Plating Supplier Audit Checklist

K

Ken Stage

I think you can access the Nadcap checklist for chemical processing (AC7108) and plating at the SAE, PRI or Eauditnet website. This is the aerospace checklist. You may have to register to get access, but I do not think there is a cost. Very detailed checklists.

Good Luck!:)

M

mhoggard

Hello all,

We are a NADCAP certified company and have recently picked up some automotive work. The customer is asking to have a CQI-12 completed. The process is tin electroplating. The way I am reading it, CQI-12 is for coating assessment and CQI-11 is for plating assessment. Also, CQI-11 specifies zinc and zinc-alloy (galvanizing I assume). Is that all the assessment is concerned with (process tables B, C, D, E do not apply to us)? Thanks for helping clear the confusion.

F

fcardillo

HI,

I'm sorry I can't help you. I am not that familiar with the AIG checklist and the Automotive plating requirements.

Frank

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Hello all,

We are a NADCAP certified company and have recently picked up some automotive work. The customer is asking to have a CQI-12 completed. The process is tin electroplating. The way I am reading it, CQI-12 is for coating assessment and CQI-11 is for plating assessment. Also, CQI-11 specifies zinc and zinc-alloy (galvanizing I assume). Is that all the assessment is concerned with (process tables B, C, D, E do not apply to us)? Thanks for helping clear the confusion.
I'm not familiar with the requirements you're referring to, but it's best to ask your customer what's expected because you might find that it's something other than what you can determine from the standards alone.

J

jasonb067

CQI11 and or the intent of CQI11 should give you the information which you need to understand the problems you are facing.

Good Luck!

Top Bottom