Please Critique Our Quality Plan Process Map! Feedback Appreciated!

Critique Our Process Map

Attached is a copy of our Process Map for our upcoming external audit which is scheduled for March 10th-12th. This has been reduced from 24 X 17 to 8 1/2 X 11 for faxing purposes and may be a little hard to read but it is readable. We arrived at this final product by using examples we found posted here so thanks to all who have helped.

Please let me know what you think AND how it might be improved and/or simplified.

Jeff Farrar

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Shaun Daly

Involved In Discussions
I presume there is a key to the symbols which is not shown on the actual map?

That looks vaugely similiar to my first attempt today. Did you use the orange shaded map from here as inspiration? :)

I am new to this but taking comments on board from this sight I think a process map as compared to a flowchart should have more descriptive inputs & outputs? Or, using the shape of the symbols to indicate what is an input/output?

The little codes are your procedure references? I like that. Makes going to a specific procedure easy.

As soon as I get mine halfway decent so Im not embarressed I will post it.

Constructive criticism welcomed :)

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Trusted Information Resource
A nice, detailed map. Just a few passing comments based on a quick look...

I assume you have specific performance measures mentioned elsewhere in your QM.

It looks like you have "level 2" procedures referenced in the map, but it looks to me like your map is also detailed enough that it actually covers some of the "level 2" stuff. (Just a point, not a criticism). Is there overlap/redundency between the map and the level 2 procedures it references, and, if so, did you do this intentionally (i.e. to make the map more usable to your people)?

I did not even think about putting in a legend for the symbols. I will make that change. I used basic flow chart symbols where rectangles represent a process and diamonds represent a decision process. And the codes {i.e. QP24-102, QP72-100, etc} are our actual Quality Procedure numbers as you stated.

I can't remember what thread contained the example{s} we used but we took two example charts and combined them into one. That is why it takes a 24 X 17 sheet to print the chart. It IS viewable on an 11 X 17 but the larger size is much easier to read.

We did include some Level 2 processes just for ease of interpretation by our employees.

Our audit is scheduled for March 10th-12th so I will post the results of our audit and our auditor's thoughts on the Process Map.

Thanks,

Jeff Farrar

You put all clauses of 5,6,8 chapters of 9k2k at the bottom of the Map. They look very funny and artificial. May be you want to show an interaction between processes. But IMHO this is unsuccessful attempt. Take them away!

Shaun Daly

Involved In Discussions
Right, Ive finished thrashing around in desperation, here are my first 3 docs.

Constructive criticism very welcome!

First; a plan of the system docs that reside in our folder called the quality manual.

Attachments

Shaun Daly

Involved In Discussions
This!

Any comments appreciated. This process flow lark is new to me, and I am not a particuarly innovative thinker like my ex-boss was.

He supplied me with the base plan for the lower level layout - all hail DRO!

Attachments

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Trusted Information Resource
Shaun,

A quick scan of your docs. suggests to me that you understand process flow better than you might think! Looks like some innovative thinking to me. I see nothing that jumped-out at me as bad. Let us know how your registrar and your co-workers respond to it, will you?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anerol C Please Review and Critique my Metal Fabrication Industry Quality Manual ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
S Please Critique my Quality Manual - Media/Administration company. ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
T Food Safety Manual for ISO 22000:2005 - Please critique Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 2
B Document Control Procedure - Please Critique Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
W Please review and critique our new Document Control Procedure ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
P Please critique my Organization Structure Chart ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
A Development Project Template - Please Review and Critique Design and Development of Products and Processes 3
C Document Change Request Flowchart - Please critique Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 32
QMMike Please critique this procedure.... Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
I Looking for IT job but no experience!/CV critique please Career and Occupation Discussions 4
E Please Critique my Root Cause Corrective Action Form training Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 4
J Resume Critique - Please review my resume Career and Occupation Discussions 5
9 ECR (Engineering Change Request) process - Please critique / review Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 10
Anerol C Please critique my ISO 9000 Champion Chart/Owner Chart ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
J Material Handling Plan as Described in v5.5 of the PSO Document - Please critique Customer and Company Specific Requirements 3
Anerol C Please critique my plant turtle maps.... Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 22
Anerol C Please Critique my process map - Metal-Mechanic Industry Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 4
S Design and Development Activities Flow - Please Critique Design and Development of Products and Processes 3
apestate Micrometer Calibration Procedure - Please critique General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 20
M Contract Review Process Turtle Diagram - Please Review and Critique Contract Review Process 18
C My Product Realization Map - Please Critique ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
M Internal Document Request Process - Please Critique ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
C Product Realization Map attached - Please Critique ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
C Please Critique my process map - Fiberglass business Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 11
Gman2 Please Critique My ISO 9001 Internal Process Audit Plan Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 39
D Amendment Class II - Please confirm if the submission is by email (Canada) - Help Canada Medical Device Regulations 0
E 13485:2016, Sections 4.1.6, 7.5.6 and 7.6 - Validation of Software - Need some Advice please ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
H MDD Article 12 Labeling for Class IIa Medical Device - Please Advise EU Medical Device Regulations 3
O Please, help with document on ISO/ TS 17758 and (IDF 87: 1979). Thank you. Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
Ronen E Can anyone please explain this? (510k submission requirement) Other US Medical Device Regulations 14
A Please explain MDR Rule 11 to me EU Medical Device Regulations 67
R Please share your method used for PEMS Validation IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 5
Sidney Vianna Interesting Discussion Hello IAF. Are you listening? Please explain the inconsistency in your IAF Mandatory Documents (2019) ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 6
J ISO 17025 - Please share a sample procedure for monitoring the validity of results ISO 17025 related Discussions 1
D Good Acceptance Activity/Inspection flowchart for reference - Wanted Please Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 2
optomist1 Share a DFMEA template please Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
alonFAI Please share a medical device company NCMR procedure Other Medical Device Related Standards 5
B Will you please help me with my academic project? Repair & calibration service for test equipment ISO 17025 related Discussions 0
J Medical Device Vigilance decision tree FORM - Please share yours EU Medical Device Regulations 14
Marc Posting Job Openings - Read Me Please - 27 January 2019 Job Openings, Consulting and Employment Opportunities 0
L Please help me with the process of getting ISO 9001 certified Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 15
K Please help identify appropriate statistical treatment Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 13
L Please review my ISO 9001:2015 Internal Audit Plan Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 7
C Will anyone please share training material for ISO:13485:2016 for best practices Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 0
LeonelAguilar352 ISO 9001 - 2015, is the Quality Manual needed? Please advise ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
K Please Help! what is ARL for the range and standard deviation Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 0
E Best GD&T training - Your suggestions and recommendations please Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 3
R Please help me with attached copy of AS 9100D internal audit check sheet AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
S Supplier Classifications - Please give me a good definition of the following terms ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
L Please help my division with quality [long] Service Industry Specific Topics 1