Please Critique My ISO 9001 Internal Process Audit Plan

M

M Greenaway

G

I think you are on the right lines. I will post my schedule in a couple of days when I am back at work, as it is generated in my MS Outlook 'tasks' folder.

Basically my schedule focusses on the 'product realisation' processes. The other business processes are in effect 'support processes'.

Where your product realisation processes form an end to end chain with the customer, typically your support processes cut across the product realisation processes at various stages.

So what i do is conduct the majority of audits by product realisation processes, i.e. design, sales, purchasing, manufactuing, despatch, etc, etc, and audit each support process during each audit of a product realisation process, as and when it appears.

For example, as you say CA/PA will be audited at each process audit.

Some support processes are audited in their own right if, for example, I cannot audit them (such as internal audit itself), it is an area of weakness (such as training), or it doesnt fit neatly into any other product realisation process audit, such as monitoring of customer satisfaction.

Oh, and I dont do detailed plans, much more informal and flexible than that !

M

M Greenaway

yer 'tis

PS its slightly incomplete - but hopefully you get the idea

Attachments

• Table Style.pdf
    472.7 KB · Views: 678
T

T.J. - 2005

This has worked for us.

Attachments

• Audit Plan.xls
    18.5 KB · Views: 2,132
D

dbzman

How?

M Greenway,

How did you create the plan in OUTLOOK?

I would like to do this also.

Thanks!

Mike W

:bigwave:

M

M Greenaway

I created a sub-folder in the 'Tasks' folder.

I created categories based on the major ISO9001:2000 section titles.

I then added columns to this task sub-folder based on the major ISO9001:2000 clause references as simple yes/no data. I then also added a simple text column to identify the auditor and the audit report reference.

Then I created each audit as a 'Task' using the normal MS Outlook method, and selected the category for each audit at the bottom of the 'Task' window - then 'Save and Close'.

Set the 'View' to 'Group By Categories' and then simply click each clause reference you want to address for the audit.

Hope this helps, if you want more detail let me know.

G

Greg B

Cari Spears said:
Hey G -

Maybe this will help, the attachment is an old audit plan of mine. What you have posted looks like my audit schedule. When it comes time to audit, I put together this little planning form for whatever has been scheduled.

I don't have an electronic copy of the revisions for 9k2k as I did it by hand for our first process audits, but the format will still be similar. It will name processes rather than elements.

Cari,

Didn't you also have a cool calendar that went with this? I'm sure you posted it in another thread.

Greg B

G

Greg B

Sorry All, but I don't use an Audit Plan with so much detail and I don't audit against the standard. I tend to leave deliberate audits against the standard to the registrar (that's what they are paid for).
I audit MY process' not the standards process' eg: Mining: What are the Inputs, Outputs and Controls. Do we mine it the way we say we do in the Procedures and Work Instructions? How do we control our Documents and Records? How do maintain control and Traceability of our product and NCs? How have they rectified old NCs and CAPAs? The mine has many procesess but I don't list them all. I just state that I am going to Audit the Mine or One of the production Streams.

So my audit plan is usually planned around our Quarterly Quality Management meetings where we work out our risk areas, Non Conformances, CAPAs and so on to decide what areas require auditing etc. I then draw up a list of the areas to be audited, the date of audit and audit number (I only do 24 audits maximum a year) and they last about one or two days total. At the next Meeting we work out a new plan. I never have to look at the standard and work out if I have asked enough questions about 8.5.1 or 4.2.2 etc It's a lot less stressful. I have had Processes that have not been internally audited in five years as they have never had a problem and passed all annual 3rd party audits. I'd like to eventually get to Randy Stewarts stage of NO AUDITS.

Greg B

Cari Spears

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator
Greg B said:
Cari,

Didn't you also have a cool calendar that went with this? I'm sure you posted it in another thread.

Greg B

Yes - here it is, I had to do a little revising. I used to distribute and post memos for each meeting. Now I plan to distribute this once and be done with it. Also attached is my audit schedule for 2002-2003, my current one lists processes and documents to be audited, but it is kinda scribbly and done by hand right now. I'll post when I'm done.

Attachments

• TCF.01.SCH 04.doc
    113.5 KB · Views: 684
  • TCF.17.SCH.doc
    61.5 KB · Views: 624
Last edited:

Gman2

Involved - Posts
LOL I have to say that I totally stole your calander idea! (with a few small tweaks of course). That is a very good idea and everyone here loves it, it's hanging in the offices of everyone I gave it to.

G.

Cari Spears

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator
Gman2 said:
...everyone here loves it, it's hanging in the offices of everyone I gave it to.

G.

I'm glad you guys like it. :agree: Our people like it better than all those meeting memos here too. I was trying to get myself organized to get an idea of how I would be scheduling management review for the frequencies our team decided on - without conflicting with the auditing schedule (internal and external), hunting season, month end, short months or holiday months - anyway, it turned out kinda neat so I decided to distribute and control it.

Now if we have customer visits, etc., the people scheduling such things with the outside party can work around our schedule. If for some reason we can't work something like this around our schedule - at least I'm given plenty of time to reschedule instead of finding out a week before!

Last edited:
Top Bottom