Please Critique My ISO 9001 Internal Process Audit Plan

Gman2

Involved - Posts
Take a look at my Audit Plan -->

Let me know what you think.
There were a couple of areas that I was not sure of if they applied or not, like corrective and preventive action. I mean it's QA's and managements responsibility but ALL departments will be involved at some point or another depending on whether or not they get issued a CA.

Anyway, check it out, tear it up, rip it appart and give me advice!
(btw, this will be my new company's first internal audit with me holding the leads!)

Thanks

G,

Attachments

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
A couple of quick things. I do not see anywhere that explains the color coding. Also, if it is for your facility, I would suggest some type of process integration. For example, actually placing the process being audited on the schedule as well.

I'm enclosing a quick one I use in training. We treat most of the standard as processes (such as resources - resource allocation and control are processes)

Hope this helps.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Gman2

Involved - Posts
color codeing means it applies to the specific process/area (noted on top).
I already noted the processes on the top (quality, HR, Purchasing, ect..)
Will that not suffice?

G.

Gman2 said:
color codeing means it applies to the specific process/area (noted on top).
I already noted the processes on the top (quality, HR, Purchasing, ect..)
Will that not suffice?

G.
I think it could provided that you have enough information to show that you understand it and it works. An auditor might wonder why you have manufacturing as a single process, however. The answer might be as simple as you list it and audit it as a single process, but the actual audit will differentiate each sub-process individually.

R

Rob Nix

Remember too, that a process is defined as a specific action(s) that has input and output. It is very specific. Human Resources, for example, may be too broad to call a single process. It may include the new employee orientation process, training acquisition process, annual review process, etc. The same goes for "Quality".

Just something to think about. :rolleyes:

Rob Nix said:
Remember too, that a process is defined as a specific action(s) that has input and output. It is very specific. Human Resources, for example, may be too broad to call a single process. It may include the new employee orientation process, training acquisition process, annual review process, etc. The same goes for "Quality".
Good thinking Rob, but it is possible to list HR as a large process for the sake of the schedule. The actual audit plan then could separate the different processes which fall under that process. So you could end up with three or four separate process audits under one HR umbrella.

Gman2

Involved - Posts
Okay, I was thinking that this WAS our audit plan :(
I wAS thinking that the processes were listed above and anything under those were various processes and procedures. Now that's how I SEE that, but how do I SHOW that?
For now there is no additional audit plan, maybe I will have to break down the larger process into severy small processes that apply to that process and audit them?
If so I think I will have to have generate a new process audit form of some sort listing inputs and outputs and such.
I could probabaly make in generic that way we could fill it in on wheatever process we are auditing (Nonconforming material process, assembly, customer satisfaction ect...)
Am I on the right track at all?

G.

Gman2 said:
Okay, I was thinking that this WAS our audit plan :(
I wAS thinking that the processes were listed above and anything under those were various processes and procedures. Now that's how I SEE that, but how do I SHOW that?
For now there is no additional audit plan, maybe I will have to break down the larger process into severy small processes that apply to that process and audit them?
If so I think I will have to have generate a new process audit form of some sort listing inputs and outputs and such.
I could probabaly make in generic that way we could fill it in on wheatever process we are auditing (Nonconforming material process, assembly, customer satisfaction ect...)
We may be playing games with words. You can easily cover the smaller processes in your checklist, or other audit criteria. The audit plan I was refering to would indicate exactly what you were auditing when, for example, you would be auditing shipping at 9:30. This type of audit plan can be developed ahead of time and communicated through an email or memo. The audit checklist would outline how you were going to audit that particular process (such as HR). As far as the generic form, I have seen them in the past, and it can work quite well. I know there is a good one somewhere on the Cove.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cari Spears

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Hey G -

Maybe this will help, the attachment is an old audit plan of mine. What you have posted looks like my audit schedule. When it comes time to audit, I put together this little planning form for whatever has been scheduled.

I don't have an electronic copy of the revisions for 9k2k as I did it by hand for our first process audits, but the format will still be similar. It will name processes rather than elements.

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Food Safety Manual for ISO 22000:2005 - Please critique Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 2
Anerol C Please critique my ISO 9000 Champion Chart/Owner Chart ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
B Document Control Procedure - Please Critique Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
W Please review and critique our new Document Control Procedure ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
P Please critique my Organization Structure Chart ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
A Development Project Template - Please Review and Critique Design and Development of Products and Processes 3
C Document Change Request Flowchart - Please critique Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 32
QMMike Please critique this procedure.... Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
I Looking for IT job but no experience!/CV critique please Career and Occupation Discussions 4
E Please Critique my Root Cause Corrective Action Form training Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 4
J Resume Critique - Please review my resume Career and Occupation Discussions 5
9 ECR (Engineering Change Request) process - Please critique / review Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 10
J Material Handling Plan as Described in v5.5 of the PSO Document - Please critique Customer and Company Specific Requirements 3
Anerol C Please Review and Critique my Metal Fabrication Industry Quality Manual ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
S Please Critique my Quality Manual - Media/Administration company. ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
Anerol C Please critique my plant turtle maps.... Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 22
Anerol C Please Critique my process map - Metal-Mechanic Industry Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 4
S Design and Development Activities Flow - Please Critique Design and Development of Products and Processes 3
apestate Micrometer Calibration Procedure - Please critique General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 20
M Contract Review Process Turtle Diagram - Please Review and Critique Contract Review Process 18
C My Product Realization Map - Please Critique ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
M Internal Document Request Process - Please Critique ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
C Product Realization Map attached - Please Critique ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
C Please Critique my process map - Fiberglass business Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 11
C Please Critique Our Quality Plan Process Map! Feedback Appreciated! Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 16
D Amendment Class II - Please confirm if the submission is by email (Canada) - Help Canada Medical Device Regulations 0
E 13485:2016, Sections 4.1.6, 7.5.6 and 7.6 - Validation of Software - Need some Advice please ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
H MDD Article 12 Labeling for Class IIa Medical Device - Please Advise EU Medical Device Regulations 3
O Please, help with document on ISO/ TS 17758 and (IDF 87: 1979). Thank you. Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
Ronen E Can anyone please explain this? (510k submission requirement) Other US Medical Device Regulations 14
A Please explain MDR Rule 11 to me EU Medical Device Regulations 67
R Please share your method used for PEMS Validation IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 5
Sidney Vianna Interesting Discussion Hello IAF. Are you listening? Please explain the inconsistency in your IAF Mandatory Documents (2019) ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 6
J ISO 17025 - Please share a sample procedure for monitoring the validity of results ISO 17025 related Discussions 1
D Good Acceptance Activity/Inspection flowchart for reference - Wanted Please Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 2
optomist1 Share a DFMEA template please Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
alonFAI Please share a medical device company NCMR procedure Other Medical Device Related Standards 5
B Will you please help me with my academic project? Repair & calibration service for test equipment ISO 17025 related Discussions 0
J Medical Device Vigilance decision tree FORM - Please share yours EU Medical Device Regulations 14
Marc Posting Job Openings - Read Me Please - 27 January 2019 Job Openings, Consulting and Employment Opportunities 0
L Please help me with the process of getting ISO 9001 certified Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 15
K Please help identify appropriate statistical treatment Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 13
L Please review my ISO 9001:2015 Internal Audit Plan Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 7
C Will anyone please share training material for ISO:13485:2016 for best practices Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 0
LeonelAguilar352 ISO 9001 - 2015, is the Quality Manual needed? Please advise ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
K Please Help! what is ARL for the range and standard deviation Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 0
E Best GD&T training - Your suggestions and recommendations please Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 3
R Please help me with attached copy of AS 9100D internal audit check sheet AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
S Supplier Classifications - Please give me a good definition of the following terms ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
L Please help my division with quality [long] Service Industry Specific Topics 1