SBS - The Best Value in QMS software

Please help me solve a DOE problem - New Minitab User

Y

yasharif

Hello All
Is there anyone who can help me solving the problem with DOE?
I am new user of DOE and minitab.

I have a database of roadmarkings like centre yellow line and white edgeline and their reflective number at night time to guide the drivers in dark.

So for a particular road I have
1. Annual daily traffic
2. Time ( months)
3. And degradation number for those reflecteting numbers of those road markings

How can I predict an equation through the database by building a model?

Please any help is appreciated.

I was trying to make a full factorial design ..

Regards
Sharif

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Miner

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Admin
Re: DOE -Minitab New user

To use a DOE approach, you must create the design first, run the experiment exactly per the design, then analyze it. When you have historical data, you cannot try to force fit it into a factorial experiment. You must analyze it differently.

To recommend an appropriate method, we need to know a little more about the degradation number. Is it an objective parameter measured on a continuous interval/ratio scale, or is it a subjective appearance rated on an ordinal scale? The answer to this question will limit the available options.

For example, if it is continuous data you might be able to use regression analysis or degradation analysis (a reliability tool). If it is ordinal, you might use ordinal logistic regression.

Y

yasharif

Thank you very much for your quick reply.
I really appreciate.

I have a database:
Interstate ADT(avg daily traffic) IRL 1yrRL 2ndyrRL...5thyrRL
I-95 15000-25000 800 750 650 340

I-95 is a highway where average daily traffic is from 15000-25000. The roadmarking or roadsign that were put initially to guide the car/driver at nighttime had IRL(initial retro reflective number) of 800 and the material was polyurea. It can be thermo or paint also. Then an instrument is used and the reading of the roadmarking taken a year later and found 750 and then the later years 650,340...and son on may be upto 7th year.

I developed an exponential degradation model from the database but does not look satisfactory to my BOSS.

Now my goal is to find the cost effectiveness of these materials.

Is there any otherway you can suggest or advice me..

Thank you once again.

Regards
Sharif

Miner

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Admin
Sorry for the delay in responding. I have been offline for a week.

Given the information that you have provided, I would probably approach it from a reliability degradation analysis. Which distribution you choose depends on the data. I will comment that the exponential distribution is probably an incorrect choice because it is used for random failures. By definition degradation analysis is performed on wearout failure modes. The most flexible distribution for modeling wearout is the Weibull distribution, but other distributions might fit better.

Y

yasharif

Hi Miner
Is there anyway I can use Minitab to do the weibull distribution? Do you have any example or link ?

Thank you.
Regards
Sharif

Y

yasharif

Dear Miner
I am attaching an image link to my dataset. Its just a snapshot of the big database.
I am really very new to Minitab. If you could show me the steps how to plug this data for weibull or degradation analysis in Minitab 16?

I really appreciate your help and time .

Thank you very much.

Regards
Sharif

Y

yasharif

Thank you Miner or your quick reply.

Basically we have 3 material : Polyurea, Thermo, Paint.
This data is for Thermo.
And we have different ADT. The maximum ADT we have is 113000 and the least one we have is 250 ADT. But particularly in this road for thermo the ADT is given in the image.

Thank you again.
Sharif

Attachments

Miner

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Admin
The data raise a lot of questions. The results seem to deteriorate then improve then deteriorate again. This begs some questions:
  1. Was there a measurement methods change or measurement device change?
  2. Is the measurement a single value or the average of multiple measurements?
  3. Have you quantified the measurement variation?
  4. If the measurement is a single value, how much variation is there along a stretch of highway?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Amendment Class II - Please confirm if the submission is by email (Canada) - Help Canada Medical Device Regulations 0
O Please, help with document on ISO/ TS 17758 and (IDF 87: 1979). Thank you. Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
B Will you please help me with my academic project? Repair & calibration service for test equipment ISO 17025 related Discussions 0
L Please help me with the process of getting ISO 9001 certified Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 15
K Please help identify appropriate statistical treatment Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 13
K Please Help! what is ARL for the range and standard deviation Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 0
R Please help me with attached copy of AS 9100D internal audit check sheet AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
L Please help my division with quality [long] Service Industry Specific Topics 1
J Please help me understand what a process is ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
V Revised ISO std vs ISO13485:2003 - Help Please!!! ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
L Newly API Q1 9th Edition applicant HELP please =) Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 3
S Informational Please help this newbie understand ISO 9001 Work Instructions ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 44
R Please help with the construction of OC curves Using Minitab Software 7
M Please help to analyze Response Surface Methodology by using Minitab 16 Using Minitab Software 6
M Please help to change the numbering in level 3 of structure Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
D Please help for the CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional) Exam Professional Certifications and Degrees 2
S Please help on ISO 13485 medical device related services Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
K Please help me to generate a Production Chart Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
R Please help me with Welding Symbols Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
I Please help me with some Templates Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
S Please help me define training requirements for a Career in Regulatory Affairs 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
B Help with NDC (Number of Distinct Categories) Please Six Sigma 2
N If ew(t)=2339, how do I find T? Please help on Maths Problem Brain Teasers and Puzzles 3
C Clarification On Internal Auditor Requirements - Please help Internal Auditing 10
P ISO 9001:2008 Gap Analysis Template - Please help ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
B Product Realisation Process Map - Need some help, please review and comment ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
T Please help me interpret my GR&R results Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
M Can anybody help me with Management Review scenario please? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
V Help needed with ISO 14001 Procedures please ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 7
C I'm from Malaysia, just graduate 1 year - Looking for a job...Please help me. Career and Occupation Discussions 3
N I have 2 groups to compare - Minitab and stats newbie - Please help Using Minitab Software 18
K Please help Calculate Audit Man Days Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 8
B 5 Why help needed Please kindly review Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 15
D Please help to set Weighing Indicator SI4010R General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
G Newbie in IMDS - Please help me understand what I have to do RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 4
B Green Initiative - Please help me in preparing Go Green Steps.... Sustainability, Green Initiatives and Ecology 6
Ron Rompen Shiftwork Scheduling - An unusual problem - Need help please Human Factors and Ergonomics in Engineering 13
S Opening Up Tolerances - We have over 6000 live drawings - help please Design and Development of Products and Processes 6
N Help please - Mechanical Latch Design Principles? Design and Development of Products and Processes 2
K Scoring Scale for Internal Audits - Please help finding the right terms Internal Auditing 44
D Need some help with a formula in Excel Please! Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 11
T Help With GR&R (Gage R&R) on JMP ***JMP people please help*** Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
M 'Searched' virus? Cannot delete folder - HELP please After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 33
G Hazardous Waste Consignment Note - Please Help Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 2
R Please help us to understand clause 5.5.2 of ISO 9001 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
R Please help me to convert from ISO9001 to ISO13485 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 10
J Contract Review - Please help me define the requirement 7.2.2 Info needed Contract Review Process 9
C Help me out please - Trig diameter question Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 10
M Implementing TS 16949 in a new stamping plant - Help please IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
M Re: Gage R&R - Please help, how do I finish this? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 11