification audit, they should let you know some "target" areas of your qms they are going to look at.

You should really contact them.

Pancho

wikineer
Super Moderator
Hi everybody

Does someone have a planning after a certification of iso 9001:2008 is granted? <snip>

Hi QAMTY,

A solid CAPA process should provide much inspiration for short and long term activities. Beyond that, as far as planning goes it is never too early to take a look at ISO 9004.

BTW, felicidades on your certification!

Q

QAMTY

Thanks andyn

In fact I received recommendations and they are part of the activities i Have in minf.

But I wonder if ther are some others, e.g.

- Some strategic audit focusing on some clause of the norm?
- Maybe taking a look on ISO 9004, in looking for the excelence?

My best regards

Ajit Basrur

Leader
Admin
QAMTY,

Firstly congratulations on your ISO 9001 certification. This is a great recognition of a QMS in place. Since its your first year, make this QMS robust and say after another year, you could embark on your journey towards ISO 9004.

Additionally, you can plan for industry specific certifications too :)

AndyN

Moved On
Hi everybody

Does someone have a planning after a certification of iso 9001:2008 is granted? <snip>
Well, you shouldn't be focused on any clauses of the ISO 9001 standard, that's for sure. But you should think about any areas that had a minor nc during the audit. It's better to focus on "status and importance" of your processes.

You're going to have your work cut out just maintaining compliance, in my experience. Everyone else thinks the race has been run, unless you have an exceptional culture.

Thinking about ISO 9004 is very premature at this point, in all practical senses. Your management should be asking about "excellence, which starts with the customer and their perception of you.

S

silentrunning

One of the things I would strive to do is instill a mindset of ?excellence?. Congratulate people when they achieve milestones and always share when a customer compliments your service or quality. This mindset is difficult to achieve with the rank and file workers if they are not made to feel that their contribution to the success of the company is important. Make sure that EVERY employee knows that they are a part of the Quality Assurance System.

harry

Trusted Information Resource
I agree with Andy's post above. Certification is the first step that provides the ticket to the club. The real work actually starts after certification.

The initial years should be spend on fine tuning the system, streamlining processes, improve effectiveness and efficiency and work on peoples work habit or value system rather than meeting some imposed clauses or requirements.

drgnrider

Quite Involved in Discussions
As many others have mentioned, the next few years should be about improving your system. Small steps.

On the assessment report that my CB presents to me after certification, they propose what areas they intend to look at during surveillance audits one and two. While you do want to improve your whole system, if yours told you what they propose to look at, put a little more emphasis on improving those areas.

Additionally, your auditor might have made some comments or suggestions during their audit, at least start looking at those and if they would help your business. Not saying to implement them, but if the same auditor comes back, be prepared to answer why you didn't take action on their comments, notes from Management Review or other discussions are extremely helpful. Maybe you noted a few items the auditor didn't catch or comment on.

Top Bottom